Am I an idiot?

Lilyres

What would moon opposite mercury mean? Both intercepted and debilitated. Mercury in Pisces intercepted in 1st house and Virgo moon intercepted in the 7th. The things I've read about it seem pretty accurate. I've always have trouble saying how I actually feel like some kind of blockage. I've read that when you have mercury in Pisces your mental capabilities suck basically.. and to have it be intercepted also:( I'm forgetful and I've always felt like I've thought differently from a lot of my peers not necessarily in a good way. What comes naturally to most people I have to work towards. I always have to double check myself, I never had confidence in my intelligence. I wish I could say what I want without the fear of sounding dumb. The strange things is I don't actually feel unintelligent... i don't know. Sorry for this long post that is all over he place haha. Is there anyway I can get over this? No matter how much I learn I always feel like an idiot, I could be a rocket scientist and still think I was dumb. I didn't go into depth with the moon aspect but long story short I've never been comfortable getting close to anyone it's unsettles me. I've never said this aloud to anyone I know, this is the first time I've acknowledged this outside my own head.. to strangers on the internet lol. I know It's a contradiction thinking I'm stupid but at the same time not stupid.. I can't explain it. That's another thing I'm horrible at, verbalizing my thoughts. I write this post in hopes that one of you can help me out, any advice if you have this aspect at all.. if it's even that that's causing me to feel this way. Thanks for reading:)

I have Moon square Mercury, not sure how you would be an idiot at all.

Just means you confuse feelings with your rational mind, you can deal with this and learn to focus on your own trigger points, learn from others that you are either overreacting or not reacting enough, you will strike a balance.

My Moon is in Taurus square Leo Mercury.

Another point, does an idiot know how to type as good as you do? show true worry for ones own draw backs?

Does an idiot admit to themselves that they need to fix something with their own personality?

Idiocy is not tied to just intellect.

conspiracy theorist

I had a good laugh at the title of the thread, thanks for that.

It would be best to post your chart. But idiots tend not to care much for analysis or introspection, two things which are apparent from your OP. Maybe it's not a matter of you being an idiot per se, but if you are intelligent enough to compete competently in "intellectual spheres". I speculate that it may be a confidence issue vs. an ability issue. The chart will move things along nicely though.

katydid

Hey, I have PROOF that you are not an idiot. When I ready your post I remembered a research study I had seen years ago. And they tested 400 MENSA members with 400 regulars, and GUESS WHAT?

"Surprise – Mercury in Pisces! The strongest number against a control group showed Mercury in both its Detriment and Fall in Pisces as the strongest placement for Mercury the Experimental Group – even stronger than being placed in Virgo. Could Mercury in Pisces denote deeper levels of thought?"

https://proastrologer.com/2013/04/1...le-the-astrology-of-mensa-level-intelligence/

They tested several astrological beliefs about various aspects and placements. Some hold true and others do not

Lilyres

Thank you both for replying, I admit I did try to go for an interesting title. Here's my birth chart.

Attachments

• birth chart.jpg
    birth chart.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 67

katydid

Hey, I have PROOF that you are not an idiot. When I ready your post I remembered a research study I had seen years ago. And they tested 400 MENSA members with 400 regulars, and GUESS WHAT?

"Surprise – Mercury in Pisces! The strongest number against a control group showed Mercury in both its Detriment and Fall in Pisces as the strongest placement for Mercury the Experimental Group – even stronger than being placed in Virgo. Could Mercury in Pisces denote deeper levels of thought?"

https://proastrologer.com/2013/04/1...le-the-astrology-of-mensa-level-intelligence/

They tested several astrological beliefs about various aspects and placements. Some hold true and others do not

MORE from the above research:

There was some strong positive correlation there – but not for all six.

Sun trine Jupiter and Sun trine Uranus show a strong correlation

– but Sun sextile Mars was only barely above a ten-percent difference, and Sun trine Mars and Sun sextile Jupiter or Uranus show strong negative numbers.

So, one can see that not all the factors mentioned in astrology literature hold up to scrutiny when tested with a group of Mensa-eligible people against a control group.

conspiracy theorist

btw, check out Sam Harris. He has an Aries Sun with a Pisces Mercury too, but no one will call him an idiot unless they're talking ironically. Maximum elongation (when Mercury is as far as it can be from the Sun) is seen as a positive situation for Mercury to be in. It's symbolic for being able to detach one's cognitive processes from one's biases - great for all kinds of high level thinking.

Lilyres

Thanks for taking the time anyways! I'll look him up. So what do you all think about Jupiter combust sun? Isn't Jupiter supposedly higher learning, does that mean the sun is overpowering it?

blacksun?

Thank you both for replying, I admit I did try to go for an interesting title. Here's my birth chart.

Thats a badass chart. You seem like a rugged soul. Life gets better as it progresses for that type which is arguably better than having a lot of success in the beginning, as normally age does tend to bring melancholy.

I really enjoyed your OP.

conspiracy theorist

Thanks for taking the time anyways! I'll look him up. So what do you all think about Jupiter combust sun? Isn't Jupiter supposedly higher learning, does that mean the sun is overpowering it?

I could find a dozen or so charts of brilliant persons who all have Sun/Jupiter conjunctions. I haven't found combustions to be such a scorching debility in natal charts, despite what the literature says.

I've read your other thread that gave more detail to your issues, and what you're contending with isn't the average situation. Looking at your chart again, there seems to be a war happening in regard to your mental life. The moon/mercury opposition was already touched upon, but notice that your 3/9 house axis is also in a war with each other. Both planets are domiciled and in sect, which shows that these are potentially very lucrative areas for you, but bare in mind that while the 9th house has to deal with higher learning/education and philosophical inquiry, the 3rd house is the more formative aspects of education from K-12th grade. Notice two things now, Mars is afflicting Venus - the 3rd house ruler - AND Uranus at he ascendant is also afflicting Venus. What does this configuration suggest? Both Mars and Uranus are aggressive and destabilizing forces and the affliction to the 3rd house ruler would mean a lot of disruptive and conflict in regard to your school life, which combined with your moon/mercury opposition would result in a whittling away of your confidence to be a competent mind, as the chart indicates a troubling time.

Note too where Uranus is located - on the 1st house cusp, along side the SN (ketu). Ketu is the Neptune of the Vedics and it would bestow qualities such as being less concerned with the material world and more spiritually minded, less competitive, and a lot more detached in general. Add Uranus to the mix, which is also a severing influence and depersonalizing and you can see how there is astrological precedent for the issues that you face (speaking about the issues in your other thread). This stresses your 3rd house Venus, which means that these personality influences also has a negative bearing on your 3rd house experience (school life). Your issues made it all the more harder for you to excel, which in turn makes you think you are inadequate. You have to be fair to yourself - your situation isn't the norm, and it's not an easy "quirk" to contend with either.

Your issues do not hinged upon any stupidity at all.

AAAAHA! I knew it! I have Merc in Pis in the 6th and I never agreed very much with the popular opinion of this placement ;)

katydid

AAAAHA! I knew it! I have Merc in Pis in the 6th and I never agreed very much with the popular opinion of this placement ;)

YES, I know what you mean. My Mom is one of the most intelligent people I have ever known. And she is a Pisces with Mercury in Pisces trine her Scorpio Moon.

She can read people very well and she is a very quick learner. She was very successful in her career and with her role as mom.

I have known a lot of Mercury in Pisces people who were very smart. So this research data is very interesting.

Mine in Leo in 6th, i'm wondering how that would work with a Pisces Merc, my mind is too fast.

Leo Merc in 6th is domicile.

Wot?

Leo is not Mercury's domicile. If you mean that the 6th house is somehow related to Virgo, I've gotta tell you that it's not... Having your Mercury in this house won't make you smarter. Not necessarily stupider either though. However, the 6th house is malefic, related to illnesses and diseases, so it's not a very comfortable position for Mercury.

Wot?

Leo is not Mercury's domicile. If you mean that the 6th house is somehow related to Virgo, I've gotta tell you that it's not... Having your Mercury in this house won't make you smarter. Not necessarily stupider either though. However, the 6th house is malefic, related to illnesses and diseases, so it's not a very comfortable position for Mercury.

The sixth house corresponds with the sign of Virgo, so if Mercury is posited in the sixth house then it is accidentally dignified.

[Deleted quote because it was longer than our limit of 100 words and the source was not cited. In respect for copyright laws, ALL quotes posted in this forum from sources that did not originate in this forum must be properly cited and no longer than 100 words. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
@CancerEvolve,

I'm still pretty sure that Virgo has nothing to do with the 6th house. What does the sign of Virgo has to do with illnesses and diseases? Your Mercury is actually accidentally debilitated by being in the malefic house, sorry dude! I don't want this to be a debate or whatever (sorry to the OP if this is offtopic!) but just wanted to give my opinion. :whistling:

[Deleted reference to deleted part of a previous post. - Moderator]

@CancerEvolve,

I'm still pretty sure that Virgo has nothing to do with the 6th house. What does the sign of Virgo has to do with illnesses and diseases? Your Mercury is actually accidentally debilitated by being in the malefic house, sorry dude! I don't want this to be a debate or whatever (sorry to the OP if this is offtopic!) but just wanted to give my opinion. :whistling:

Interesting when there is nothing backing your statement up.
Look at any description of Mercury in 6th..

Heck here is a video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjg90DHt9DI

http://www.astrologykrs.com/mercuryinhouses.html

I'm not a proclaimed astrologer, i just study others, i have plenty of aspects to my Mercury which make it harder for me, but the Mercury placement it's self is a great placement.

Mercury in Pisces is Mercury in debilitation.

[Deleted attacking remarks. - Moderator]

Interesting when there is nothing backing your statement up.
Look at any description of Mercury in 6th..

Heck here is a video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjg90DHt9DI

http://www.astrologykrs.com/mercuryinhouses.html

I'm not a proclaimed astrologer, i just study others, i have plenty of aspects to my Mercury which make it harder for me, but the Mercury placement it's self is a great placement.

Mercury in Pisces is Mercury in debilitation.

Which of my statements require proof? That Virgo is not related to the 6th house? Relating signs to houses is a highly popularized "invention" of modern astrologers which is downright wrong, in my very humble opinion.

Erm, KRS is a Vedic astrologer. I didn't know you were a Vedic astrologer? :unsure: Sorry if I got that point wrong. I can't comment on the methods of Jyotish and can't say if it's a popular belief among Vedic astrologers that Mercury is strong in the 6th house, but I'm pretty sure that in general the 6th house is considered malefic in Jyotish, just like in traditional astrology. Nothing nice about illnesses, is it? But anyway, quoting your second link, the conclusion is the following:

In conclusion, Mercury’s ability to communicate, and give Intelligence can be seen from 1st, 5th and 10th house.

Where is the 6th house mentioned here? Maybe I know my numbers wrong, but I ain't seeing it. :andy:

Well, I'm also no professional and am studying as well, but there are some things which are useful to know for any student. And one of those things is that the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are malefic... See http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h6.html I haven't seen your chart, maybe you have some other nice things going on with your Mercury so I can't comment. If your Mercury isn't peregrine and is doing OK accidentally, then the 6th house problem is alleviated for you. But it's still fair to admit that the 6th house is really not strong for Mercury. And any other planet as well.

Yes, Mercury in Pisces is in detriment and fall, so not a nice position. Are you talking about the original poster? Her Mercury is pretty prominent in her chart though and is not in a bad house, so even being terribly debilitated essentially and retrograde, it still has some good points.

[Deleted comments that attacked in response to attack. - Moderator]

thelivingsky

Wot?

The sixth house is not "malefic" or bad. It is poorly understood however. It may have to do with disease but also with the daily regimens that contribute to health. But then H8 has to do with taxes and death, and H12 with open enemies, and H5 with gambling and H12 with prisons, and H9 with institutionalized religions (which some feel is a bad thing), and H10 has to do with the government and our bosses. The houses are different fields of human experience, and all are necessary parts of the whole of human experience and human evolution and all have their negative manifestations and positive ones. I know alcoholics who drank themselves to death (alcoholism is a disease) that have no H6 planets.

I would strongly suggest you get a hold of Dane Rhudyar's book The Astrological Houses and see if that doesn't change your perspective.