Random Thoughts

david starling

Here's one I've had personal experience with: Saturn in Sagittarius, which gave me a lot of trouble during that recent Transit. Very unfortunate [IMO], and also "out-of-Service".

petosiris

Banned
By pattern, like so many Astrological assignations. Any personal experience with the Moon in (tropical) Gemini?

That would generally be exalted Moon. I was curious because there is a medieval doctrine that says Moon in Gemini is unfortunate, but this is actually based on a mistranslation concerning twelfth-part of Cancer.

david starling

I'm uncertain about the "unfortunate because out-of-Service" designation. I need pattern, so I'll have to examine the ramifications . If it works for a few, it should work for all. I've never felt personally comfortable with my own, personal reaction to the emotional effects of Moon in Gemini, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's an "unfortunate" placement .
Here's another one: Sun in Mer :)cancer:).

david starling

Interesting that, by experience, Sun in Aquarius doesn't appear afflicted, even though the Sun rules its opposite Sign (in my 12/12 as well). Maybe it's a good thing when the Sun's intensity is clouded over! I just read that in the Vedic system, the Sun is considered a Malefic!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I just read that in the Vedic system, the Sun is considered a Malefic!

hqdefault.jpg

wpt_1375460679.jpg

petosiris

Banned
The Moon has an additional feature because of the obvious and important phases. So if you have the Moon Exalted in Taurus, how do you factor in the phases?

Have you noticed that it is always horned relative to the cosmic exaltation of the Sun? Ptolemy and Valens also mention of this phase (they say the Moon begins to cosmically wane in Scorpio). Ptolemy even extended this phase to the domiciles, getting the dignity of ''proper face''. But you would not know that was an important rationale.

petosiris

Banned
Alternate coordinate systems. So, what's Moon in Gemini in your sidereal coordinates? Maybe peregrine?

Do you mean what Moon in Gemini signifies? Or do you mean planetary strength - according to my calculations - it is - 2 in the Northern Hemisphere and + 2 in the Southern, being at the corresponding solstice, and it is - 1 due to being in masculine sign. All other considerations are based on the placement of the rulers, which I consider more important than the aforementioned - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121676

By itself, the domicile ruler - Mercury is neutral.

If you meant what Moon in Gemini signifies, I consider the Moon as important factor to take into account for appearance, life, fortune etc. - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121654
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121677

I don't consider detriment and peregrine. In the Hellenistic tradition, the first is rarely mentioned, the latter is non-existant.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Actually I just noticed that Freud's Lot of Accusation falls in the 4th Capricorn. Interesting in relation to his native country, health problem and accusations from the shock nature of 4th and Saturn related topics at the time. Saturn in Gemini square Mars further elucidates the accusations he got from society because of his writings. Nevertheless, we have a greatly fortunate nativity mostly because of the mentioned factors in the previous post.