View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM

Re: Extremely Introverted Sagittarius asking for chart reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Uranian View Post
I don't think cold planets were on angles. There is a lot of "the only problem is that this doesn't appear to actually work," in my studying of astrology right now.
Maybe you're going through a brain-storming phase right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Uranian View Post
My other, more recent theory, which doesn't immediately "not work," is to look at whether more important planets are above or below the horizon. I know the OP's chart expired, so let's take mine since I have it memorized: The Sun and Moon are below the horizon, and so are Jupiter and Saturn, which are final dispositors (sidereal,) and Jupiter is my 1st house ruler as well. In this theory, hot and cold are irrelevant. Also, I think the amount of elevation of planets might have to do with it, but I'd have to do more examination. Actually, I'm going to go make a thread.
I recently read an interesting book about the quadrants of the chart called When Chimpanzees Dream Astrolology, by Alexander Graf von Schlieffen. It's a seminar transcript and he's a bit wacky, but its very thought-provoking and he spends quite a lot of time considering different Sun Moon combinations by quadrant, eg Sun in the 1st quadrant and Moon in the 3rd quadrant.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118