Does anyone really read these?

jane254

I'm excited to find this site! It's going to be so nice to talk to people who know the difference between a quincux from a qumquat....I'm Aquarius, forgive me.

When I was 21 years old I met a liscensed astrologer at a party.
He was black haired, black eyed, Cuban, with a black goatee, who leaned against the wall staring at me from across the room, stroking his goatee, muttering mysterious comments under his breath everytime I said anything... like "Hmmm, 'I know'...Aquarius.'" and " 'Let's do it NOW'..Aries". I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about, and so, except for the looks I shot at him, largely ignored him. As for the rest of the story, all I'll say is, "He started it."

A few months later I "house sat" for him while he went to Miami to test for his architectural liscense. Before he left, he took my hand and started leading me upstairs...I thought "Uh oh". In the hallway, he pulled down the attic stairs and told me he wanted to show me something. I followed him up into the attic, and there--wall-to-wall were hundreds of astrology books. He grinned at my inner bookworm/child and said, "Knock yourself out."

That was 40 years ago.

After all this time, sadly to say, I still don't know everything about it. I can't calculate a chart because logrithms make me blind-- but I don't come at it from that direction, anyway. I approach it from the psychological/philosophical/Universal Law angle--(degreed in Psychology and Comparative Religions), and a computer printout serves my purpose just fine.

So, that's me. Hello

Last edited:

NancyS

Wonderful introduction and story. Like you, I am also more interested in the philosophical angle of astrology rather than the predictive. Welcome aboard :)

libraqua

Well, it seems that at least some do read these, doesn't it?

Welcome aboard Jane254!!!
My detrimented but adored Sun in Aquarius warmly says "Hello" and looks forward to your comments and ideas!!!

p.s. I loved every word of your story! :smile:

Seasoul

I admit it. I poked my head in here because I wanted to know what it was you wondered if anyone read.
Yep - I'm an aquarius too :)

I enjoyed your introduction, that was quite the gift you were given, it sounds like the dude saw potential in you. I look forward to your posts.

Welcome.

LTunkel

Wow, 40 years of experience is really worthy of respect! I'm new here, thanks for making such a nice first impression on me with your post! Peace!