View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2019, 07:52 AM

Re: Questions about the natal moon and mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline View Post
The thread also is talking about Mercury....Yony you have Mercury Combust:

QUOTE:
"Any planet which is in the same sign as the Sun, becomes “agitated”. Mercury is one’s ability to articulate verbally, communicate and make requests - but when with the Sun, there was some powerful authority figure in life, who disrespected the native's requests and usually interrupted or disregarded the native while talking....The Mercury Sun person more often would grow up with some confidence issues regarding expressing opinions and communicating....

The Mercury/Sun person can become very defensive when someone does not agree with his point of view or what he is saying and this will create frustrations in all most relationships....It is such a common combination and therefore human communications are often strained and a source of tension.

The Mercury/Sun person might also be someone who is not good at listening to what others have to say - subconsciously copying patterns that he has witnessed done to him when young- or he can be someone talking too much, and not very aware of the normal rules of communications."
Given Yony's response to my posts, I'm inclined to agree with you!

In modern natal astrology combustion is not such an issue, the way it is in traditional western and in horary astrology. Rather, because the sun gives one's identity or sense of self, I would say that the Mercury conjunct sun person identifies (sun) with his intelligence (Mercury.)

Of course, this can be for better or worse.

Yony, I understood perfectly what you said. It was pretty simple. I just truly disagree with it. I think you're badly mistaken, both about astrology and human nature.

You seem to be very uncomfortable with the realm of human emotions. I read what you wrote but still wonder why. Is your moon afflicted? My daughter has a Pisces moon and she is extremely creative and perceptive.

My son's moon is in Scorpio. He played football and rugby in highschool and A-level rugby at his university; when he also worked as a night club bouncer. This is Mars-Pluto for you, not some kind of watery crybaby.

Your disowning your moon will affect your ability to read "watery" charts for people who don't happen to share your horror of our feeling natures.

The threat of being called a "crybaby" really offends you in some profound way. You've mentioned it a lot. The idea of the Mother as a wise and caring authority figure doesn't sit well with you. The idea of Cancer as a nurturing presence doesn't appeal to you. I wonder why.

Did you grow up in a highly patriarchal society or family? It sure looks like it. No need to perpetrate this type of gender-bias in your astrological awareness, however.

You don't mention that water also is the element of spirituality. (Possibly in relation to Jupiter's traditional rulership of Pisces.)

The moon traditionally rules liquids but your "energy drink" analogy has nothing to do with the essential meaning of water in the horoscope.

You might think about ways to productively express your feeling nature-- such as through the arts. People with the moon in Pisces are often good dancers, even with no formal lessons. Pisces rules the feet, and they can just feel the music.

I'd be curious to learn what you think about Stephen Arroyo's book on Astrology, Psychology, and the Four elements. He basically brought the ancient Aristotelian elements to modern psychological astrology in the 1970s. Or what about Dorian Greenbaum's book, Temperament: Astrology's Forgotten Key, which is a traditional astrologers' look at the 4 elements?

Being belligerent doesn't substantiate your points.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 05-18-2019 at 08:01 AM.