Are there any books you can recommend for beginners in Vedic astrology?

Dunn

Hi! I'm very interested in Vedic astrology after it had accurately predicted my life a couple times. I'd like to learn it, but I don't even know any decent books I can start my learning with. I know some basic principles from online, such as signs, planets, degrees, aspects, conjunctions, and mahadasha, but I'm trying to learn more. Are there any books you can recommend? Thanks!

Dunn

Go to the website www.kasacademy.com and buy the book.
This worth...i mean it.

Anup
kascorner.com

Thanks. I've got his books in full and have been reading them. How would you rate his books? I think they are really informatjve for beginners. I'd hope to know more about Jaimini astrology or Yogini as well. I even think about going to schools for Vedic astrology. Astrology is my only long-term interest. I'm trying to get serious with it now.

ANUP

Every system is good till this is showing and giving you the results.

Its good that you have purchased this book already.This is an ancient system which is well explained along with taking few charts.You might have noticed many things are depicted logically and meaningful because such things are missing in other system or been corrupted with the passage of time.If you have any difficulty understanding KAS system, you may clear your doubts asking me.

Good luck,

-Anup
kascorner.com

Dunn

Every system is good till this is showing and giving you the results.

Its good that you have purchased this book already.This is an ancient system which is well explained along with taking few charts.You might have noticed many things are depicted logically and meaningful because such things are missing in other system or been corrupted with the passage of time.If you have any difficulty understanding KAS system, you may clear your doubts asking me.

Good luck,

-Anup
kascorner.com

Thank you so much. I'll continue my study and keep asking questions when I have doubt.

First learn some basic astronomy related to astrology and learn how to cast a horoscope, for that read

1. mathematical Astrology and astronomy by Deepak Kapoor. Then read basic predictive techniques using the book

2. Predictive Astrology by M N Kedaar

Then, start reading classics like Brhat Parashara hora shastra, phaladeepika, Uttar Kalaamrita, Saravali etc

3. Read some advance books on specific topics like Dasha and Transits, marriage, progeny, ashtakvarga, etc

Don't go for Nadi or K P Astrology at the beginning, add them later once you have some base in astrology. Similarly avoid doing Jamini or Brighu jyotish at the beginning. Start with parashari principles.