Would you pay $4000 to get tested for the Coronavirus?

Bunraku

If you can get a day off work, that is. Which you can't, because you wont get paid time off, and rent is due soon. So you have to keep working and greet other people even though you're sick

Americans, explain.

CapAquaPis

It needs to be free but also mandatory to ensure we're all safe and healthy to get through this big (and growing) pandemic at this time. Anyone tested positive would have to be quarantined for 14 days, but most of us don't want to go through that. America is said to be worse off than China, south Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy...we don't really care about our own health and survival, covid19 should taught the whole world a huge lesson on human health and survival.

Hkk

Account Closed
It needs to be free but also mandatory to ensure we're all safe and healthy to get through this big (and growing) pandemic at this time. Anyone tested positive would have to be quarantined for 14 days, but most of us don't want to go through that. America is said to be worse off than China, south Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy...we don't really care about our own health and survival, covid19 should taught the whole world a huge lesson on human health and survival.

A lesson but will it? The lesson is stop being greedy! To the corporate world businesses etc. Greed. Shutting things for a month would’ve stopped it all spreading. Who gives a **** about economy.
I thought health comes first? U.K. is the worst. At least trump has stopped countries from coming in. U.K. are fingering themselves

Dirius

A lesson but will it? The lesson is stop being greedy! To the corporate world businesses etc. Greed. Shutting things for a month would’ve stopped it all spreading. Who gives a **** about economy.
I thought health comes first? U.K. is the worst. At least trump has stopped countries from coming in. U.K. are fingering themselves

Greed? excuse me what do you think the "economy" is?

Yeah lets put a stop at those factories producing food, medical supplies, electricity, water. I'm pretty sure we can survive without food and clean water.

Hkk

Account Closed
Greed? excuse me what do you think the "economy" is?

Yeah lets put a stop at those factories producing food, medical supplies, electricity, water. I'm pretty sure we can survive without food and clean water.

Well we won’t need them if they don’t control things!
I’m not the government. I’m not in control but they can stop certain things like schools from opening. There are other ways of getting food. Deliveries etc. I’m not saying stop medical and clean water lol 😂
Some businesses can work from home. 2 weeks or 4 weeks won’t kill anyone

There are ways and government have ways and power to get things done. Italy have finally been able to stop ✋ but no one is starving and no one has stopped medical and clean water! This is not the 16th century!

Look at the poor families in Italy l who have lost loved ones. I feel for them. If it could have been controlled maybe their loved ones should not have died.

Hkk

Account Closed
I stand by what I say. A lesson is here. There is greed in the world. Economy or no economy! People use economy to get greedy.
My answer to the thread:
I wouldn’t do it for any amount of money but there are martyrs out there that would to save us so god bless them

Dirius

Well we won’t need them if they don’t control things!
I’m not the government. I’m not in control but they can stop certain things like schools from opening. There are other ways of getting food. Deliveries etc. I’m not saying stop medical and clean water lol 😂
Some businesses can work from home. 2 weeks or 4 weeks won’t kill anyone

There are ways and government have ways and power to get things done. Italy have finally been able to stop ✋ but no one is starving and no one has stopped medical and clean water! This is not the 16th century!

Look at the poor families in Italy l who have lost loved ones. I feel for them. If it could have been controlled maybe their loved ones should not have died.

The food which is delivered to you still needs to be harvested, produced, transported, assembled, inspected, cooked and delivered to your home by humans, a process which requires at least 500 people going to work so you and others can get a pizza from the safety of your home. And the electricity, gasoline, machinary to allow those people to produce your food, also has to be mantained, transported and manufactured.

Suggesting to close down the economy is ludicrous. Sure we would survive for how long, a month? two months? What do we do after that if the virus is still spreading?

Real problems require real solutions, not childish dreams of "the cause is greed!"

Hkk

Account Closed
The food which is delivered to you still needs to be harvested, produced, transported, assembled, inspected, cooked and delivered to your home by humans, a process which requires at least 500 people going to work so you and others can get a pizza from the safety of your home. And the electricity, gasoline, machinary to allow those people to produce your food, also has to be mantained, transported and manufactured.

Suggesting to close down the economy is ludicrous. Sure we would survive forhow long, a month? two months? What do we do after that if the virus is still spreading?

Real problems require real solutions, not childish dreams of "the cause is greed!"

No need for rudeness.
Who said anything about shutting down the economy 🙄
Other countries have closed offices and schools
I feel you need to read what I’ve put rather than go on a tangent and then lecture me with rudeness. There’s no need. We are all feeling it and worried about this issue and we all have a opinion and putting me down with your comments and replying with assumptions is hurtful but you will have personal reasons so crack on but remember this ...... you need to answer the thread question not go at me!

Dirius

No need for rudeness.
Who said anything about shutting down the economy ��

You did when you said:

I stand by what I say. A lesson is here. There is greed in the world. Economy or no economy! People use economy to get greedy.
I just responded to your suggestion, by explaining that it would be a bad idea. If you find that to be rude, I really don't care.

Hkk

Account Closed
You did when you said:

I just responded to your suggestion, by explaining that it would be a bad idea. If you find that to be rude, I really don't care.

My suggestion ‘shutting things’ was not ‘economy’’ you assumed
Rude people don’t care 🤷🏻*♀️

Dirius

My suggestion ‘shutting things’ was not ‘economy’’ you assumed
Rude people don’t care ����*♀️

Clearly when you equated "greed" with "shutting things down" and "not caring about the economy", is the implication we just stop production and activity on a major scale as an attempt to contain the virus. I merely explained why that would be stupid.

Hkk

Account Closed
Clearly when you equated "greed" with "shutting things down" and "not caring about the economy", is the implication we just stop production and activity on a major scale as an attempt to contain the virus. I merely explained why that would be stupid.

Assumptions. You don’t have to keep proving yourself to me for someone who doesn’t care.

Dirius

Assumptions. You don’t have to keep proving yourself to me for someone who doesn’t care.

I care about the pandemic and the discussion on this topic, what I don't care is if you find my replies rude or offensive. Just like the virus, bad ideas such as shutting down the economy shouln't spread either.

Hkk

Account Closed
I care about the pandemic and the discussion on this topic, what I don't care is if you find my replies rude or offensive. Just like the virus, bad ideas such as shutting down the economy shouln't spread either.

Delusional and assuming. You don’t care. You’re just interested in not giving up on your silly assumptions. Childish.

Dirius

Delusional and assuming. You don’t care. You’re just interested in not giving up on your silly assumptions. Childish.

And you are strawmanning to divert attention from the bad point you made a couple of posts ago.

The coronavirus spreading has little to do with greed, and you are wrong about shutting down the economy, which would be hurtful rather than helpful. Viruses spread, and nothing can be done about it.The only thing we can do is endure, take precautions to prevent infection, and develop a cure as soon as possible.And for that to occur we need economic activity to function as best as possible.

Hkk

Account Closed
‘‘A lesson but will it? The lesson is stop being greedy! To the corporate world businesses etc. Greed. Shutting things for a month would’ve stopped it all spreading. Who gives a **** about economy.’

Looks like most countries have had a lock down!

Economy or health 🤔
Looks like health comes first and economy will have to be controlled differently without the greed.

Opal

Premium Member
No I would not pay to be checked. If I get the flu, I will do what I always do when I get the flu. Stay home, drink lots of fluids, sleep. Pay $4,000. That's funny, I don't have the money!:biggrin:

CapAquaPis

America started to test a quarter out of a predicted one million people to be tested this month. They are very limited and reserved only to those reported flu like symptoms in the mildest form, public service and health care workers, the elderly (over 60), esp. immune compromised and unhealthy people, and maybe pregnant women will be given top priority...not everyone can get easily tested at the current time. What about people who work in essential business like grocery stores interact with the public, like me, constantly washing or sanitizing hands and tries in social distancing in crowded environments?

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
No I would not pay to be checked. If I get the flu, I will do what I always do when I get the flu. Stay home, drink lots of fluids, sleep. Pay $4,000. That's funny, I don't have the money!:biggrin:

Lol you know, I read this all wrong until you commented. I thought it meant would you get paid 4K to be tested.

This is what I’ve heard. That government are paying ppl to get the virus to then be tested to find the cure .....

Opal

Premium Member
Lol you know, I read this all wrong until you commented. I thought it meant would you get paid 4K to be tested.

This is what I’ve heard. That government are paying ppl to get the virus to then be tested to find the cure .....

I haven't heard that. I have been looking at statistics.

deaths from influenza and pneumonia

In the US 50,000-80,000 a year
In Canada 6,500 - 8,500 a year

Over-and-underrepresentation-of-deaths-in-media-711x550.png

https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-death