Venus Opposed Jupiter

How do I put all this together.

(Get your magnifying glass out for my chart :D)

Get ready for information overload.

Venus in Capricorn/Cardinal/Earth

*Takes love seriously

*Attracted to practical, relationships which provide security.

*Partners status may be important, gains status through relationships.

*Supportive of partner's ambitions.

*Creative abilities can be expressed in a practical way.

*May need to overcome blocks of some kind which stand in the way of creativity
* Family concerns
*responsibilities
*financial concerns
*education
*fear of failure

*Important for you to create something material and tangible, possibly with a business involving art.

*Love and duty combined.

*Venus strained in Capricorn
*Insecurity regarding position, or ability to fulfill ambitions.

*When Venus in Capricorn has obtained self worth from their careers, they can have committed long term relationships founded on love and admiration for their partner, both personally and professionally.

Venus in 5th

*Self worth through creative accomplishments

*Express self in a creative or artistic fashion.

*Creativity restores balance.

Jupiter in Leo

*Identifies strongly with beliefs. Finds meaning in creativity.

*Jupiter expands creativity/artistic pursuits.

*Fuse - Will/mind for intelligent creative expression (love/wisdom)

*Full potential through leadership can become boastful (Roar) Lion.

*Gaining insight into self. Lion hearted optimism, and enthusiasm, needs to use abilities to enthuse and inspire others.

Jupiter in 11th

*Future orientated Jupiter in future orientated eleventh. Overflowing with ideas, plans, and goals. Emphasis on dealing with society at large.

*Needs to be involved with social change. The larger human community. Can be found in organizations. Humanitarian progressive goals.

*Liberal with time and resources. Natural planners. May well demand constant intellectual stimulation.

*This position is doubly restless and doubly intellectual but also doubly humanitarian, interested in bettering the world.

*May threaten larger social institutions which both support and confine the people they serve.

*Spreads themselves among many different circles.

*Your ability to grow and expand your field of influence is nearly unlimited. You have the capacity to acquire new information to increase your value to yourself and the world.

*You need to promote your potentials, to attract people in important positions.

*Two placements in opposition needs to be balanced.

All I could find for the Venus/Jupiter aspect is:

*Learn when to stop: spending, having a good time.

*Love of knowledge, philosophies etc..

*Over extravagant with self and others.

I tried to interpret it below, is this how others would interpret this aspect.

P.S The signs are not naturally opposite but inconjunct would this mean my serious, inhibited, responsible side - needs to be balanced with fiery dramatic Leo. Do you think Capricorn feels embarrassed by Leo.

Love is taken seriously, and you approach romance carefully and take Love seriously. You may be attracted to people of status and can be supportive of a partner's ambitions .

To keep the relationship balanced - you also need to express your own personal ambitions, and you may need to overcome blocks which stand in the way of creativity. You may have insecurity regarding your own ability to fulfill ambitions. Your own self worth comes *through* personal creative accomplishments. You need to express yourself and the creative dimension of your personality.

Another part of you needs to be involved in the community, and you can be found in organizations and involved in progressive humanitarian pursuits. You can be very liberal with your time and resources and this needs to be balanced with achieving your own personal achievements, and hobbies. Responsibility for children (5th) may need to be balanced with your humanitarian goals. You can give something of your self to society which is practical and gives you a feeling of self worth. You may need to learn when to devote time to th things that sustain your self worth and self expression and when to give your energies to society. Balance your self optimism, enthusiasm for humanity with your own self expression of creative goals.

I guess no one knows. I am off to do my own studying for a couple of weeks. I am moving on to practical astrology work now as I am getting bored of theory all the time. Never mind. :)

EJ53

Banned
Hi Miss S,

I wouldn't argue with your interpretation of the factors you've identified.

However I think you need to incorporate the effects of the following, if you're looking beyond "theoretical interpretation" of this opposition :-

1. Meaning of Jupiter in Cancer (because it falls exactly on the cusp).

2. Meaning of joint-ruler of 7th + 8th houses (jupiter) being in 11th.

3. Meaning of ruler of 3rd + 10th (venus) being in 5th.

4. Meaning of Sagittarius intercepted (ruled by Jupiter).

5. Influence of the "easy-opposition" Mercury/Moon conjunction.

(Edit. Maybe the meaning of the (jupiter ruled) 7/8 duplicated houses need to be considered too.)

EJ:)

Last edited:
Hi Charmvirgo, :)

You are right in that I think Venus being in Capricorn does limit it a little, as I am more socially shy, I wouldn't say I am a party goer. I have my moments of spending and can go overboard at times. I don't always buy the essentials either, usually astrology books, astrology software, Cd's, stereos, large televisions, computers. I like all things which entertain me really :D . I get an idea in my head for something and don't calculate the debt or whether I have the fiances or not I just buy it, I will splash out on my partners as well when I have money. After I can feel guilty but can usually make excuses to allow myself the good things, like I don't smoke or I hardly drink and so the odd spending spree is harmless as I am good most of the time and then I just really splash out. Maybe my Venus in Capricorn limits for so long and Jupiter can't take the restraint and has a major splash out. I think that is what it usually is. Like food, sweets, and other indulgences I can go strict for ages and then I have some chocolate or drink and just get a bit too merry with it :rolleyes: .

Hi EJ, :)

I have wondered what the meaning of Venus in 5th means when it rules my 3rd commumcation and 10th goals/aspirations. Creative/communications maybe. There are lots of points to consider with this aspect I will think more on it.

Thank you both for your help ;) .

The problem with us Charmvirgo is we are expensive women, with good taste :D . I can go with cheaper brands but with some items I like the quality or the look and don't mind spending more if I will enjoy it. Maybe my miserable Saturn on Virgo Asc has some say on how much I spend. You sound exactly like me, I will leave bill money and get the latest Astrology programme or a new computer. When I am in my compulsion mood there is very little anyone can do to persuade me not to buy something. I can be talking like a sensible person concerning money for weeks and then just go reckless. Your Mars/Jupiter must influence your reckless acts, maybe where these planets are placed in your chart.

I will check out the new astrology program, I love kepler and I will have to see the new features on this. Maybe another spending spree is on the cards :D .

Just had a quick look at the new astrology programme and I like the screenshot of it, it appeals to my Uranus side, it looks futuristic. There are a lot of features to read through, I hope they do the lovely chart designs as well but more updated.

Very appealing :) .

Hi Charmvirgo,

That's great let me know your review of it when you get it :) . I feel like my Kepler 7 version is really old and outdated now :D .

EJ53

Banned
Miss Saturn said:
I have wondered what the meaning of Venus in 5th means when it rules my 3rd commumcation and 10th goals/aspirations. Creative/communications maybe.

Ruler of 3rd in 5th = ability to communicate well with children and young people and an urge to do something "intellectually important".

Ruler of 10th in 5th = enjoyment + creativity in career and/or a career involved with children/young people.

And, since the ruler here is venus, I guess the emphasis is upon security and harmonious relationships.
_____________________________​

Ruler of 7th in 11th = partner likely to be also a friend, with shared circle of friends and similar social views.​

Ruler of 8th in 11th = when afflicted, opinions rejected/opposed by "society". When not afflicted (or afflictions overcome) Jupiterian talents, resources and abilities can transform/regenerate "society".​

So, with Jupiter ruling, the emphasis is probably on principles and beliefs.​

______________________________​

But, since this is an opposition, it is likely that you will be identifying with the positive qualities of one planet and "projecting" the negative characteristics of the other - whatever that astrological psycho-babble means.​

EJ:)