Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

I read that the word "prat" means *** in England. Which explains the meaning of the term "pratfall". :lol:

I didn’t know prat meant a*ss! I just knew it was an insult, usually if someone has done something stupid.

On a heavier note, I'm pretty much convinced that the definition of "death" itself will change in the context of the approaching Age of Aquarius. Currently, death makes EVERYONE a "loser". And, continuing to fight on knowing you're going to lose those you care about, and, your own life in the end, is an act of courage. I think Chiron tells us about the nature of heroism in the face of injury and loss.

Chiron is a great asteroid. The mythology/archetype is very heart-warmig. I like how you linked it to being courageous.

Gemini888

In Placidus, the M.C. and I.C. always mark the beginnings of the 10th and 4th Houses, just as the Asc. And Desc. mark the beginnings of the 1st and 7th. But, in Whole-sign, that's not the case. It's one or the other--Placidus or Whole-sign. Not both at once. Didn't mean to confuse you.
So how about a lot of planets on IC and none on MC? A private life everyone knows?

Gemini888

I'm becoming a private astrological counsellor for a friend. She ask questions that I could think of Tarot for. But I'm always in a position to provide the answer fast, so I have to turn to Horary. I'm not really familiar with Horary but I have done some mundane astrology so I'm using that knowledge on it. I use a mixture of trad and modern rules for my Horary reading. No out-of-sign and minor aspect, but outer planets are allowed.

So now I'm in debate with myself whether Horary or Tarot is better. Horary can provide fast answers but Tarot allows more intuition. Other than that, they're pretty much the same :sideways:

ynnest

So how about a lot of planets on IC and none on MC? A private life everyone knows?

It should mean that a big part of your life is in the private realms that nobody knows about if you buy into the premise that the fourth house is a private house nobody knows anything about.

Y

ynnest

It should mean that a big part of your life is in the private realms that nobody knows about if you buy into the premise that the fourth house is a private house nobody knows anything about.

Y

Granted that the planets are in the fourth house and not conjunct ic from the third house, even though one could say that they also form an opposition to the public mc which should make it more in public light and so on.

Y

Chrysalis

So now I'm in debate with myself whether Horary or Tarot is better. Horary can provide fast answers but Tarot allows more intuition. Other than that, they're pretty much the same :sideways:

Why don't you combine both.

Thats my gemini moon for you lol...always wants to do more than one thing at once.

Seriously though, combining both, would give a different perspective.

Lykanized

In 12/12, Sun in Aries is Sense of Purpose. Mars is Exalted in Scorpio, and therefore would take over H8 for its own abrasive purposes.
I could certainly feel that :pouty:
I've said before I should pay more attention to transits, but I don't think I want to. I prefer to let things unfold naturally and to look in retrospect what was going on. This harsh period of feeling like... I had regressed in my growth certainly aligned. of course what follows is a period of even greater growth, that on brand 8th house transformation, tho occurring in a way that feels like I'm at war with myself and something bestial arises

Gemini888

Why don't you combine both.

Thats my gemini moon for you lol...always wants to do more than one thing at once.

Seriously though, combining both, would give a different perspective.
Thanks Chry :) I'll take your advice. Btw do you do horary too? If so can you share some technique here? Like is it true that when the Asc is too late the question will have to wait? And you can only ask once for a day? Recently I was in a position to do two horary questions that were only less than 30 minutes apart. Fortunately the planets kind of moved to another house when the second question was asked so I could still extract some information.

Chrysalis

Thanks Chry :) I'll take your advice. Btw do you do horary too? If so can you share some technique here? Like is it true that when the Asc is too late the question will have to wait? And you can only ask once for a day? Recently I was in a position to do two horary questions that were only less than 30 minutes apart. Fortunately the planets kind of moved to another house when the second question was asked so I could still extract some information.

Yes with regards to astrology, i started off with horary...i like to do things back to front lol.

If the Asc is late, i personally still read the chart. But it usually means the answer to the question is already known and there is nothing you can do. The charts still readable though.

Ive done horary readings for people before, and have answered different questions within 30min time frames. If the Asc is the same, your still going to get different answers as the questions are different, so your looking at different significators. Or the Asc will have changed sign.

Im now slowly but surely studying natal....as i REALLY want to get into synastry more...oh the joys of being me :lol:

david starling

There was an exact Moon/Jupiter conjunction about an hour ago, in tropical Sagittarius. I started feeling cheerful for no apparent reason, considering it's the same snafu as usual.
Where I'm located, the Asc went into Sagittarius at the same time.

Last edited: