non-astrological discussion of homosexuality

gaer

What you have done is incredibly confusing.

First, you used this quote:

"I'm not going to make any comments except to say that zero comments have been made about astrology here, and a discussion of pedophila is off topic. If people do not realize that being gay and being a pedophile are not related, save yourself some time. Just move on."

You did not say that I wrote it. In addtion, you lifted that quote out of a message that was in another thread. In that topic the subject had nothing to do with pedophilia, and you mentioned nothing about astrology. You chose to turn that discussion into one about pedophilia. And you put my words in bold.
Astrologer4U said:
No matter how sensitive one is about being gay, one does not speak for all gay people.
I'm not sure what "sensitive about being gay" means. Is this referring to me? I never said a thing about myself. :)
9 times out of 10, a young boy who has been repeatedly molested by a man, is going to grow up to be gay.
There you go again, linking two different things. You are talking about child molesters. You are referring to men who molest boys as gay. So what about men who molest little girls? Are they "straight"?
All gay people are not gay because they feel they were born that way, in fact many will and have admitted that they are gay by choice.
Your experience is different from mine. None of the gay people I have known or know now say that they chose to be gay. Not one. And I haven't seen anyone else in this forum agree with you.
That being, that homosexuality, or being gay is not a choice. That being gay has nothing to do with enviroment, circumstances etcetera, etcetera. This may not apply to you, but it does apply to some.
I'm not sure what may or may not apply to me. Again, I have never said a think about my own sex orientation in this forum, or not that I remember. :)
I don't have to be gay to realize that, I just have to be one who pays close attention to people regardless if they are gay or not. :)
With all due respect, I wonder how you know so much about what gay people think and feel, if you are not gay yourself. I've only know a few gay people well in my life. So my opinion is based on what they shared with me together with what I've read, including in this forum. I am *not* an "expert". I can only tell you that not one gay man I've talked to has ever told told me that he chose to be gay. For the people I've known it has been hard enough to find a reasonable degree of acceptance in society as a whole.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
A few points to clarify here:
When I remember the tears that have been shed in my living room over the years, by young people struggling with their sexual identity, I really baulk at the concept that choosing one's path sexually is just a *thought-based* process..ie a *choice*.
From my own experience (and I've worked with young people for most of my life in one way or another), I've found that there is often a major *struggle* as someone caught in the middle of what society requires of them and what their own being feels, tries to find a way to be *who they truly are* without being at odds with society, or losing the love/support of their family.
Many of these young people, to whom I refer, had already *tried* to fit into the social conventions, tried dating and sleeping with the opposite sex, TRIED fulfilling the social conventions they were seemingly trapped in. (Has anyone seen the film *Brokeback Mountain*? It tried to deal with this idea too). One friend developed migraines as a direct result of the inner conflict she was experiencing and only when she fully acknowledged to herself that she wanted to be with a woman, and acted on that, did the migraines cease.
So when it's said to be a *choice*, it may be that the choice is whether to go along with society and be what society wants you to be, or to follow an instinctual leaning and forego one's own personal path in terms of being *who one truly is*.
I have known people to walk down both those roads.
There are. as a few posters have already pointed out,a decent number of people who fall in between the two extremes of *100% heterosexual* and *100% gay*. There are people who will never act on their *gay urges* for many reasons.There are people who will engage in heterosexual sex whilst fantasising something else...the list goes on. How would we *classify* someone who *occasionally* indulges in same gender sex? I have even known some people to form single sex relationships for *political reasons* and back in the 80's women receiving social security benefits were financially advantaged by living in *same sex* relationships.(Both could receive the benefit, because the law made no provision or did not recognise same sex relationships. I'm not suggesting those people *became gay* in order to receive the benefit, but for those *undecided* it could have tipped the scales in some instances, ) so we really can't generalise about what makes people feel gay, or be gay.There would be a multitude of factors.(We have yet to figure out *what makes a thing *funny*!!)

I grew up next door to a kid who at 4-5 years old wanted to dress up in girls' clothes and play with dolls (he had 3 brothers!). He was bullied mercilessly at school, and punished at home for being *weird*.
At 30 he finally *came out* to his parents, whose response was to send him to a shrink to *get his head sorted out*. They meant well but as a result of their non-acceptance of him being the way *he'd always been*he eventually abandonned his family altogether-it was all too painful.

So, when someone gets on here and pronounces that being gay is a *choice*, I am more than gobsmacked. It occurs in the animal world, it occurs in the plant world, so what makes anyone think it will be different for humans? We are part of nature too.
To equate paedophilia with being gay is just sheer ignorance, not to mention distasteful.To quote statistics such as *9 out of 10 boys molested will.... * is very silly. These stats aren't real.But if they *were* perhaps we could blame the Health system for not providing proper counselling to rape victims.(ie, if they are going on to *choose to be gay* because of having been raped...this is more like dissociative behaviour and nothing to do with one's healthy sexual preferences).

I seriously don't think *vegetarianism* can be shown in a chart either. I am a vegetarian-my moon is not in h6..another generalisation goes down the drain.
What concerns me about these types of threads is that the over generalising about what aspects mean, non specific to an actual chart,is very misleading for those newer to astrology.It doesnt do the cause of Astrology much good either. I noticed someone had raised the mars/venus conjunction again as an indicator of gayness.Well I got plenty of charts with that aspect, and none of them belong to gay people!
I do have actually quite a large number of gay clients in my files.But I would not dishonour them by posting up their charts and starting a discussion about their sex life! There is so much more to a chart than just one's sexual preferences, and by looking at a chart I have NEVER been able to tell.
My ex has almost every *gay aspect* mentioned...seriously..but NOT GAY>
Not even *closet*.:)
We can speculate til the cows come home,but that's all it can be .....*speculation*.
Lillyjgc

Astrologer4U

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
No, but I do have consentual sex with other men in a society that deems a man less of a man by doing so. :) Are you? I enjoy how you attempt to reprimand me in a situation that neither of us fit the bill of quite right.

Conesensual is not the same as non consentual now is it? You made your choice to have consensual sex understanding that being out with your sexuality would bring you certain ridicule that you could handle, or are you in the closet?

Boys who are molested did not make the choice to be molested. That 1 out of 10 who was molested and does not become a gay adult male, is struggling with what society say's about another man who has been ******* by another man. He feels as though he has been robbed of his manhood. He is struggling with the little boy inside of him plus the man he so desperately wants to be, but does not know how to be because he was sexually and emotionally robbed as a child. This particular man is not fit for another man or a woman.

Wow, that's great. I know people who have been molested by members of the same sex too, I know people who have been raped by people of the opposite sex. Now I would appreciate it if you would back off and stop attacking me as if I'm saying anything negative about these people. I was only pointing out that the logic involved in the situation is ironic from what you would expect and I'm not convinced that such events are the cause of anything. Would they have been gay without it happening? Who knows!!! But, seeing as how the majority of gay people are gay without being molested or raped, I would say the statistics are more in favor of it not being a cause, just an unfortunate coincidence. :(

You are wrong on that, no coincidence at all. For whatever reason, People make the choice everyday to be gay, some people even make the choice to be Bi sexual.

That's true, and I'm sure all sexualities will eventually be researched. It's just that homosexuality is the "big one" right now with everything that's been going on politically. The problem, like I said, is the speculation, not the actual observation. I don't think anyone has a problem with that, or at least not a problem that has some basis in logic as opposed to paranoia.

When you say politically, you mean with the gay rights to marriage issue and all?

Trust me, some things are that simple.

This sexuality issue is not simple as this thread shows.

For some people, they may choose to be that way, or they may just tell themselves that they have. Who knows. I just know that people don't normally consciously choose their sexuality. It doesn't happen that way and you yourself are a living testament to that.

I chose my sexuality.

I'm sorry you equate asking for proof of a suspicious statement as being "close-minded". I like to think of it as focusing on the facts.

Here is a video where two gay guys are complaining about this other gay guy who said he chose to be gay. How are these two going to get angry with another man saying he chose to be gay? I am going to look for the show so you can see how they really came down on him hard, almost to the point alienation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I5dVRF_VfE

These two guys are a couple of riots. True Drama queens...

Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U

@Kaiousei no Senshi

The white guy say's he don't need no one to tell him what he is and what he feels but he is telling the black guy what the feels. Blatant hypocrisy. then they want to blame his feelings on his age. Bunch of baloney. In the other videos they keep trying to break him down ad make him agree with them. The black guy asks a legitimate question, why is the big older white guy so angry with what another man believes? The vids are no in order but Follow the videos on the order. They just don't let up on this guy, they are clearly trying to force their opinions on him.

Vid #1 http://www.logoonline.com/video/?vid=275852

In this video Jamel let's them know that they get tired of trying to make him keep quiet. The big white guy however loves him in that video.
Vid # 2 http://www.logoonline.com/video/?vid=279944

Obvious hypocrisy, he is realer than real as long as he is saying things that they agree with, but then when he say's something they do not agree with, he is not real? That is some B/S

vid # 3 http://www.logoonline.com/video/?vid=278148

In this video, it becomes clear that they will not leave him alone. They are afraid as they say that he will set them back in the struggle. Set them back? Setting them back is what makes the vast majority of gay people set in motion their propaganda. They will even go to the point of censoring one of their own kind. Gay people are just as corrupt as anyone else.

http://www.logoonline.com/video/?vid=275852

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I am going a bit off topic.... just a bit.

This thread is showing plenty of people that are passionate about the want of human rights. Looking at the number of viewings, there is also a silent majority watching this play out.

Get involved!! The world is run by those who show up.

If you are in the United States, you can contact your country political party and inquire about their GLBT clubs; in the Republican Party, the Log Cabin Republicans and in the Democratic Party, the Stonewall Democrats.

These are all important human rights and the perfect place to channel you passions.

TK

This post is going to be so deleted, isn't it?:eek:

gaer

Astrologer4U said:
Conesensual is not the same as non consentual now is it?
Of course not. But I don't recall anyone saying it is.
You made your choice to have consensual sex understanding that being out with your sexuality would bring you certain ridicule that you could handle, or are you in the closet?
Granted, your questions was not addressed to me, but do you think that people are "out" deserve a "certain ridicule"?
Boys who are molested did not make the choice to be molested.
We all know that. I don't know why you keep repeating this. No one here is defending child molesters.
That 1 out of 10 who was molested and does not become a gay adult male, is struggling with what society say's about another man who has been ******* by another man. He feels as though he has been robbed of his manhood. He is struggling with the little boy inside of him plus the man he so desperately wants to be, but does not know how to be because he was sexually and emotionally robbed as a child. This particular man is not fit for another man or a woman.
First, I'd like to see where you get your "1 out of 10" figure from. You assert that 9 or 10 boys who are molested "become adult gay males". This does not match any statistics or information I've read about. My understanding is that all children, boys and girls, who are molested face terrible psychological obstacles later in life. The issue is not whether they come to think of themselves as gay or straight. The issue is whether or not they are ever able to feel whole, to get past the enormous damage that has been done to them. By the way, you have chosen to focus on boys who are molested. You are totally ignoring the fact that the same horrible damage is done to little girls. Pedophiles are fixated on children. They are not interested in adults.
I chose my sexuality.
Let me get this straight: are you saying that you can control and always have been able to control who you are attracted to? If so, you are the first adult I've ever met who has made that claim. Now, if you are saying that you have control over how you act on your feelings, that is a different thing.

E

eternalautumn

Conesensual is not the same as non consentual now is it? You made your choice to have consensual sex understanding that being out with your sexuality would bring you certain ridicule that you could handle, or are you in the closet?

Boys who are molested did not make the choice to be molested. That 1 out of 10 who was molested and does not become a gay adult male, is struggling with what society say's about another man who has been ******* by another man. He feels as though he has been robbed of his manhood. He is struggling with the little boy inside of him plus the man he so desperately wants to be, but does not know how to be because he was sexually and emotionally robbed as a child. This particular man is not fit for another man or a woman.
I think I understand what you're trying to say, A4U. You're saying that boys who are molested have a "reason" to be gay, but anyone else who ends up gay is because they chose it.

I understand, but I totally disagree.

I chose my sexuality.
How did you decide? Did you weigh pros and cons? I'm curious...

Astrologer4U

gaer said:
Of course not. But I don't recall anyone saying it is.

You don't recall because the question was not for you. Therefore, there is nothing for *you* to recall.

Granted, your questions was not addressed to me, but do you think that people are "out" deserve a "certain ridicule"?

Like you told me, you don't recall a question that was directed at someone else. Well, you are directing this question at me so my response to you will be legitimate. Here is my response... I don't ever recall telling you or anyone else, not even did I imply that gay people who are in, or out of the closet, deserve any kind of ridicule. You see, that is your problem as well as other gay peoples problem, not all gay people I must add. If a person goes against what you believe, you assume that they want to ridicule or set you back in the gay struggle. I happen to very much so be a peoples person, I just love people period and I like and respect different people from all walks of life. Just because I don't agree with people does not mean that deep down I wish them to be ridiculed.

We all know that. I don't know why you keep repeating this. No one here is defending child molesters.

Of course not but that was not the point. You would not know or understand the point because my post was not to you. Due to your emotions, you just butted in on a conversation which would have been alright if you were responding in a way that didn't make it obvious, that you really had nothing to contribute to the conversation taking place between two people.

First, I'd like to see where you get your "1 out of 10" figure from. You assert that 9 or 10 boys who are molested "become adult gay males".

I can go and dig up your statistics but no one has responded to the videos I dug up. I won't be wasting my time to go and dig up stuff if people will just over look them because I have proved people wrong. Kai said that he did not believe that gay people come down on other gay people for saying that they were born gay, I proved that to be wrong but no one is willing to admit to that. I am not here to play games, if I show proof which was requested, I should get a decent response to that. You guys don't over look things that look to be in your favor. That just let's me know that it is all about how you guys feel, not about the truth being told.

This does not match any statistics or information I've read about.

I don't think you would look for those kinds of statistics because they are not favorable to your cause...

My understanding is that all children, boys and girls, who are molested face terrible psychological obstacles later in life. The issue is not whether they come to think of themselves as gay or straight. The issue is whether or not they are ever able to feel whole, to get past the enormous damage that has been done to them.

While they are going through all of that, for the most part, they do not go celibate.

By the way, you have chosen to focus on boys who are molested. You are totally ignoring the fact that the same horrible damage is done to little girls.

Little girls are affected much differently than boys because society promotes direct sympothy on girls who have been molested while they promote indirect ridicule on boys who have been molested. Due to this, the affects of molestation on the two different sexes don't have the same results. While there are some girls who will become gay adults due to child molestation, most of the time the girls develop a tendancy to go back and forth between male and females. Most of the girls develop into adult bi sexual females, or they become involved in dysnfunctional heterosexual relationships.

Pedophiles are fixated on children. They are not interested in adults.

So what is your point, you are not telling me anything I don't know. All you are trying to do in this instance, is push that homosexuality and pedophilia are not the same. If you really believe that, why do you need to keep saying it? No one ever implied that the two were the same? However, we do know that the Romans and the Greeks practiced pedophilia on little boys and for them, that was normal. Many of those little Roman and Greek boys grew up to desire men and that is no secret.

Let me get this straight: are you saying that you can control and always have been able to control who you are attracted to? If so, you are the first adult I've ever met who has made that claim. Now, if you are saying that you have control over how you act on your feelings, that is a different thing.

Of course I control who I am attracted to. Would you ask that same question to someone who is Bi sexual? You and the guy in the video want to try and make a differance between feelings and actions but let me tell you something, the only differance between feelings and actions is timing. If you you desire to drink and you drink to get drunk, at those times that you acted out your desire to drink into drunkness, you were an alchoholic but if you stop drinking and never drink again, you are no longer an alchoholic. That logic can be applied to anything. Your actions determind who you are at the moment of your action and your feelings drive your actions. Astrologically speaking, like the moon changes so does feelings.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Okay, so that it would make you feel better I went and looked at those videos that you posted. Wow. A reality show? Is that really the best you could do!? XD That's freakin' hilarious. I ask for proof and you give me a reality TV show. That's like someone asking for survival training videos and you give them season 1 Survivor clips as a reference!!!!!

I can go and dig up your statistics
Yeah you can go and dig up statistics, but none that would echo a 9 out of 10 like you suggested.

While they are going through all of that, for the most part, they do not go celibate.
That was never suggested. Certainly there are statistics that reflect that children who were molested begin sexual activity earlier in life than those who were not.

Little girls are affected much differently than boys because society promotes indirect sympothy on girls who have been molested while they promote indirect ridicule on boys who have been molested.
I'm not sure I agree with that. People respond to battery the same way, regardless of gender. I'm pretty sure sympathy for such a situation is a given and anyone who ridicules someone who has been molested is a monster, plain and simple.

However, we do know that the Romans and the Greeks practiced pedophilia on little boys and for them, that was normal. Many of those little Roman and Greek boys grew up to desire men and that is no secret.
Wrong! Go and look up pederasty. That's what you're thinking of and there was no sex in pederasty.

You mean gaer helped get you off the hook?

Nah, he gave me time to check out your "proof".

Astrologer4U

eternalautumn said:
I think I understand what you're trying to say, A4U. You're saying that boys who are molested have a "reason" to be gay, but anyone else who ends up gay is because they chose it.

Actually that is not what I was saying but you just showed something by saying you understood what you thought I was trying to say... How could you understand me to be saying that boys who are molested have a "reason" to be gay, but anyone else who ends up gay is because they chose it; when you say that you did not choose to be gay? According to you, being born gay is a "reason."

I understand, but I totally disagree.

Here you are saying that you understand (the logic I was not proposing) but you disagree. :confused:

How did you decide? Did you weigh pros and cons? I'm curious...

I told this story in one of these threads but to get to the jist of the bottom line, yes I did weigh pros and cons, Gemini rising, the twins. I am to agressive to be with a woman so if I was with a woman, I would have to be the dominate one in the relationship, Mars in Taurus fixed and not to compromsing in relationships. I am not attracted to being the dominate one in a same sex relationship because I see women as being the stronger species over men, so a weak woman is a recessive defect and the thought of being with a defect is not natural to me, Moon in Virgo, I like things to be natural. A woman can not be as strong as me because our roles can't be the same, Sun in Caprocrn, I have to be the one in charge, the one who has the final say. Then there is the issue of bitching, I can't stand bitching but I can't especially stand it from a woman. Women never let up once they get started with bitching, women are more dominating and manipulative than men and I just can't stand that part about them, Venus in Aquarius can't have my freedom threatend, otherwise I will just dissapear for good. Sometimes I feel like I am a male trapped inside of a womans body and I prefer intimate relations with men because they are less complicated, Saturn in the 1st first and most of my planets in Maculine signs. I guess you could say that I am a gay man trapped inside of a womans body. :D

The crabs said something to the same affect. He is a member here who is an admitted Bi sexual. In case you are curious, I have never sexually been with a woman but as I do all the time before making big decisions that will tremendously affect my life, I weigh the pros and cons and at one time in my life, I did that concerning the sexuality issue. I was around 12 years of age when all that I just said to you happend. I didn't choose to be Bi like some people do where they have a serious relationship with one sex but just play around with the other sex... I don't like to play with peoples feelings and I am a one on one romantically invloved type person. Plus, I don't like the idea of bouncing back and forth about anything. So, I made the proper choice that I felt I could tolerate the most. ;)

gaer

Astrologer4U said:
You don't recall because the question was not for you. Therefore, there is nothing for *you* to recall.
I said that I don't recall anyone else saying that consentual is the same as non-consentual, because you asked this:

A4U: "Conesensual is not the same as non consentual now is it?"

My answer was simply: "But I don't recall anyone saying it is."

In other words, unless I am wrong, and please correct me if I am, no one was suggesting that the two are the same. That is like saying that being raped is the same as choosing to have sex. Which is what it is when children are forced to have sex with adults—rape.
Like you told me, you don't recall a question that was directed at someone else.
No. I said I don't recall anyone asking the question that you brought up, as if someone would argue with you about that point. I'm saying that in my opinion, based on what I have read from everyone, all our members agree that being forced into sex without consent is a terrible thing.
Well, you are directing this question at me so my response to you will be legitimate. Here is my response... I don't ever recall telling you or anyone else, not even did I imply that gay people who are in, or out of the closet, deserve any kind of ridicule.
Then perhaps you can explain this, to Kai:

A4U: "You made your choice to have consensual sex understanding that being out with your sexuality would bring you certain ridicule that you could handle, or are you in the closet?"

Are you suggesting that Kai should expect "certain ridicule that he can handle"? I'm honestly trying to understand your point. In other words, is this your view of society, and you don't agree with it? The ridicule, lack of understanding, lack of tolerance? Or are you saying that it is to be expected because being gay is wrong, something that deserves ridicule?
Just because I don't agree with people does not mean that deep down I wish them to be ridiculed.
But again, do you think that other people have the right to do so? That's the part I'm trying to clear up.
Of course not but that was not the point. You would not know or understand the point because my post was not to you.
Here is what I said: "We all know that. I don't know why you keep repeating this. No one here is defending child molesters."

I have read everything in this thread. Whether or not something was written to me has nothing to do with understanding what was said. You have repeatedly linked being gay and pedophilia. I have repeatly disagreed with your logic. I believe what you are saying is highly insulting and offensive to those people in our forum who are gay. Furthermore, I believe most of the people in this forum agree with me. If they don't, I wish they would tell me, here, or in private.
Due to your emotions, you just butted in on a conversation which would have been alright if you were responding in a way that didn't make it obvious, that you really had nothing to contribute to the conversation taking place between two people.
I'm not sure what emotions you are talking about. As far as I can tell I'm answering you politely. I am not insulting you. As for butting into a conversation, you seem not to understand the fact that this is a public forum. You are not engaged in a private conversation with Kai or anyone else. You can only do that by PM. So long as you express your views in public, even if you are specifically responding to one person with quotes, it is my right to express my views when they differ from yours. :)
I can go and dig up your statistics but no one has responded to the videos I dug up.
Well, they are not "my" statistics. You are the one who made the "9 out of 10" claim. Therefore they are your statistics, or the ones you claim are someone elses. So yes, if you would not mind, I'd like to know your source for that!
Kai said that he did not believe that gay people come down on other gay people for saying that they were born gay, I proved that to be wrong but no one is willing to admit to that.
Apparently Kai does not take your sources seriously, and I don't either. Maybe someone else does. You will have to come up with something more convincing than videos of a reality show, which may be engaging entertainment for some people but is hardly a reliable source for facts.
I am not here to play games, if I show proof which was requested, I should get a decent response to that. You guys don't over look things that look to be in your favor. That just let's me know that it is all about how you guys feel, not about the truth being told.
Again, we are not much impressed by videos from a rather sensationalist reality show. It is a bit like using the National Enquirer as proof that aliens are among us!
Little girls are affected much differently than boys because society promotes direct sympothy on girls who have been molested while they promote indirect ridicule on boys who have been molested.
Society "promotes indirect ridicule on boys"? And "direct sympathy on girls? That makes no sense. I don't know one single adult who has anything but incredibly sympathy for any boy who is molested. I don't know one adult who blames a child for causing such a thing, either a girl or a boy. Are you referring to other children? Children can be quite cruel. In some cases either boys or girls may be ridiculed by other children who find out about what is going on. This is yet another thing that makes sexual molestation so horrible.

It is beginning to seem to me that the problem is not that we are underestimating how painful it is for boys to go through something so horrible but rather that you are underestimating how horrible it is for girls. I've heard painful stories from both adult men and women about going through such horrors. I would not like to rate the pain in a way that makes it seem that one is less than the other, which is what you appear to be doing.
Due to this, the affects of molestation on the two different sexes don't have the same results. While there are some girls who will become gay adults due to child molestation, most of the time the girls develop a tendancy to go back and forth between male and females. Most of the girls develop into adult bi sexual females, or they become involved in dysnfunctional heterosexual relationships.
Again, I think you need to back up this statement with sources. If you provide them (but not online videos of reality shows), then I will pay attention, and so will others, most likely. Until then I continue to believe that you are stating your opinion as a fact.

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

Actually that is not what I was saying but you just showed something by saying you understood what you thought I was trying to say... How could you understand me to be saying that boys who are molested have a "reason" to be gay, but anyone else who ends up gay is because they chose it; when you say that you did not choose to be gay? According to you, being born gay is a "reason."

Okay, so I was mistaken. There's no reason to attack me for it or bring up my personal beliefs. I was simply trying to understand what you were saying. I get confused easily. =]

Also, I never once stated that being born gay was a "reason". I explicitly stated that I believe that nature and nature both have a part in what makes a person homosexual.

Here you are saying that you understand (the logic I was not proposing) but you disagree. :confused:

What is confusing about that? You've never understood something that you disagreed with? I do it all the time; I thought it was a common occurence.

That whole paragraph in which you described the actual process of weighing the pros and cons: I really cant believe that. It seems unnatural. Also, I was being sarcastic when I asked that. To me the fact that you actually had that thought process occur points to you not being "straight". But that's just my opinion.

Astrologer4U

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Okay, so that it would make you feel better I went and looked at those videos that you posted. Wow. A reality show? Is that really the best you could do!? XD That's freakin' hilarious. I ask for proof and you give me a reality TV show. That's like someone asking for survival training videos and you give them season 1 Survivor clips as a reference!!!!!

haha, I knew you were going to say that about it being a reality show. That was all I could find for now but I doubt you didn't give an earlier response due to my proof being a reality show. gaer didn't give you time to look at my proof because you would have realized it was a reality show from the first clip. I will get you more proof from people not on reality shows just give me some time. However, the reactions in the reality show were real because Jamel is a real person who grew up in the same city I grew up in, I happen to know him very well.

Yeah you can go and dig up statistics, but none that would echo a 9 out of 10 like you suggested.

If you are so sure of that, prove it. If you are not going to prove it, that really does you no good to predict what the statistics will echo. I am sure you really have no idea what the results will echo, you just *hope* that you are right.

That was never suggested. Certainly there are statistics that reflect that children who were molested begin sexual activity earlier in life than those who were not.

I am talking about early age, they don't become celibate, dealing with the issues of child molestation in their adulthood.

I'm not sure I agree with that. People respond to battery the same way, regardless of gender.

You are being vague, What way is that exactly, in battered people respond?

I'm pretty sure sympathy for such a situation is a given and anyone who ridicules someone who has been molested is a monster, plain and simple.

Of course anyone ridiculing a person who has been molested is a monster but that is not the point. There are always going to be monsters. The point is, while there are support systems setup up for boys and girls who have been molested, some people in the society send out indirect messages that say if a man has been taken by another man, he is less than a man. Now when society say's this, society does not attach any special stipulations like, but if a man is raped or molested as a child, he is an exception to the rule. This is one of the reasons why not that many men or boys tell about being raped by another man.

Wrong! Go and look up pederasty. That's what you're thinking of and there was no sex in pederasty.

I have read so many things about pedastry and they all say the same thing which is, grown men engaged boys who passed the age of puberty, but had not yet reached maturity. Now if you care to, you can show me proof that say's that there was no sex involved.

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

Of course anyone ridiculing a person who has been molested is a monster but that is not the point. There are always going to be monsters. The point is, while there are support systems setup up for boys and girls who have been molested, some people in the society send out indirect messages that say if a man has been taken by another man, he is less than a man. Now when society say's this, society does not attach any special stipulations like, but if a man is raped or molested as a child, he is an exception to the rule. This is one of the reasons why not that many men or boys tell about being raped by another man.

I totally agree with that. I'm glad you expanded on your original thought, as now we can see what you really meant. But I think the confusion arose because I'm pretty sure you implied firstly that homosexuality and pedophilia were related, and secondly that molested boys have a higher chance of becoming gay, and the fact that they are molested is not a choice for them, so therefore they have not made a choice, or rather it was out of their hands. And that anyone who was not molested (or gone through some other similar situation) did make a conscience choice to be gay.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, because I get easily confused sometimes. The purpose of the above paragraph is for you to tell me if that's what you mean, so then I know I am not misconstruing your ideas. It is not an attack on you or your thoughts, I'm simply trying to clarify your opinions in my mind. Please take it as it is.

Astrologer4U

gaer said:
I said that I don't recall anyone else saying that consentual is the same as non-consentual, because you asked this:

My answer was simply: "But I don't recall anyone saying it is."

In other words, unless I am wrong, and please correct me if I am, no one was suggesting that the two are the same. That is like saying that being raped is the same as choosing to have sex. Which is what it is when children are forced to have sex with adults—rape.

No. I said I don't recall anyone asking the question that you brought up, as if someone would argue with you about that point. I'm saying that in my opinion, based on what I have read from everyone, all our members agree that being forced into sex without consent is a terrible thing.

I am not going to try and answer your entire post because you are off track and due to your being off track, you are leading my intent off track. You had not been in this discussion for a while, although this particular discussion was started by something you said in the "indications of homosexuality" thread...

Indications of homosexuality thread post #88

1. gaer: I'm not going to make any comments except to say that zero comments have been made about astrology here, and a discussion of pedophila is off topic. If people do not realize that being gay and being a pedophile are not related, save yourself some time. Just move on.

Now, I could not respond the way I wanted to in the indications of homosexuality thread because it would have gone off topic, so I linked a response from the "Indications of homosexuality" thread to this thread "non-astrological discussion of homosexuality". In this thread I responded to your above quote. I messed up the last time I did this and that is why you got angry with me but this time I did it right. Any way, this is an excert response to your above quote...

2. A4U: "Try telling the above to those boy children, now grown up gay men who had been molested by other men, which led them to only know and understand what sex is like with a man and not a woman. Would you tell them they are not gay and that their being molested for so many years has nothing to do with their current gay lifestyle? 9 times out of 10, a young boy who has been repeatedly molested by a man, is going to grow up to be gay."

Kai responded instead of you.This was his response and then the order of responses there after...

3. Kai: "I'm not quite sure it quite connects that way. Seeing as how the logic involved would make one think such a thing happening would repulse the victim to such thoughts. *shrug* Who knows though, sometimes things don't always work out the way logic tells you it should."

4. A4U: "Are you a male who has been quite molested in a society that deems a man less than a man, if he has been ******* by another man?

5 Kai: "No, but I do have consentual sex with other men in a society that deems a man less of a man by doing so. :) Are you? I enjoy how you attempt to reprimand me in a situation that neither of us fit the bill of quite right."

6. A4U: "Conesensual is not the same as non consentual now is it? You made your choice to have consensual sex understanding that being out with your sexuality would bring you certain ridicule that you could handle, or are you in the closet?

Here is where you join in and you not making any since...

#7. gaer: "Of course not. But I don't recall anyone saying it is.

#8. A4U to Kai: You made your choice to have consensual sex understanding that being out with your sexuality would bring you certain ridicule that you could handle, or are you in the closet?

#9. gaer: Granted, your questions was not addressed to me, but do you think that people are "out" deserve a "certain ridicule"?

#10. A4U to Kai: Boys who are molested did not make the choice to be molested.

#11. gaer: We all know that. I don't know why you keep repeating this. No one here is defending child molesters.

Can you honestly tell me where I ever implied that you or anyone else was defending child molesters? and please be honest.

My response to you...

A4U: "Of course not but that was not the point. You would not know or understand the point because my post was not to you. Due to your emotions, you just butted in on a conversation which would have been alright if you were responding in a way that didn't make it obvious, that you really had nothing to contribute to the conversation taking place between two people."

gaer: "I said that I don't recall anyone else saying that consentual is the same as non-consentual, because you asked this:

Bringing this all back full circle, you could not have possibly read everything and if you did, you terribly minsconstrued everything. I would not have ever said the above last sentence had not Kai said line number 5. which you can scroll back up and read... I was not in any way implying that anyone was defending child molesters. I was just trying to get Kai to see that in his response he was in my opinion, comparing apples and oranges.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Firstly, I think you're the only one getting confused. I've been able to swim pretty well in these waters where there are several people talking about different things, maybe that's just because I got used to it.

I was just trying to get Kai to see that in his response he was in my opinion, comparing apples and oranges.
You're right, it is apples and oranges, and that's what I was trying to get you to see.

There's a difference between consentual gay sex and nonconsentual. One gets you ridiculed sometimes in society and one gets you sympathy. The problem is you got them confused. I definitely think I'm more likely to get ridiculed than someone who was molested considering I live with my boyfriend and am openly gay as opposed to someone who was molested, which is likely to get them sympathy and compassion from other people as opposed to ridicule and insult.

But then I guess it's difficult to understand something and disagree with it at the same time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Astrologer4U

eternalautumn said:
I totally agree with that. I'm glad you expanded on your original thought, as now we can see what you really meant.

Next time, before assuming what another persons ultimate, bottom line thoughts are, it would be much more easier to assume that one may have more to expound, by just asking them to expound, before you assume the worse. People tend to assume the worse before assuming that there must be some logical reasoning. Assuming the worse is one of our human failures and it really does not help us to get to the root of things, it just puts us further apart. Not trying to teach or anything, but that was just one of those things I had to put out there. :)

But I think the confusion arose because I'm pretty sure you implied firstly that homosexuality and pedophilia were related,

If I did imply this, show me the quote, I am sure you must have interpreted what I said wrong. I did say that boys who are *repeatedly* molested do have a high chance on becomig gay adult males because the molestation took place for so long that, sex with a man is all they know. We are not talking about a one or two time instance here, we are talking repeatedly molested.

and secondly that molested boys have a higher chance of becoming gay,
and the fact that they are molested is not a choice for them, so therefore they have not made a choice, or rather it was out of their hands.

Yes, it was out of their hands that would be correct and that is why I also said if you remember, that the choice, although not really a choice in this instance, is of a 12th house nature.

And that anyone who was not molested (or gone through some other similar situation) did make a conscience choice to be gay.

I still uphold that being gay is a choice, and that choice is for whatever reason a conscious choice, 3rd house... Or of a subconscious choice, 12th house.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, because I get easily confused sometimes. The purpose of the above paragraph is for you to tell me if that's what you mean, so then I know I am not misconstruing your ideas. It is not an attack on you or your thoughts, I'm simply trying to clarify your opinions in my mind. Please take it as it is.

I took it is it is and now I need for you to understand, it is real simple, so you should not get confused about this. If I said something in my response that you do not agree with, it doesn't mean that I believe that gay people should be ridiculed in any kind of way, nor do I advocate such a thing. I have family who are gay and would never want to see them, or people like them get hurt, just because of their sexual orientation.

Astrologer4U

E

eternalautumn

Next time, before assuming what another persons ultimate, bottom line thoughts are, it would be much more easier to assume that one may have more to expound, by just asking them to expound, before you assume the worse. People tend to assume the worse before assuming that there must be some logical reasoning. Assuming the worse is one of our human failures and it really does not help us to get to the root of things, it just puts us further apart. Not trying to teach or anything, but that was just one of those things I had to put out there. :)

Understood. However, I just want to put it out there that I, personally, was not consciously trying to assume anything, which is why I asked you repeatedly to explain more, so I could understand what you were saying before replying. Maybe more people should try my approach. Things stay a little calmer.

If I did imply this, show me the quote, I am sure you must have interpreted what I said wrong. I did say that boys who are *repeatedly* molested do have a high chance on becomig gay adult males because the molestation took place for so long that, sex with a man is all they know. We are not talking about a one or two time instance here, we are talking repeatedly molested.

It was because you brought pedophilia into a discussion about homosexuality and didn't explain yourself thoroughly. As has been stated, human nature is to judge first, ask questions later, and that's what happened. Now that you and I have had this little "discussion", I understand why you brought it up.

I still uphold that being gay is a choice, and that choice is for whatever reason a conscious choice, 3rd house... Or of a subconscious choice, 12th house.

I don't think you can call anything that goes on in the subconscious a "choice", simply for the fact that it's not conscious. If it is a choice it's not necessarily aligned with the person's conscious beliefs, and that's not good.

I took it is it is and now I need for you to understand, it is real simple, so you should not get confused about this. If I said something in my response that you do not agree with, it doesn't mean that I believe that gay people should be ridiculed in any kind of way, nor do I advocate such a thing. I have family who are gay and would never want to see them, or people like them get hurt, just because of their sexual orientation.

I think you may be getting mixed up. I never raised an issue about the ridicule comment. I think that may have been gaer.