Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

wan

Hello. Happened upon this topic on another site, and I thought it was interesting. Below are my two cents. Feel free to chime in, whether you agree or disagree.

~~~~~
About women being attracted to men with high status and wealth, I really think it’s just engineering on the part of Hollywood and various media outlets. You have to know the people who control these institutions are generally older, often ugly, and possibly ethnic men who are normally overlooked by women. They NEED to put ideas in women’s heads about what they “should” find attractive. They are being self-serving, you can put it this way. They catapult generic men like Tom Jones into stardom, call men like Adam Levine “the sexiest man alive” (are you kidding me?), and pump out movies like the beauty and the beast to brainwash girls into overlooking a man’s physical looks when selecting a mate. Like I said, all this has absolutely nothing to do with reality. Women are humans, too, and much like their male counter-parts, they are also turned on by physically attractive potential partners. So don’t believe all that **** about how women yearn for wealth and status. For one thing, men who have managed to acquire these things are usually older people who have had the time to be established in their lives. And I can honestly tell you that as a woman, older men are NOT attractive. I want tall, youthful, physically graceful, and good looking men. It doesn’t matter if he does not have a lot of money. Together we can make money and build a life and future for ourselves. Beautiful men fill me with joy and make my heart sing.

p.s. made a typo in the title. It should read "yearn", not "year".

wan

Well...not me. And I have encountered a lot of women who prefer younger, more attractive-looking but less rich/successful men over the older, more established ones.

Where do you live?

Dirius

Now will I get with a broke man? No. And it's not because I want to hang up my feet and just lounge about for the rest of my life. I feel rewarded when I work hard and achieve (and I don't necessarily mean in terms of career), but if I am to have kids with someone, I need to know that he can afford to take care of the family. It defeats the purpose of bringing young into the world if they can't be clothed or fed properly. Does he need to be rich? No. But he needs to be on his feet and established enough to be able to provide for his family, and that is fair enough.

So in the end, you would prefer a certain degree of wealth in a man, correct?

Last edited:

Dirius

Well...not me. And I have encountered a lot of women who prefer younger, more attractive-looking but less rich/successful men over the older, more established ones.

Where do you live?

I don't think its about being rich. Thats why the title talks about "wealth", which has varying degrees.

Being "unemployed" or "pennyless" is not a good method to attract women. Having a stable job with a relative good salary is.

Certainly each woman has a different expectation, but this is usually relative to their own socio-economic background to begin with. Some woman may not exactly be on the lookout for a rich man, but they clearly want someone who is on the very least on the same level of income as they are. If a woman is poor then she probably won't end with a man who comes from a wealthy background. A woman that comes from a wealthy background, may date men who are "less" wealthy, but will probably aim for people around her same economic level. She is unlikely to go out with unemployed or poor men.

Sure there are exceptions to this - I know one actually... of a wealthy woman who ended up reuniting and marrying her highschool boyfriend (who was much poorer than her). But these are not exactly the norm, and the feelings between them developed when money wasn't a concern. The other is when you have an ugly wealthy person with a very attractive less wealthy person.

Most of my female friends are in their mid to late 20's or early 30's now, and none of them would date a guy who is unemployed or broke. Most of them won't even have a one night stand with a guy who is unemployed or broke. Maybe when they were younger it was another story - but then again they were not on the lookout for somethiing stable, they were just having fun.

Last edited:

wan

To both of the posters above:

I actually agree with you, that a man cannot be flat broke or unemployed. This is in fact how I feel, too. He needs to be able to put a roof over his head and stand on his own two feet. But once a man reaches this threshold, his bank accounts become increasingly un-important to me. I look at other things, things that are way more important.

When I said "wealth", I do mean wealth. Men with lots of money, men who otherwise have nothing going for them--old, ugly, with no charm (some people call this "no game"), or otherwise having zero commendable qualities. They probably think by having amassed obscene amounts of money, women will flock to them. Well, yes, but only the gold-diggers and women that are generally of low quality.

Dirius

To both of the posters above:

I actually agree with you, that a man cannot be flat broke or unemployed. This is in fact how I feel, too. He needs to be able to put a roof over his head and stand on his own two feet. But once a man reaches this threshold, his bank accounts become increasingly un-important to me. I look at other things, things that are way more important.

When I said "wealth", I do mean wealth. Men with lots of money, men who otherwise have nothing going for them--old, ugly, with no charm (some people call this "no game"), or otherwise having zero commendable qualities. They probably think by having amassed obscene amounts of money, women will flock to them. Well, yes, but only the gold-diggers and women that are generally of low quality.

I suppose every woman has a different treshold as you mentioned, but in a sense, all women do expect a sense of provision from the man they get involved with.

Lot of girls with daddy issues who actually like older guys though. I know girls with good jobs who are only attracted to guys who are 10-15 years older than them.

And there are also women who want that rich lifestyle who are not gold diggers. Not all of them expect the man to be the sole provider, they just want someone who is equal so they can together have a wealthy lifestyle. But in order for this to happen, the man does need a certain degree of wealth, and they will not date someone who is on a lower income tier. I mean most college educated women with succesful jobs, usually end up dating/marrying college educate men with succesful jobs. It is very rare they don't.

Last edited:

Dirius

Well, yeah, that's what I stated above, and I make no apologies for that either.

What I mean is that, in the end you kind of disagree with the original poster (the person who made this post on another forum)

Women want wealth and status. The debate should be about what degree of wealth and how much status each individual women aims for, which is relative to the woman's own economic status or level of attractiveness, but in the end most women want this.

The original poster is probably a poor unnattractive woman or man who can't get what she/he desires, but (if woman) slutty enough to get some action from attractive men. So she rationalizes her view of the world in a manner which removes fault from herself, and pins it on something else.

Last edited:

multiple

Account Closed
this sort of thing is highly politicized these days.

you'll typically find people on the right saying yes they do. while people on the left saying no they don't. there are exceptions of course but this is how the majority is these days. why? because the line of thinking women are drawn to men with status, power, wealth is intrinsically linked to redpill thinking and this group is typically more right wing anti feminist.

Dirius

this sort of thing is highly politicized these days.

you'll typically find people on the right saying yes they do. while people on the left saying no they don't. there are exceptions of course but this is how the majority is these days. why? because the line of thinking women are drawn to men with status, power, wealth is intrinsically linked to redpill thinking and this group is typically more right wing anti feminist.

Yeah here is also your typical leftwing male
u_-T7SnHBx4doiDjEcZu6jH1flmfgpWVVXY-FCeLXHI.jpg

YvyVlIh.png

Z

Last edited:

wan

Women want wealth and status. The debate should be about what degree of wealth and how much status each individual women aims for, which is relative to the woman's own economic status or level of attractiveness, but in the end most women want this.

Then I must be an exception (although I am not sure how rare).

When I look at pictures of men who are "wealthy and high status", the first thing I notice is how old and ugly most of them are. They just plain make me want to throw up. And I have seen in real life, where women (beautiful ones) favouring youthful, attractive men who are neither rich nor of high status.

I can almost prove this. Think of all those women who do marry rich, successful men. Some of them cheat on their husbands, often with men such as the pool-boy, guys who are of low socio-econimc status yet good-looking. This should tell you what women truly desire. They marry up because their brain tells them this is a good move, but in their gut, they still prefer the young and hot.

Dirius

Then I must be an exception (although I am not sure how rare).

When I look at pictures of men who are "wealthy and high status", the first thing I notice is how old and ugly most of them are. They just plain make me want to throw up. And I have seen in real life, where women (beautiful ones at that) favouring youthful, attractive men who are neither rich nor of high status.

I can almost prove this. Think of all those women who do marry rich, successful men. Some of them cheat on their husbands, often with men such as the pool-boy, guys who are of low socio-econimc status yet good-looking. This should tell you what women truly desire. They marry up because their brain tells them this is a good move, but in their gut, they still prefer the young and hot.

Having sex with someone has nothing to do with wealth. There are lot of attractive rich men who can pick up women without even bringing up the subject of money.

But if the woman had to choose between dating the pool guy, or his identical rich twin brother, she would probably go for the twin brother.

Dirius

No.... I don't disagree with the OP, but if you really want to think that then I can't be bothered going back and forth with you anymore on it.

You said you wouldn't get with a broke man. Isn't that contradictory to your statement that you don't care about wealth? Saying you don't care about wealth means you don't care about his economic status at all, but to some degree, you seem to do.

wan

Having sex with someone has nothing to do with wealth. There are lot of attractive rich men who can pick up women without even bringing up the subject of money.

But if the woman had to choose between dating the pool guy, or his identical rich twin brother, she would probably go for the twin brother.

Not sure what you are trying to say. I am not saying that all rich men have no game. I brought up my example to illustrate the principle that what women are truly attracted to are youth and good looks, not status and wealth.

wan

You said you wouldn't get with a broke man. Isn't that contradictory to your statement that you don't care about wealth? Saying you don't care about wealth means you don't care about his economic status at all, but to some degree, you seem to do.

I think she meant that the guy does not have to be super-rich for her to feel attraction.

Dirius

Not sure what you are trying to say. I am not saying that all rich men have no game. I brought up my example to illustrate the principle that what women are truly attracted to are youth and good looks, not status and wealth.

If that were true, most women would usually date younger men. They don't.

Usual dating range for women tends to be within 3 or 4 years older than themselves.

wan

The original poster is probably a poor unnattractive woman or man who can't get what she/he desires, but (if woman) slutty enough to get some action from attractive men. So she rationalizes her view of the world in a manner which removes fault from herself, and pins it on something else.

Are you talking about me, Dirius?

wan

If that were true, most women would usually date younger men. They don't.

Usual dating range for women tends to be within 3 or 4 years older than themselves.

And its not because they don't want to, it's because they can't. Younger hot guys typically want young, hot girls.