Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

david starling

Source? Sounds made up.

''from Greek hōra a word used to indicate any limited time within a year, month, or day, from PIE *yor-a-, from root *yer- "year, season"'' - https://www.etymonline.com/word/hour

The ancients would also divide the day or night into watches, which are of different length from hours, which became popular during the Roman Empire. The NT uses both.

The word Horoscope definitely comes from Greek (Horoskopos) and means Hour-Marker. This is the word for the Ascendant and is not used for a chart in Hellenistic astrology.

You're unaware of "the Eye of Horus"?

petosiris

Banned
According to your research, when was the Ascendant first used in an astrology Chart?

The rising constellation or decan was probably used before the rising degree by some Babylonian (like Berossus) after God's Messiah Cyrus made their empire desolate forever, or by some Egyptian after the time of Necho (who killed Josiah in 480 BC) or during the Ptolemaic Kingdom. Hypsicles wrote a treatise ''Ascension'' which made it easy to calculate the ascendant with rising times, but the Babylonians could do that centuries before him. The astrologers ascribed such a table of rising times to Nechepso, that is Necho. By the time of Cicero, it was widespread in the Roman Empire. Of course morning risings and astrological phenomena pertaining to the east were noted for a millenium before.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
How long has the cross been a symbol? The ac/dc mc/ic :smile:

There were circular charts in Hellenistic astrology, but square charts that used only twelve signs were more common (most surviving horoscopes from that time only give the signs of the planets and ascendant without degrees). Like this one.

7fhbhQV.jpg

Opal

Premium Member
There were circular charts in Hellenistic astrology, but square charts that used only twelve signs were more common (most surviving horoscopes from that time only give the signs of the planets and ascendant without degrees). Like this one.

7fhbhQV.jpg

I am aware of the rectangular charts.

The cross is also supposed to be a representation of the four evangelists. Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. The four horsemen.

The simplistic cross ancient.

Thinking outside of the box.

Circle and cross.

david starling

The cross is also supposed to be a representation of the four evangelists. Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. The four horsemen.

Circle and cross.

I'm still not down with the 4 Horsemen regarding the Fixed-signs. The tropical Age of Sagittarius, a Mutable-sign, and the true Sign of the Horseman, is when the Book of Revelations was conceived.

petosiris

Banned

Circle and cross.

Supposed where?

Four evangelists quite different from four horsemen.

Sola Scriptura.

The crucifixion cross def. =/= x

Opal

Premium Member
I'm still not down with the 4 Horsemen regarding the Fixed-signs. The tropical Age of Sagittarius, a Mutable-sign, and the true Sign of the Horseman, is when the Book of Revelations was conceived.

I will try to find what convinced me again. I lost it. Not sure what I was reading. Sometimes I can’t locate the book. Argh.

petosiris

Banned
I am seeing 0 evidence that the four living creatures of Ezekiel and Revelation are related to the fixed signs or to the authors of the four gospels, rather than being exalted heavenly beings that worship God.

david starling

Interesting! So, astrology was applied to Christian symbolism.

But, the Four Horsemen are obviously Saturnian in nature, not Jupertarian. So how about the Four Goatmen of the Apocalypse?

Opal

Premium Member
Interesting! So, astrology was applied to Christian symbolism.

But, the Four Horsemen are obviously Saturnian in nature, not Jupertarian. So how about the Four Goatmen of the Apocalypse?

Bingo!

That is the reference I am looking for.:biggrin:

Back to The Ages David.

Opal

Premium Member
Stay tuned for a full rendition of 12/12, in which the Asc and Age-indicator, both functions of the all-important Earth/Sun relationship, become the necessary addition of 2 new Domicle-rulers. Hint: Mercury keeps Gemini and Venus keeps Libra. It's by pattern. :biggrin:

By pattern, I see Taurus keeping Venus. Rule of firsts.

david starling

By pattern, I see Taurus keeping Venus. Rule of firsts.

Not if you're talking about Taurus as the Domicle-sign for Venus. But, there are 4 types of rulership:

•Domicile-ruler, which Is what sets the pattern.
•Devotional-ruler
•Regulating-ruler, and,
•Motivational-ruler

Venus is Domiciled in Libra
Venus is the ruler to which Taurus is most devoted /(with Scorpio most devoted to Mars, and Mars Domiciled in Aries)
Venus is the Regulating-ruler for Capricorn
And, Venus is the Motivational-ruler for Gemini

And, in case you're wondering, Libra is most devoted to Neptune. :innocent: