Obstacles and Crossroads...

ICEYOU28

I know I post questions on here a lot, but I use mystical disciplines in an effort to understand what is happening to me.

I study 'Transportation Design' at an institute in Detroit Michigan. A few days ago I found out I failed a very critical class for the second time and now I am contemplating if I should return to the school or not. I gave it my all and I still failed. We're going to try to appeal the grade, but I don't know if that will work. I just refuse to take the class over for a 3rd time. I have talent and I know deep down I have what it takes to become a Car Designer, because I've improved my skill set drastically over the past year and half but these people just can't see it. It seems like something always gets in the way.

An astrologer told me 'Uranus Square Sun & Neptune' would be transiting my natal chart till at least after my birthday. He said it would bring upon great obstacle and test my ability to withstand change and to stay on the path I have chosen. Is all this an effect of the transits? My father became really sick over the past few weeks while I was at school and was admitted to the hospital, thankfully he's return home now and getting better slowly but surely everyday. However this added extra stress that I didn't need when I was at school. More concerning is that my father handles all my financial obligations with my school and because he's sick I am unsure if I'll be returning for another semester anyway. I've returned to my old job for the 3rd time, but I'm just not happy with where I'm at in life. I feel like I'm stuck, and I see a lot of my high school friends are wrapping up college and/or getting married, having kids.

Will things get better for me? I don't know what to do and I'm starting to feel somewhat depressed about all this. Should I give up?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_keith_halstead.19266.20581.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_keith_halstead.19266.20581.gif
    64.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

waybread

Can you say something about which class you failed? I take it that it wasn't the creative design part (cool car!) but something more like math or physics. I ask because different subjects would have different rulers in the chart.

I am a retired academic, and recall way too many students who were struggling in a class, but who would never meet with me or their TA when I would write on a failed test for them to see me if they would like extra coaching in a subject. Or sometimes they would sort of blow off a failed test, thinking, "Oh, well: I'll just work hard and do better next time." These are more study habit issues than anything else.

So the professorial question I would have, is why do you think you failed these subjects? Is this something that extra tutoring could help? Do you want your design career badly enough to do whatever it takes? Or does your program's emphasis on the failed subject convince you that the field of transportation design isn't what you thought it was? Have your goals changed?

My son studied architecture in school. He's a very creative person, but struggled with the math and physics. He did finally scrape by, but decided to switch to a major in design. He does architectural design now as a career, but just needs a licensed architect to sign off on any plans. And that works for him. Can you think of some comparable strategy in your design field?

Last edited:

waybread

You're welcome. ;)

This doesn't mean that the program is wrong for you. That's a separate issue. It means that right now you are going through a period of unwanted upset and change. The best way to take a Uranus transit is to open yourself up to new, unexpected events. Capricorn may prefer to cling to the known and comfortable, but with Uranus, this isn't an option.

It's mostly the sun of interest here. Neptune and Uranus both move slowly, so your entire age cohort will be affected. But in general, with a transit to Neptune,something you thought was very real may prove to be an illusion, or something that you didn't think was true may turn out to be real.

ICEYOU28

This doesn't mean that the program is wrong for you. That's a separate issue. It means that right now you are going through a period of unwanted upset and change. The best way to take a Uranus transit is to open yourself up to new, unexpected events. Capricorn may prefer to cling to the known and comfortable, but with Uranus, this isn't an option.

It's mostly the sun of interest here. Neptune and Uranus both move slowly, so your entire age cohort will be affected. But in general, with a transit to Neptune,something you thought was very real may prove to be an illusion, or something that you didn't think was true may turn out to be real.

Looking at my chart will things get better?

obsidianmineral

I know I post questions on here a lot, but I use mystical disciplines in an effort to understand what is happening to me.

I study 'Transportation Design' at an institute in Detroit Michigan. A few days ago I found out I failed a very critical class for the second time and now I am contemplating if I should return to the school or not. I gave it my all and I still failed. We're going to try to appeal the grade, but I don't know if that will work. I just refuse to take the class over for a 3rd time. I have talent and I know deep down I have what it takes to become a Car Designer, because I've improved my skill set drastically over the past year and half but these people just can't see it. It seems like something always gets in the way.

An astrologer told me 'Uranus Square Sun & Neptune' would be transiting my natal chart till at least after my birthday. He said it would bring upon great obstacle and test my ability to withstand change and to stay on the path I have chosen. Is all this an effect of the transits? My father became really sick over the past few weeks while I was at school and was admitted to the hospital, thankfully he's return home now and getting better slowly but surely everyday. However this added extra stress that I didn't need when I was at school. More concerning is that my father handles all my financial obligations with my school and because he's sick I am unsure if I'll be returning for another semester anyway. I've returned to my old job for the 3rd time, but I'm just not happy with where I'm at in life. I feel like I'm stuck, and I see a lot of my high school friends are wrapping up college and/or getting married, having kids.

Will things get better for me? I don't know what to do and I'm starting to feel somewhat depressed about all this. Should I give up?

15673256_10202501153605587_76298277_n.jpg

*One of my car drawings*
15722412_10202517320169741_2112720171_n.jpg

Trust me, don't give up on that school. You should never give up. It's the only way. It may be a painful experience now, but keep in mind that if you do leave that school, that pain will last forever, whereas if you don't, that pain will only last for a period of time.

katydid

You say that you failed the class. Was it a huge fail---by a lot of points with no chance of passing? Or was it a matter of some low scores on tests or missing work?

Did you have no idea how to pass because you did not understand it or was it a matter of needing to work harder or be more organized?

If you really do not understand the material then maybe you need to tweak your major and find a niche more suited to your talents.

david starling

:uranus: in Aries isn't a debilitating Square to having it in Capricorn, but it would make it difficult to focus on the grunge requirements that have nothing to do with creativity, which is your forte. It's like an obstacle course.

Last edited:

ICEYOU28

Can you say something about which class you failed? I take it that it wasn't the creative design part (cool car!) but something more like math or physics. I ask because different subjects would have different rulers in the chart.

I am a retired academic, and recall way too many students who were struggling in a class, but who would never meet with me or their TA when I would write on a failed test for them to see me if they would like extra coaching in a subject. Or sometimes they would sort of blow off a failed test, thinking, "Oh, well: I'll just work hard and do better next time." These are more study habit issues than anything else.

So the professorial question I would have, is why do you think you failed these subjects? Is this something that extra tutoring could help? Do you want your design career badly enough to do whatever it takes? Or does your program's emphasis on the failed subject convince you that the field of transportation design isn't what you thought it was? Have your goals changed?

My son studied architecture in school. He's a very creative person, but struggled with the math and physics. He did finally scrape by, but decided to switch to a major in design. He does architectural design now as a career, but just needs a licensed architect to sign off on any plans. And that works for him. Can you think of some comparable strategy in your design field?

You say that you failed the class. Was it a huge fail---by a lot of points with no chance of passing? Or was it a matter of some low scores on tests or missing work?

Did you have no idea how to pass because you did not understand it or was it a matter of needing to work harder or be more organized?

If you really do not understand the material then maybe you need to tweak your major and find a niche more suited to your talents.

I guess I just wasn't good enough to be moved on to the next level in my teacher eyes, I certainly disagree with this however. There was students in my class that were able to move on that I was clearly better than. I turned in all the assignments throughout out the semester and he just ended up failing me at the last minute.

He's a Bas**** for it...and I refuse to take it all over again. So on Monday we are going to try appealing it. I feel confident in my refined abilities... my experience is greater now. I know I can excel I just have to get to that next class to fully show my abilities

Last edited:

ICEYOU28

Today I respectively resigned from my job after 3 years, I just hope it isn't something I regret. I was ready for a change however.

ICEYOU28

I knew of these Uranus transits heading into the semester, I thought I could beat them, but in the end I guess I couldn't.

15822461_10202543383941319_757074416_n.jpg

katydid

I knew of these Uranus transits heading into the semester, I thought I could beat them, but in the end I guess I couldn't.

One good thing about Uranus transits is that although they often rip some things away, they usually open up new doors for us as well.

Also, you may do some work of some kind and then go back to your original goals, in a different way, as a newly 'refined' person. Uranus forces us to see the truth and LIVE THE TRUTH. :alien:

katydid

So I guess that means your appeal did not work. :sad:

So sorry that you have to deal with such a difficult situation when you were so set on that goal.

How are you doing with it all right now? Raw and uncertain? :sideways:

ICEYOU28

Uncertain, I haven't heard back from my chair in regards to the appeal, but since the semester has already started there's not much hope now and because of my father's sickness we haven't been able to register for the semester yet either.

Circumstances...I'm about to turn 22, I'm jobless, I have no girlfriend, I'm not in school and I'm just not happy with where I'm at in my life right now...

Also, you may do some work of some kind and then go back to your original goals, in a different way, as a newly 'refined' person. Uranus forces us to see the truth and LIVE THE TRUTH. :alien:

Well I'm thinking about dropping out now and possibly going to a new school which offers the same program. *sigh* I just don't know...I feel like a loser.

Last edited:

waybread

ICEYOU28, I'm sorry that you're going through a rough patch just now. But all kinds of successful people have them. And please don't define your success by the standard markers of age 22.

In reflecting on your posts, I wonder-- are you teachable or not teachable? This sounds like an odd question, but speaking as a retired academic, some students will sit in a classroom, yet virtually refuse to let someone teach them anything. If you return to your program or begin a new one elsewhere, please take this question to heart. This isn't a matter of your personal pride, but if you sign up for a department's academic program, they call the shots, not the students. OK, OK, you say you know this, but do you really get that it is critical for your academic success?

ICEYOU28

ICEYOU28, I'm sorry that you're going through a rough patch just now. But all kinds of successful people have them. And please don't define your success by the standard markers of age 22.

In reflecting on your posts, I wonder-- are you teachable or not teachable? This sounds like an odd question, but speaking as a retired academic, some students will sit in a classroom, yet virtually refuse to let someone teach them anything. If you return to your program or begin a new one elsewhere, please take this question to heart. This isn't a matter of your personal pride, but if you sign up for a department's academic program, they call the shots, not the students. OK, OK, you say you know this, but do you really get that it is critical for your academic success?

I am teachable, I wouldn't have made the progress I saw myself make in the past year with. However, there was instances where some of the teachers in my department claimed that I wasn't listening to them. I do the assignments and everything I am told and they still say that.

I don't know, perhaps it stems from Mercury Conjunct Uranus (which is being amplified from the Uranus transits)? I've heard people with this aspect tend to say that they couldn’t stand school and that they didn’t get the best grades, but at the same point these people are highly intelligent and creative. I have this aspect.

Either way I still got good grades in my Major courses the past semester except for the one class I mentioned. If I don't hear anything more about the appeal on by Thursday I guess I'm going to take the semester off... I really don't know what's going to happen.

Last edited:

ICEYOU28

Because of this, I don't know about my future anymore, I am uncertain if I'll succeed. I want the power and the success, I want to become an Automotive Designer! But if all these transits keep on telling me it's not meant to be then I guess it was just a pipe dream...

Edit: Just read this about a designer... crazy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lešnik

Last edited: