Dose your rising sign depends in location.

JUPITERASC

Hello guys,
I have question

does your sun sign (ascendant) changing if you born in another location?
Correct :smile:
easily check by creating natal chart with exact same time and date of birth
but wlith different locations
notice how ascendant changes dependent on location

Osamenor

Staff member
Depends on which other location and whether the ascendant you have is early, late, or in the middle of its sign. You have to travel a good distance to drastically change it.

If you're talking about a neighboring town 20 miles away, there won't be any change. If you're talking about a few hundred miles, there might be, but it depends. If those miles are mainly north or south of the location you're starting with, the ascendant will only change by a degree or two, which won't change its sign placement unless it was right on the cusp and the shift is in the right direction to move into the other sign. A few hundred miles east or west will shift the ascendant much more. If you're talking about clear around the world, the ascendant will definitely change.

I'm talking about relocated charts here, where the birth time stays the same in Universal Time, which makes the moment of birth the same even if the time zone is different and the clock says something different. If you keep the clock time the same, the actual moment of birth changes if the time zone changes. For example, if the native was really born at 3:00 pm in California, relocating the birth to New York at 3:00 pm makes the birth take place three hours earlier, although in that case the ascendant wouldn't be far from the original. Keeping the birth time the same in Universal Time would change their birth time to 6:00 pm in New York, and the ascendant would definitely be in a different sign.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

to be clear then

obviously because daily more than three hundred thousand births worldwide occur :smile:
then it is entirely feasible that other people share
your identical day,year, month as well as time of birth data
BUT
if for example
four of those other people
were born in for example, Australia, Russia, France and South America
then
creating an identical day, year, month as well as time of birth natal chart
for those four locations
i.e.
Australis, Russia, France and South America
is a way for you to graphically view for yourself