The desperation to weaken Leo in modern astrology.

david starling

I have a feeling 19Laws is more motivated by a personal hatred for Scorpio, caused by being hurt by a Scorpio. When you are hurt by someone and all you know is some general features of the Sun sign, you start putting everyone with your abuser's sign into the "enemy" category. He has been talking about Leo and Scorpio for quite a while now.

I was just showing 19Laws an example of how ridiculous his generalization is :sideways:

Most of us started with Sun-sign generalizations, then on to Sun/Moon/Asc. Many who don't know a lot about astrology are least cognizant of those 3. If one can't move past Sun-sign only, it's a case of arrested development.

Lykanized

Wait, why are some people getting worked up over this? It's quite obvious some signs are glorified and others are demonized for ridiculous reasons...And yeah, Scorpio is one that gets glorified along with Pluto as a planet

david starling

Wait, why are some people getting worked up over this? It's quite obvious some signs are glorified and others are demonized for ridiculous reasons...And yeah, Scorpio is one that gets glorified along with Pluto as a planet

Any examples of disrespect for the Sign Leo, or its Domicle-ruler, the Sun?

Lykanized

Any examples of disrespect for the Sign Leo, or its Domicle-ruler, the Sun?
https://www.elitedaily.com/p/these-...-most-selfish-so-proceed-with-caution-8694365

This is just one of many examples. The way I see it, it's so widespread that most people don't actually notice it

You may argue this is just 'pop astrology', but pop astrology is pervasive enough that I see people come here with these generalizations preloaded into their system without any impulse to perhaps analyze what they're saying and how it may have been affected by things like this

On another note, this idea of certain signs being glorified or demonized isn't a new one so I'm not sure why on this particular thread some people are denying it

david starling

All 4 of the Fixed-signs are considered weighty. The Mutable-signs are considered as light-weight and flighty, which goes along with the "weak" Cadent-house theory. As for the Cardinals, the stereotypes are: Aries, self-centered and egotistical; Libra, wishy-washy and indecisive; Cancer, overly-emotional crybaby; and Capricorn, greedy and self-serving. Leo comes off looking good, overall.

ardentika

I have a feeling 19Laws is more motivated by a personal hatred for Scorpio, caused by being hurt by a Scorpio. When you are hurt by someone and all you know is some general features of the Sun sign, you start putting everyone with your abuser's sign into the "enemy" category. He has been talking about Leo and Scorpio for quite a while now.

I was just showing 19Laws an example of how ridiculous his generalization is :sideways:

Hahaha I know I just HAD to give my opinion xD

And yes I agree with that, he/she is being also quite defensive. I'm still amused by the fact he/she thinks I'm lying about my sun sign.

Leo has bad rep cos they do have a bad rep, aight. They can be egoic and self-centered ,but guess what. So is any other sign. It's just Leo has that quality in a most prominent way and people get triggered cos they themselves mirrored back and it pisses them off. Every person on the planet is self centered. Altruism is also a higher form of egoism. Ego is what gives an individual their personality and uniqueness for good or bad. I bet when people evolve so will astrology.

Lykanized

On further thought, I believe the sun isn't given as much attention as other planets. So then there's less to use to actually debate any generalizations about Leo. Not that there's absolutely nothing, but there's just less. Even the moon has more descriptive analysis as far as I've seen

Really, it's the planets that are furthest away that tend to get more analysis and the sun is undeniably present. Perhaps it's the mystique of distance

And I'm just talking to myself here on the topic of the OP, not replying to anyone

conspiracy theorist

I've never actually seen the Leo sign disparaged or put down, but then I don't know what goes on with the astrology groups on facebook, twitter, tumblr et al. I've actually seen the opposite where Leo is given glowing reviews, and even when the negative traits are spoken about, there is almost a "oh you rascal!" tone underneath which speaks to it being well-received generally.

Just in general sign talk, I've seen where the sign Sagittarius was glorified in terms of fashion and looks. There was a website I came across along time ago (the now defunct librarising website) that made a study on celebrities, noting that in their opinion Sagittarius risings were the best for looks. As one with the ascendant I really have no attachment to that viewpoint.

Scorpio90

I notice that in a lot of modern astrology blogs, especially writings that end up on popular sites, there is a push to weaken and mock the sign of Leo while simultaneously promoting Scorpio as the strongest sign. Leos are all prone to flattery, playful, and all bluff and showy.

Meanwhile, Scorpios are "powerful", "determined", and their weak side is that they are somehow vengeful meaning they will get back at you for offending them.

Leos on the other hand are forgive and forget, too dumb to tell if you offended them and will only shout like children when offended.

It has made me question the validity of astrology when a group of biased people can so easily fabricate things about signs.

I don't know what a sign you are, but all of us can see your weakness for miles, well ... creating thousands of posts about crying because a scorpion has damaged your pride is like looking for your mother crying because someone offended you.

assume it, it is not a question of signs, it is your mental weakness .. someone strong is not crying in the forums.

david starling

I don't know what a sign you are, but all of us can see your weakness for miles, well ... creating thousands of posts about crying because a scorpion has damaged your pride is like looking for your mother crying because someone offended you.

assume it, it is not a question of signs, it is your mental weakness .. someone strong is not crying in the forums.

Haven't known many Sun Scorps. Would you say they despise weakness?

Scorpio90

Haven't known many Sun Scorps. Would you say they despise weakness?

Hello david

I do not despise the weakness itself, the weakness always disguises itself as an opportunity for growth, but this person who is crying through the astrology forums because he was humiliated by a sign (whatever) is a naive weakness, curiously this person creates thousands of threads judging weak to others, when the weakness of this person is in sight, do not you see?

We are all weak in something, but not in this sense of hypocrisy, this person disguises with threads amounts their intentions, which are the general contempt for a sign

Weakness is an opportunity to develop or a negative loop.

You have the decision to fight and die standing or stand idly by and blame others (this is the worst and this weakness is what I noticed in the thread's creator)

sorry for my bad english.

david starling

Hello david

I do not despise the weakness itself, the weakness always disguises itself as an opportunity for growth, but this person who is crying through the astrology forums because he was humiliated by a sign (whatever) is a naive weakness, curiously this person creates thousands of threads judging weak to others, when the weakness of this person is in sight, do not you see?

We are all weak in something, but not in this sense of hypocrisy, this person disguises with threads amounts their intentions, which are the general contempt for a sign

Weakness is an opportunity to develop or a negative loop.

You have the decision to fight and die standing or stand idly by and blame others (this is the worst and this weakness is what I noticed in the thread's creator)

sorry for my bad english.

Your English is fine.
Sounds like you're saying the OP is complaining about an inner weakness that requires strengthening.
All Charts have their strengths and weaknesses, and there's always someone capable of exploiting the weaknesses of others.

Meluzina

I notice that in a lot of modern astrology blogs, especially writings that end up on popular sites, there is a push to weaken and mock the sign of Leo while simultaneously promoting Scorpio as the strongest sign. Leos are all prone to flattery, playful, and all bluff and showy.

Meanwhile, Scorpios are "powerful", "determined", and their weak side is that they are somehow vengeful meaning they will get back at you for offending them.

Leos on the other hand are forgive and forget, too dumb to tell if you offended them and will only shout like children when offended.

It has made me question the validity of astrology when a group of biased people can so easily fabricate things about signs.

So, how does integrating your scorpio/pluto energy go? :)

ElenaJ

Sorry, The 19thLaw, I still don't understand where these writings are that try to weaken and mock Leo while promoting scorpio. Can we have a link?