Stuck in a Conundrum!

tsmall

Premium Member
See my mystery is this. Why is the 12th House more debilitated than the 6th House in Traditional Astrology? I understand why the 8th, 6th and 12th are debilitated in a sense, but can anyone help me with the above question?

Sniper, with all the twists and turns this thread has taken, I thought this post on another thread might help. It doesn't quite answer the why part, but it does show which houses were considered productive.

Section 36 “Productive Signs” by Porphyry of Tyre

According to Timaeus, there are a total of seven productive places in a nativity, including the four angular houses, the two houses which are trine to the first house and the house rising up after the tenth house. The remaining houses are unproductive. Often, however, if the greater part of the ascending sign happens to have risen up above the horizon, and thus one of the latter degrees of the sign marks the Ascendant degree, then the sign on the second house will share in the productivity of the first house :smile:

SniperBomber328

Sniper, with all the twists and turns this thread has taken, I thought this post on another thread might help. It doesn't quite answer the why part, but it does show which houses were considered productive.

Thanks tsmall. Very useful post; it gives me more insight i.e. my original question and more. I suppose I couldn't help wondering about some things, and as usual, I always have too question those things.

I don't mind the "twists and turns" this thread has taken. I appreciate it actually since it helps me, and other members on this forum, learn the many types of astrological functions out there.