View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2019, 05:09 AM

Re: Questions about the natal moon and mercury

I'm not sure what you mean by "natural strength."

The moon gives your emotional nature, but it also symbolizes your home and experience of your mother.

Mercury gives thinking and communicating.

A sign shows how or in what manner a planet operates. Here it is helpful to look at the modalities (cardinal, fixed, mutable) and element (earth, air, fire, or water.) Mercury in Taurus, the fixed earth sign, would probably take a deliberate and practical approach to thinking through problems, for example.

A house shows where or in what type of activity the planet focuses.

A planet in the sign it rules (domicile) is usually extra strong. So one's emotional nature (moon) would be strong when in its own sign of Cancer.

In modern astrology we tend to look at aspects. A well-aspected planet functions more efficiently and easily than one involved in squares and oppositions, for example. In traditional western astrology you'd look more at essential dignities (like terms, exaltation or fall, &c)

Consider that someone might be born with a chart showing a lot of intellectual promise, and then have a serious head injury as a young child. You might have two "time twins" raised in very different circumstances that affect the child's emotional and mental development.

A birth chart is not a biography, but an indicator of potential.

So far there's not much of a marriage between genetics and neuroscience with astrology.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
aldebaran (05-14-2019), Flapjacks (05-17-2019), tenacapcious (05-17-2019)