Can transiting South Node in the 6th house indicate health problems?

cfsdmm

Hello everyone
Very soon, the South Node will be transiting my 6th house (where my natal north node is placed), and therefore the North Node will be transiting my 12th house (where my natal south node is placed).

Can anyone help me understand if this transit can have any effects on my health? I can't find any information about it. I am attaching a picture of my transit chart for more context. Thank you🙏

Attachments

• «««««««««««««««««««««.png
    «««««««««««««««««««««.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 60

Osamenor

Staff member
I wouldn't expect the south node transiting the sixth to indicate health problems in and of itself. I would be paying extra attention to health if I saw the sixth house strongly emphasized, along with the first or the twelfth, in a solar return, but even then, it won't necessarily play out as health issues. It might instead indicate a focus on work or duties or figuring out how you can be of service. But when it's just a south node transit, and it's not even touching any natal planets, I wouldn't expect it to have a noticeable impact on that house.

Node reversal is an age-related transit that everyone gets a few times in their life. It's not a major one in and of itself, but you're likely to have some minor theme in your life related to the sign and house meanings of your nodes around then.

Last edited:

cfsdmm

I wouldn't expect the sixth node transiting the sixth to indicate health problems in and of itself. I would be paying extra attention to health if I saw the sixth house strongly emphasized, along with the first or the twelfth, in a solar return, but even then, it won't necessarily play out as health issues. It might instead indicate a focus on work or duties or figuring out how you can be of service. But when it's just a south node transit, and it's not even touching any natal planets, I wouldn't expect it to have a noticeable impact on that house.

Node reversal is an age-related transit that everyone gets a few times in their life. It's not a major one in and of itself, but you're likely to have some minor theme in your life related to the sign and house meanings of your nodes around then.

Thank you so much for your answer! So based on this transit chart you would say there is no suggestion of health problems?
Thank you once again :smile:

Shanti

I would say that the transit of a node through the 6th /12th house axis is significant in terms of health issues in general. But as Osamenor said in itself it is not suggesting health problems.

The 18 months transit of a node through the 6th house means that the eclipse path is falling in this house. The eclipses show emphasis and area of life that is helpful to have a look into in the focus created by eclipses there.

A look into each individual horoscope is needed to refine analysis.

cfsdmm

I would say that the transit of a node through the 6th /12th house axis is significant in terms of health issues in general. But as Osamenor said in itself it is not suggesting health problems.

The 18 months transit of a node through the 6th house means that the eclipse path is falling in this house. The eclipses show emphasis and area of life that is helpful to have a look into in the focus created by eclipses there.

A look into each individual horoscope is needed to refine analysis.

Thank you so much Shanti

So, for someone who had liver cancer, do you think there is a suggestion that I could have a relapse?

Thank you

Osamenor

Staff member
If you've already had liver cancer, a relapse could come at any time. I would be looking especially at what's going on with Jupiter (transiting Jupiter, and transits to your natal Jupiter). Having a Jupiter-ruled sixth house could suggest that if you have health issues, they have to do with something Jupiter ruled, i.e. the liver.

I can't quite tell for sure where all the house cusps are in the chart you posted, but it looks like you may have Sagittarius intercepted in the sixth, which changes the picture a bit: Mars and/or Pluto would be the actual ruler(s) of your sixth house, but Jupiter has a kind of ghost share in it, and it rules your north node, which puts a little more emphasis on the sixth house. Since Pluto appears to be at the cusp of your sixth and Mars cohabits the same sign as Jupiter, there's a shared message here. You need some extra balance in those Jupiterian areas (Libra) and probably have to pay some extra attention to keeping your health in balance. With Pluto involved, it's no surprise that a big health issue came at a young age.

In and of itself, the south node moving through Sagittarius probably isn't enough of a trigger. But it might be a signal to pay attention: both to taking proper care of your liver, and, since the north node is transiting your twelfth house now, to the underlying spiritual and emotional factors. Complex illnesses such as cancer have complex causes. In the philosophy of healing that I've absorbed, from multiple teachers, illness almost always starts on a spiritual level. If you have a serious or chronic condition, that's a call for healing not just for your body, but also for the spirit.

The nodes transiting the sixth/twelfth house axis--and being in those houses natally, too--brings the spiritual/physical continuum into strong focus. If you do have a relapse, that's a strong call for attention. If you don't have a relapse, you're still getting a call to pay attention to those needs.

Last edited:

cfsdmm

If you've already had liver cancer, a relapse could come at any time. I would be looking especially at what's going on with Jupiter (transiting Jupiter, and transits to your natal Jupiter). Having a Jupiter-ruled sixth house could suggest that if you have health issues, they have to do with something Jupiter ruled, i.e. the liver.

I can't quite tell for sure where all the house cusps are in the chart you posted, but it looks like you may have Sagittarius intercepted in the sixth, which changes the picture a bit: Mars and/or Pluto would be the actual ruler(s) of your sixth house, but Jupiter has a kind of ghost share in it, and it rules your north node, which puts a little more emphasis on the sixth house. Since Pluto appears to be at the cusp of your sixth and Mars cohabits the same sign as Jupiter, there's a shared message here. You need some extra balance in those Jupiterian areas (Libra) and probably have to pay some extra attention to keeping your health in balance. With Pluto involved, it's no surprise that a big health issue came at a young age.

In and of itself, the south node moving through Sagittarius probably isn't enough of a trigger. But it might be a signal to pay attention: both to taking proper care of your liver, and, since the north node is transiting your twelfth house now, to the underlying spiritual and emotional factors. Complex illnesses such as cancer have complex causes. In the philosophy of healing that I've absorbed, from multiple teachers, illness almost always starts on a spiritual level. If you have a serious or chronic condition, that's a call for healing not just for your body, but also for the spirit.

The nodes transiting the sixth/twelfth house axis--and being in those houses natally, too--brings the spiritual/physical continuum into strong focus. If you do have a relapse, that's a strong call for attention. If you don't have a relapse, you're still getting a call to pay attention to those needs.

Thank you so much. When I got sick, Saturn, along with Chiron, entered my 6th house and stayed there for 2 years. Jupiter was there on and off. Mars and Mercury as well. I have never felt so connected to my spiritual side and lately I have been facing a lot of my fears and feel like breaking the chains that were tying me down, so much so that sometimes I don't even recognize myself anymore... I spent 20 years doubting myself and now I am gaining my confidence back and getting to know my true self again. I have been working on this since the beginning of this year. This transit means that I should probably keep doing what I am doing? 2 years ago I also changed my diet and pay a lot of attention to what I eat.

Thank you

aquarius7000

Hello everyone
Very soon, the South Node will be transiting my 6th house (where my natal north node is placed), and therefore the North Node will be transiting my 12th house (where my natal south node is placed)...
Hi,

When the S Node goes over the 6th house, the N Node is going over the 1st house of health and physical constitution and undoubtedly, but depending on certain natal constellations and strength of the Sun, the Moon and the ruler of the 1st house, the Nodes can wreak havoc.

Please can you pull your chart at astro.com? Those charts are much clearer

cfsdmm

Hi,

When the S Node goes over the 6th house, the N Node is going over the 1st house of health and physical constitution and undoubtedly, but depending on certain natal constellations and strength of the Sun, the Moon and the ruler of the 1st house, the Nodes can wreak havoc.

Please can you pull your chart at astro.com? Those charts are much clearer

Hello,

Thank you so much for your message. Is this the chart you are mentioning?
https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_mariana.73690.23807.png&res=100

I really appreciate your help guiding me through what this could mean and how can I prepare myself. Thank you

CapAquaPis

Would the SN transit to the 6th become the NN? Currently, my True Node is in 12th Gemini and last year, Cancer (my Ascendant is 17'33" and the cusp 12th is in 15' Gemini). Considering I'm a grocery store worker in the global Covid-19 pandemic, I have to be careful at this time, in addition to my Aquarius sun/ moon in 8th and in my life phase cycle (age 40), I'm now in 8' Aquarius-cusp 7th/8th. I'm planning to do an antibody test to see if I was exposed to this new virus, but my body in relatively good health, I could been asymptomatic any time in the first few months of 2020 when this virus first appeared in CA unknowingly, then again to acquire immunity that may last for years is good, but it's important anyone who tested positive should be 2-week quarantined. Testing can help doctors give you drug treatments when you have symptoms or hopefully not, get hospitalized. The nodes in 6th and 12th serve as a warning for medical conditions and health issues that may arise in current horary charts.

Osamenor

Staff member
Would the SN transit to the 6th become the NN?

No. In this case, the OP's natal NN is in their sixth house. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned north node in the sixth.

Your north node is where it always was: whichever sign and house it's in in your natal chart. The transiting node is currently wherever the last degree of Gemini/Sagittarius falls in your chart.

aquarius7000

cfsdmm

Hi,

Unfortunately, the chart doesn't show up when I click on that link. Can you attach it like a thumbnail to you post, the way you did the previous one? Thanks

I have attached a picture of my natal chart from astro.com . I think this will work :) thank you

Attachments

• natalchart.png
    natalchart.png
    66 KB · Views: 86

aquarius7000

How sure are you about your time of birth, which looks a bit rounded off and the Asc. had just changed into Cancer.

Are you more extroverted or introverted when you meet people?

Sun in opp. to Saturn is a concern - I can tell you right away and can be sign of chronic illnesses, but also illnesses that are not easily curable and become a burden (sort of silly because which illnesses isn't, but what I mean is, it is not as simple as a mild asthma)

cfsdmm

How sure are you about your time of birth, which looks a bit rounded off and the Asc. had just changed into Cancer.

Are you more extroverted or introverted when you meet people?

Sun in opp. to Saturn is a concern - I can tell you right away and can be sign of chronic illnesses, but also illnesses that are not easily curable and become a burden (sort of silly because which illnesses isn't, but what I mean is, it is not as simple as a mild asthma)

I am sure of my time of birth because that's what my mom always told me and that's the exact time that is shown on my official birth certificate

I am more introverted when I meet people but it has been changing...? Let's say that I am putting myself out there. Because of what I went through with my illness, and the unjustified struggles I faced, I am now advocating for cancer patients rights. I keep being invited to participate in projects that support cancer patients in many ways. I am giving interviews and meeting with politicians to discuss these issues

Yes. Tell me about it! 4 years ago I was diagnosed with an extremelly rare type of cancer, with a prevalence of 1 in 1 million. During 4 years I fighted for my life and finally had a procedure done in November 2019 which hopefully destroyed the cancer for good.

aquarius7000

Thanks for confirming.

So, in your chart, going by your Asc. in Cancer, and its ruler, the Moon, it its 29th degree (not so fortunate) and the Sun - Saturn issue. You also have Venus-Uranus and Venus becomes important from a health point of view in your chart as it is in the first house.

Can I ask if something of significance happened in Feb/March of 2017?

I am sure you go for your regular check-ups. I would say that be quite particular about them as long as Saturn is in Aquarius (into 2023).

Good luck and God bless. It also helps to keep an optimistic attitude, which helps develop immunity even. Additionally, praying to the Sun (Surya Namaskar - search for it on you tube) helps develop a positive attitude and enhances one's vitality.

cfsdmm

Thanks for confirming.

So, in your chart, going by your Asc. in Cancer, and its ruler, the Moon, it its 29th degree (not so fortunate) and the Sun - Saturn issue. You also have Venus-Uranus and Venus becomes important from a health point of view in your chart as it is in the first house.

Can I ask if something of significance happened in Feb/March of 2017?

I am sure you go for your regular check-ups. I would say that be quite particular about them as long as Saturn is in Aquarius (into 2023).

Good luck and God bless. It also helps to keep an optimistic attitude, which helps develop immunity even. Additionally, praying to the Sun (Surya Namaskar - search for it on you tube) helps develop a positive attitude and enhances one's vitality.

Thank you so much, I am truly grateful for your help reading and interpretating my chart.
Yes, February 2017 was the worst month of my life so far. I was scared, lost and alone. I was given the correct diagnosis when doctors confirmmed it was cancer and was told that it was back after my first surgery in October 2016. Had problems with these doctors and had to search for another team of doctors and for the right treatment for me. No support by my supervisor at college, who continously mistreated me and told me I wouldn't be able to finish my master's (I was). And my boyfriend at the time started showing his true colors and really letting me down. No friends around.

Yes, I do have regular check ups, every 3 months.

So based on this you would say I should be concerned or at least pay a lot of attention to my diet during this time when South Node is in my 6th house? Or is it not that significant?

I will take a look at your recommendations, thank you so much!!

aquarius7000

Thank you so much, I am truly grateful for your help reading and interpretating my chart.
Yes, February 2017 was the worst month of my life so far. I was scared, lost and alone. I was given the correct diagnosis when doctors confirmmed it was cancer and was told that it was back after my first surgery in October 2016. Had problems with these doctors and had to search for another team of doctors and for the right treatment for me. No support by my supervisor at college, who continously mistreated me and told me I wouldn't be able to finish my master's (I was). And my boyfriend at the time started showing his true colors and really letting me down. No friends around.

Yes, I do have regular check ups, every 3 months.

So based on this you would say I should be concerned or at least pay a lot of attention to my diet during this time when South Node is in my 6th house? Or is it not that significant?

I will take a look at your recommendations, thank you so much!!
In general, you should be careful with your health, but at the same time also confident with a positive attitude. When the North and South Nodes transit your Asc. ruler and any of the four axes, the energies affecting one are heightened. So, when the N Node is going over your first house and Asc., it is a good idea to watch it, but calmly. In general, you should at all times be careful about your diet. Ask you doctors if it is ok for you to reduce your meat intake for instance.

aquarius7000

Something I would like to add is that you have a strong will power, pretty strong actually and with a Leo Sun, you need to always keep your confidence level high and mentally be convinced that you will be fine, and that itself will always help you win half the battle.