The friendship thread

Indeed I Dream

The friendship thread; What does friendship mean to you?

Many people want friends, but not many think about what makes a friend, well, a friend?! Surely there are criteria that show what a friend is:

My opinion is that a friend is a companion who is always constructive. (If that is possible.) ;)

What's your definition?

Also, why do people generally seek friendships? What do they want to gain from them? Warm feelings? Love? Sex? Money? A house? And so on...

You get my idea, it's an important topic that noone seems to talk about in a profound way. (profoundism means intellectualism that leads to constructive truth.)

Hello

thank you for answering me

yours truly

Indeed

AppLeo

Friends are people you are connected to emotionally.

Or

They are people that fulfill your self-interest while you fulfill their self-interest.

UraSatVen1029

Humans are born to connect with others whether its through communication, networking or forming meaningful bonds.

Friends IMO, are the people you really need in life. The ones who also feel like family. The ones who really love and appreciate who you are and the ones who make you a better person.

And vice versa as well. It's hard to find friendships like these. Everyone else is satisfied with the superficiality of some friendships. I, on the other hand, don't last long in those, and it's one of the biggest reasons why I barely have actual friends. :)