View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Re: Facial features and doubt about my ascendant... help

I am glad you think I've been helpful.

An Australian astrologer www.aliceportman.com suggested that different people respond better or worse to different house systems. I suspect this is true for the sidereal vs. tropical zodiacs, also. In the typical form of western tropical astrology my chart is mostly in air and fire signs, which I think is correct. In sidereal astrology, my planets move into mostly earth and water signs. It makes a big difference!

The most common form of sidereal astrology is Hindu (Vedic) and they also have somewhat different readings of the signs than westerners do.

Either way, I think the aspects between planets in a chart are the most important things to interpret, and these will not change between the sidereal and tropical zodiacs.

I would suggest you spend some time with your chart, ask for a Vedic reading, and then see which zodiac and house system suits you best.

In terms of the sun, just ask yourself, How do I feel most like myself? The sun is your core sense of identity. The sign shows how, or in what manner, the sun operates.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.