Looking at Progressions

starlink

Has anyone really taken the time to read all this!!!

Yes dear, I did!! I liked it all very much, (well done Bob) it will help beginners greatly I believe.
Starlink

Annette1029

Thanks Claire n Caprising!
When i find my first job away from home,on the day i left,pro.mercury(6th house ruler) sextile MC 0*04,and pro.mars conjucnt MC0*06,pro.pluto conjunct sun0*02,pro.sun conjunct to saturn 0*04.If i checked the chart before i got the job back then,i might notice there would be a big change.Recently i have the impulse to do it again....so i am trying to find a pattern works for me...but i don't see any strong indication in recent progression chart,does it mean it's not the right time yet?Here r my pro.aspects right now.
pro aspects
uranus sextile mars 0*08
pro.saturn sextile mars0*04a
Since mars is my natal IC ruler,is it why i have such urge to move n find a new home to settle down?

mercury21*39S Contra Parallel pr.5th house cusp 21*31N don't understand what does this indicate?
pof 23*22N Parallel pr.6th house cusp 23*26N I can earn from work?
AC 23*26S Contra Parallel pr.6th house cusp 23*26N
IC 5*49N Contra Parallel pr.mars 5*44S again mars,i really need a move...
6th 21*31N Parallel pr.5th house 21*31N find a job i enjoy?

Last edited:

Claire19

Several many years ago, around the time i was 25, - an astrologer gave me a teaser on my progressed venus, which had moved from pisces into aries around the time i was 10 years old. He told me, "around the time you turn 50, your progressed venus will move into taurus and you will likely find yourself more comfortable and complacent in middle age," (or something to that effect...).

well, i'm 50 now, and in recent review of my progressed venus - at 29' of aries - i note that my prog. venus stations at 29 aries when i turn 53 then retro's for the rest of my life....Should I live to 90, I will have lived 80 years with progressed venus in aries. as if 40 years hasn't been enough?

:surprised:
Again that progressed Venus has to hit natal planets to have any effect and particularly if those planets are in aspect natally. He was making a general statement and not a really proficient astrologer I would suggest. He woul have to have made a progressed chart for when you were to turn 50 and look at those influences, did he do that???

art

Hi,

I've read your information,

really interesting, thank you

I need to ask anyway

I understand 1 day = 1 year

and 24 hours = 12 months

and 2 hours = 1 month, more or less

so the ascendant is in different signs each 2 hours more or less

I understand the progressed ascendant is in a different sign each month

Am I wrong?

Thank you

Claire19

Quote Claire 19.
"Has anyone really taken the time to read all this!!!"

I have Claire,a very good explaination.Thumbs up.deserves star rating.

I have read Allende's,Portrait in Sepia,Daughter of Fortune and Paula.Thank you for the recommendations Claire 19.

J. :)
Okay good for you. :smile:

Claire19

Bob ... that's a really excellent discussion and post on progressions.

There's one bit I get stuck on understanding ... your second table where you discuss your progression aspects from age 19 - 29. Are these aspects what the progressions are doing against your natal chart (i.e. your natal chart has 9th house cusp at 25Can14) or is it he aspects that are set up within the progressed chart (i.e. your progressed chart has 9th house cusp at 25Can14)?

What's the best way of finding out all these aspects? Is there a good online program? Did you manually look at every planet for every day against every other planet?

I definitely want to do this because my chart is becoming ever more Libran. My sun progressed there five years back, in 2017 even my Pluto progresses into it; to give me Sun/mercury/venus/uranus/pluto in there; at the same time that my Ascendent moves into Cancer (squaring progressing pluto - hmmm) and my progressed midheaven will oppose my natal Leo planets.
Remember progressions have to have a natal echo to be valid.
so many of the listed ones would not be valid if they have no connection natally. Also remember that a progressed chart is not separate from the natal, it is always on the outside wheel. They are not be separated and seen as their own entity. They have to hook into the natal chart to be triggered off. This is the nature of prediction and plays out the birth chart potential.

enigmas

Is it important if progressed mon cnjunct progressed sun? or it is only importatnt when progressed planet conjunct natal planet?

Thanks,

starlink

Enigmas, it would also be good to have a look at your natal chart's aspect between Sun and Moon. Maybe natally there was an opposition (or another aspect between them). When now, by progression, these two are conjunct, then the adjustments (quincunx), unbalance(opposition) or difficulties (squares) a.o. which very often pop up in relationships, could now,by progression have found a way to work together, be it with the Sun energy being stronger expressed or the Moon energy being stronger like Caprising mentioned.

GEMINI78

I use Solar Arcs for Progression the timing with Arcs+transits are more accurate.
Upcoming Progression

SP Moon crossing the Nadir
Transiting Saturn square Moon
SP Moon square Saturn
Tr Saturn opp MC
SA Venus conj Asc
Tr Saturn crossing Descendant
SA Sun conj Venus
SA Venus=Mars

The short and long of what all this says together is a new beginning through love relationship and probable pregnancy. If you are about and about making yourself available for things to happen, the chances are that there will be a substantial relationship opportunity that changes your life. If you are able to get pregnant, that is built into the equation too.

Last edited:

Abby83

When I go to the Astrodienst website, there is an option for progressed chart and for natal and progressed chart. Which one should I be looking at. They are both different. One of them obviously shows aspects to the natal chart, the other shows aspects to the progressed planets. Which one is more accurate or the one I should use?

JUPITERASC

When I go to the Astrodienst website, there is an option for progressed chart and for natal and progressed chart. Which one should I be looking at. They are both different. One of them obviously shows aspects to the natal chart, the other shows aspects to the progressed planets. Which one is more accurate or the one I should use?
You can use both and their accuracy is dependent on the accuracy of official time of birth :smile:
A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions.

The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits. Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically. That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can, for example a Planet progressing into the 6th House or the 6th House Ruler progressing into the 8th or 12th House or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life. Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special. When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving. Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about. Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court? Does the government seize your Estate? Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry? Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse (or protect your spouse). Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book? No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what? It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions (sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer. Did I become a Cancer? No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer. I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional, plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious, but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius, but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward, to the point of being very blunt, and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum. In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses or going Direct or Retrograde are very important to note. For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized. The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth (which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.

Abby83

Yes I understand this. But if I just look at progressed chart, for example there may be many planets in 10th house because it looks at positions of progressed planets to each other and the ascendant moves also. So it might say venus mars, pluto and Saturn are all in 10th house.

If I look at progressed planets to natal, the above mentioned planets would all be in 12th house. See the difference in how that would be analysed?

JUPITERASC

Yes I understand this. But if I just look at progressed chart,
for example there may be many planets in 10th house
because it looks at positions of progressed planets to each other
and the ascendant moves also. So it might say venus mars, pluto and Saturn are all in 10th house.

If I look at progressed planets to natal, the above mentioned planets would all be in 12th house.
See the difference in how that would be analysed?
an example of progression analysis :smile:

.....All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).....

....After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them.
As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see.
Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.
10th house meanings http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h10.html

12th house meanings http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

Dubyadude1986

When my Ascendant progressed into Taurus, I became much more aggressive. I don't like it and I'm still learning to deal with it, but now I can see another element of what happened. I did much better when it was progressed in Pisces and Aries.

My progressed NN sits right on it... :??:

Thanks for this thread.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

When my Ascendant progressed into Taurus, I became much more aggressive.
I don't like it and I'm still learning to deal with it, but now I can see another element of what happened.
I did much better when it was progressed in Pisces and Aries.

My progressed NN sits right on it... :??:

Thanks for this thread.
What was happening with Venus ruler of Taurus? :smile:
and
the Moon
exalted ruler of Taurus?

socrates

Bob I bagan to teach english when Mercury entered MC and Júpiter by secondary progression.Mercury had been R since age 18 and rules my ASC

Attachments

• paulo9.jpg
    paulo9.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 69

Ajax

Hi All~

Personally, I've felt the biggest changes with my progressed moon- From cap to Aquarius was awesome! I'm a natal gemini moon, so it jibed well with my natural personality. Aquarius to Pisces was a shock..emotional at the drop of a hat. Did a lot of drawing and internal work, however. Now it's at 0 Degrees of Aries- another Shock! wow- the difference! My sun is also at 29 Libra about to progress into Scorpio; so, two major influences at critical degrees. I'm a natal virgo sun /gemini moon and the is a much heavier and more hard hitting combination. I feel a little fearless;) but also as though I'm on the edge of the old and about to jump head first into brand new territory. Does anyone have experience with both progressed sun and Moon at critical degrees?

Abby83

Hi All~

Personally, I've felt the biggest changes with my progressed moon- From cap to Aquarius was awesome! I'm a natal gemini moon, so it jibed well with my natural personality. Aquarius to Pisces was a shock..emotional at the drop of a hat. Did a lot of drawing and internal work, however. Now it's at 0 Degrees of Aries- another Shock! wow- the difference! My sun is also at 29 Libra about to progress into Scorpio; so, two major influences at critical degrees. I'm a natal virgo sun /gemini moon and the is a much heavier and more hard hitting combination. I feel a little fearless;) but also as though I'm on the edge of the old and about to jump head first into brand new territory. Does anyone have experience with both progressed sun and Moon at critical degrees?

Of course you'd feel happy with moon entering Aquarius. It's not happy in Capricorn. I agree that when the progressed moon entered Pisces things got all emotional but I did lots of art work too. My sun leaving libra and into Scorpio back in the early noughties was a huge shift. Lots of male relationships came along and one in particular triggered strong sexual desires in me but I found it more of an irritation. I can't wait for my sun to enter sag. That will be awesome for my libra sag stelliums.