Wealth and money-making potential

star2858

What are the traditional astrological indicators for wealth/money making potential.

Clearly, this is a 2nd house matter. Jupiter/venus may help too, but how? Are there any pointing aspects? Are there any set indicators?

Last edited by a moderator:

Claire19

star2858 said:
What are the traditional astrological indicators for wealth/money making potential.

Clearly, this is a 2nd house matter. Jupiter/venus may help too, but how? Are there any pointing aspects? Are there any set indicators?
No set indicators. The 10th house of career and potential fortune making would have to be taken into consideration. Also the 8th house can endow us with substantial inheritance. The 5th house can give us luck in lottery winnings.

For instance I have Jupiter sextiling Sun from the 8th and transiting Sun hitting Jupiter right now. I have inherited quite a large sum from my family, trine Uranus in 4th and also as a result of a passing on of a sibling. Venus sextile Mercury from the 8th.

The 2nd house is our personal income and assets yes but is only one indicator.

Last edited:

waybread

If you have any planets in the 2nd, look to them. I agree with Claire: Look also to your 8th house, which deals with "shared resources" such as inheritances, money from a marriage or SO, insurance, &c. Most people today make money from their jobs, and these would be 10th or 6th house matters.

If your 2nd house is untenanted, look at the planet ruling the sign on the house cusp, by its own house and aspect. Each planet rules different ways in which you might make money. For example, Uranus rules electronics, Mercury suggests some kind of information exchange and your intelligence, the sun might suggest the salesman who "sells himself" more than the product, &c.

Then a lot depends upon aspects. My ex had Jupiter in the 2nd, but it was afflicted and he had real difficulties with money management. Usually Jupiter and Venus are seen as beneficial, but look at how they are aspected. With a square to Saturn or Pluto, for example, this could be someone who overspends and then can't pay the bills later on. A well aspected Saturn might be frugal--a real saver; whereas an afflicted Saturn might experience poverty.

Night Sky

How about Pluto and Saturn in 2nd in scorpio.

Ruler of 2nd Venus is in 1st in Libra.

8th contains fortune and Moon in Aries.

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Interesting i should read this thread. I have a book called "Mapping Your Money" and would be happy to share.

The three Universal Money Planets for everyone are: Venus (2nd house natural ruler), Mars and Pluto (8th house natural ruler and co-ruler). These (and their placement and aspects) go for everyone regardless of your chart.

Look to see what signs and houses Venus, Mars, and Pluto are in. Plus any aspects, of course.

Now here's where it gets interesting... in addition to these three planets, look to see what planets are in or ruler/co-ruie your 2nd and 8th houses.
Depending on the number of planets involved there, outside the Venus-Mars-Pluto spectrum, if you have a lot, you may have what's considered to be a "money chart"!

For two examples:

Oprah Winfrey:
http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/WinfreyOprah.htm

Matt Damon:
http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/f8kqp95Kf8Sf.htm

These are both considered "money charts".

If you want to know more, just say the word.

hiimnotcool

So you're saying if that if the planets that rule the 2nd and 8th are different than Mars/Venus/Pluto then you might have a money chart?

Well, how would I interpret mine? I have Venus and Mars in 4th/Leo, Pluto in 7th/Scorpio.

Ruler of the 2nd is Mercury in 4th/Leo as well, and ruler of 8th is Jupiter in 10th/Aquarius.

Aspects..hmm..

Venus squares Pluto
Venus opposes Jupiter
Mars conjuncts Mercury
Mercury opposes Jupiter

Venus/Jupiter/Pluto involved in a T-Square.

Would that stuff indicate poverty? I've been poor for awhile now and kind of feel like a black cloud is following me financially.

It's like I can make money but something always happens to where I end up having to spend it on something that will break or suddenly go missing. Very weird.

piscesascendant

From what I've read, it sounds as if that Venus/Pluto square can result in major losses. I would think adding Jupiter to the mix would add luck, but since it's in a T-square, I don't know for sure. Might be the opposite. T-squares create serious tension. I'd have to see your chart to comment/suggest interpretations any further.

hiimnotcool

Interesting! Well it would make sense if it caused major losses because my luck *****. Haha...

astro_2gw_138_chris_86272_30006.gif

piscesascendant

That's Interesting, AquariusT....b/c I have Venus/Ascendant/Jupiter all in conjunct in Pisces. I was told by a professional astrologer that I will having "natural money-making potential". The ruler of my 2nd house is Venus. The co-ruler of my 8th house is Jupiter. My 8th house ruler is Mars and Pluto, so I am always trying to find a way to make things work, whether it is simply to find the value (not necessarily monetary) in something, or to see if it indeed has profitability. But I DO NOT find value in trying to make a profit simply for the sake of it. Put it this way, I try to see if there is value for a potential buyer, and not some self-serving money-making scheme. Granted, it can be diffcult to earn that kind of trust among people nowadays, but once it's earned, it's worth its weight in gold.

hiimnotcool

Your Jupiter is in 9th (Equal house) and moon in 10th Venus in 3rd and Merc/mars in 4th...

Everyone seems to forget the basics, lack of earth in chart is THE sign of moneymaker.....:D

piscesascendant

Equal house system is not that accurate. It just oversimplifies the house divisions. Most professional and experienced astrologers I know use Placidus. I wondered why until I researched it and understood its accuracy.

A lack of earth is a sign of a moneymaker? Anything is possible, but I find that questionable, since personal finances are ruled by Taurus (earth). There are other factors as well.

Neptune Rising

I'm not so sure Venus in the 2nd house bestows wealth. I have Venus (my 10th and 5th house rulers) in the 2nd house. Also Mercury (7th and 9th rulers) conjunct Venus. Natal Sun (intercepted 8th ruler) is just in the 2nd house and Moon (8th ruler) are also in the 2nd at the end of the house. I'm not rich but have always had enough to get by, I tend to spend alot - Venus in the 2nd, I love enjoying my money. Venus/Mercury are inconjunct Saturn.

Saturn rules my 2nd house and sits in the 7th/8th house. Moon is in mild conjunction with Jupiter, and these two trine Saturn.

That seems to say my money will come from others but I don't know what to make of the inconjunct with Saturn.

NR

star2858 said:

Have info on chart lacking in earth planets so will PM you info cos dont know author...

waybread

hiimnotcool said:
So you're saying if that if the planets that rule the 2nd and 8th are different than Mars/Venus/Pluto then you might have a money chart?

Well, how would I interpret mine? I have Venus and Mars in 4th/Leo, Pluto in 7th/Scorpio.

Ruler of the 2nd is Mercury in 4th/Leo as well, and ruler of 8th is Jupiter in 10th/Aquarius.

Aspects..hmm..

Venus squares Pluto
Venus opposes Jupiter
Mars conjuncts Mercury
Mercury opposes Jupiter

Venus/Jupiter/Pluto involved in a T-Square.

Would that stuff indicate poverty? I've been poor for awhile now and kind of feel like a black cloud is following me financially.

It's like I can make money but something always happens to where I end up having to spend it on something that will break or suddenly go missing. Very weird.

Apart from the planetary rulers of your 2nd (& maybe 8th house) cusps, having Venus (planetary ruler of money) in challenging aspects could indicate difficulties. For unanticipated break-downs, how is your Uranus?

In my book, Saturn is absolutely the teacher of money matters, especially in 2009.

hiimnotcool

waybread said:
Apart from the planetary rulers of your 2nd (& maybe 8th house) cusps, having Venus (planetary ruler of money) in challenging aspects could indicate difficulties. For unanticipated break-downs, how is your Uranus?

In my book, Saturn is absolutely the teacher of money matters, especially in 2009.

Uranus falls in the 8th house and sextiles the 8th house ruler, Jupiter. It trines the 2nd house ruler Mercury and trines Mars as wel..

but then it's squared by the Moon and Sun. lol

iwonder

Interesting thread.

I have quite a few combinations suggesting I should be wealthy. Money comes, and I am thankful, but this is not my idea of being wealthy.

I have Jupiter (ruler of my Sag Asc) in Pisces in the 2nd (good), but it is retro (questionable). It is in aspect with Venus in the 8th (good), but it is opposition (questionable). 2nd is ruled by Uranus, but it is in 135* with Jupiter.

I have other good aspects - Fortune on the cusp of the 2nd, Jupiter trines Saturn in the 7th, Uranus trines Fortune and 2nd cusp, etc. I have packed 8th house with Sun, Mars and Pluto there.

So all in all, it seems good, and I am sure real wealth will come :). But what about Jupiter being retro? What's the say on it? Is the time when it becomes direct in progression a good indication of favorable change?