Eye Color and Aspects?

katydid

The genetic code runs into families, sometimes skipping a generation in the manifestation of physical characteristics, and so do the astrological affinities.

What I am trying to say here, is that genetic code does not have to contradict astrological affinities, but they may complement each other. In fact, I was thinking about opening a new thread in one of the next days, as soon as I would be ready with the families I am checking at the moment, exactly pointing into the astrological affinities within a family. Since admittedly there is genetic code, and since we most agree there are also astrological affinities between the members of the same family, why can't we say that there is also an "astrological code" and that these two "codes" complement each other and both lead into similarities at physical level? In other words, if both parents have Sun/Moon/Asc in fire earth combination and the child too, and no-one of the three has a planet close to the Asc to get a big impact on the physical characteristics, wouldn't these three people show an affinity in the physical characteristics or at least wouldn't the child somehow look similar to both?

Is the grandchild's natal chart in any way close to her grandfather's?

I'm not sure, but he does look like he has a lot of taurus energy. And they are neighbors so I can find out someday.

I agree with your 'astrological /genetic' code theory. There could be strong correlation there. If there is a connection to DNA and astrological codes embedded there, then Dane Rudyhars belief that the conception chart is THE main indicator may gain some strength. :cool:

waterheavy

Hubby has Leo sun, Aqu rising: amazing hazel green eyes with warm gold flecks

My Sag rising, Neptune 1st: my deep brown eye are entirely genetic, but the look of them draws strong responses from people (both positive and negative). The most common descriptions are "innocent" or "lost."

athan

I don't think the color has anything to do with my Aries rising (the reddish brown part is just a coincidence)
Why not????

however perhaps being an Aries rising is the reason my eyes are so bad. I'm actually legally blind =p
They say that Aries rising makes the individual ''suffer'' in the head... I have noticed a lot of Aries rising people having marks on their face...or suffer from headaches.. or as a matter of fact Scorpio rising people too...I guess it has to do with the effects of the Marsian energy on the face...But let's stick on the eye colour since that's the thread about!!!

I agree with everyone who says the "mood" of eyes comes through rather than the color, as I've been told I have a "determined" look and an intense stare, compliments of my moon, mars and pluto in Scorpio.
I have been told too that I look determined (inside I am not always... ) I think it's my Ascendant in Scorpio and my Mars having an expressive placement (5th House).

athan

I have Scorpio rising and Uranus in 1rst House conjunct my Asc.
So I was born with deep brown eyes..but the last 9 years I go around with my blue contacts on....lol
my ex has never known the true color of my eyes...we were together for 2 years... lol

The traditional ruler of my Ascendant is in 5th House Pisces...so I guess running around with eye contacts is something natural...:whistling:

athan

I agree with your 'astrological /genetic' code theory. There could be strong correlation there. If there is a connection to DNA and astrological codes embedded there, then Dane Rudyhars belief that the conception chart is THE main indicator may gain some strength. :cool:

I second that!!!

AquaScorpio

Why not????

They say that Aries rising makes the individual ''suffer'' in the head... I have noticed a lot of Aries rising people having marks on their face...or suffer from headaches.. or as a matter of fact Scorpio rising people too...I guess it has to do with the effects of the Marsian energy on the face...But let's stick on the eye colour since that's the thread about!!!

I have been told too that I look determined (inside I am not always... ) I think it's my Ascendant in Scorpio and my Mars having an expressive placement (5th House).

Well if you believe eye color is affected by ASC then why not eye condition haha. I'm just going along with the physical characteristics here. The reddish tinge COULD be from my Aries ASC but my dad has pretty much the same color and his ASC is in Taurus. I agree about Scorpio and Aries having pretty much the same flow of Martian energy in looks and other places.

smilingsteph

I'm not sure, but he does look like he has a lot of taurus energy. And they are neighbors so I can find out someday.

I too love what Vinyasa said here! That theory is something worth looking into.

Is there a book or something on that?

I do agree Katydid that there is something to genetics Lol! I do believe that nature gives you the looks. That is why I sort of am against that whole, you got venus square your ASC then your looks will be afflicted. I dont think I am horrendous looking, nor do I spend hours looking at myself in the mirror. However, I do have a self-esteem issue at hand. Maybe it is not the square that affects my looks but how I feel about myself. So many things to consider here!
:wink:

gaer

I would say that astrology should be able to identify "astrological X-factors" that indicate what gentic traits might dominate. I have never done any research in this direction. My father had dark hair. My mother had red hair. Both had blue eyes. Blue eyes for my brother and me were very likely, but we are both red-headed, and that is not likely. :)

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

i got a scorpio rising and my eyes are dar dark brown, almost black someone told me my eyes look souless, lol i dont know what to contribute that to. I got alot of planets touching my ascendant tho including neptune, the only thing i get from the neptune aspect is people always ask me whats wrong and what am i thinking about when really im just being nosey and observant

i dont know what mercury and venus would do for my eyes, om guessing nothing?

Lulu-B

The Encyclopedia of Medical Astrology, H.L. Cornell, M.D., gives for eye colors:

Blue Eyes: :jupiter: gives soft blue eyes; :jupiter: conj or opp :venus: in any part of the
map tends to give; indicated by :venus:; :venus: ruler of the Asc., and ori., fine blue eyes; the sextile and trine aspects of :venus:; :venus: signs :taurus: or :libra: on the Asc; :mercury:in :libra:; the :sun: and :venus: in :libra:, and especially in the Asc. and with :libra: rising; :cancer: on the Asc. gives small bluish or gray eyes; :sagittarius: on Asc., fine clear blue or grey eyes.

Brown eyes: the :sun: or :moon: in :gemini:; :jupiter: rising in the Asc.; :venus: sig in :gemini:; indicated by :mercury:; :gemini: on the Asc.

Hazel eyes: -Dark Brown- :gemini: or :aquarius: give this, and with these on the Asc.; :gemini: gives good piercing hazel eyes; :mars: rising at birth; :mars: gives sharp, piercing hazel; :venus:in the Asc.; dark hazel or black; :venus: sig. in :gemini:, hazel or brown; born under :venus: sparkling dark hazel; :gemini: on the Asc. dark hazel

Greenish: The :sun: indicates greenish gray eyes; :saturn: indicates greenish or greenish gray;:venus: sig. in :cancer:, small greenish or gray.

Black eyes: :saturn:lord of the Asc., and occi., as between the M.C. and the Desc., or between the Nadir and the Asc.; :saturn: Asc. small balack and deeply set; :saturn: denotes small black and leering eyes; :venus: strong at birth sometimes gives black eyes; :venus: sig. in :taurus:, generally black and very expressive; :venus: in the Asc. , dark hazel or black; born under :venus: sparkling black eyes; a :mercury: person generally has black or gray eyes, but when :mercury: ascends at birth, and is free from the reys of other planets, the eyes are neither gray nor black; :mercury: Sig. of the person in Hor'y Questions; :mercury: in :libra: black or gray.

Gray eyes: The :moon: gives; the :moon: ascending at birth; the :moon: indicates greenish gray eyes; the Moon sign :cancer: gives, and with :cancer: on the Asc.; the :cancer: on the Asc. tends to give small gray eyes; indicated by the :sun: and :mercury:, :saturn: gives a greenish gray eye; :jupiter: ascending, large grey eyes; born under :jupiter: gives full gray eyes; :mars: ascending at birth; :venus: Sig. in :cancer:, small gray; the sextile and trine aspects of :venus: to the :sun:, :moon:, and planets; :mercury: in :libra:, gray and black; :mercury: as Sig. in Hor'y questions indicates one with gray or black eyes; a :mercury: person generally has gray or black eyes; :mercury: ori. of the :sun: except when :mercury: is in :gemini:; :sagittarius: on Asc., fine clear blue or gray eyes.

Last edited:

Lulu-B

If anyone wants to hear what it says about size and shape of eyes just post that, I think I relate to what it says of that more so than the color.

ALST123

Hi,

My eyes change colour apparently. They can be blue, grey or green, but are naturally light in hue. I can purposefully change their colour depending on which colour eye make-up I wear, and can also make them look darker and larger. My eyelashes are black, incidentally, even though my hair is dark blonde. I generally wear lots of black eyeliner etc to go with all my black clothes!

I have Capricorn rising, with Venus, P.F. and Jupiter in my h1, plus BM Lilith conj my ascendent. No surprises there then!

:biggrin:

smilingsteph

The Encyclopedia of Medical Astrology, H.L. Cornell, M.D., gives for eye colors:

Blue Eyes: :jupiter: gives soft blue eyes; :jupiter: conj or opp :venus: in any part of the
map tends to give; indicated by :venus:; :venus: ruler of the Asc., and ori., fine blue eyes; the sextile and trine aspects of :venus:; :venus: signs :taurus: or :libra: on the Asc; :mercury:in :libra:; the :sun: and :venus: in :libra:, and especially in the Asc. and with :libra: rising; :cancer: on the Asc. gives small bluish or gray eyes; :sagittarius: on Asc., fine clear blue or grey eyes.

Brown eyes: the :sun: or :moon: in :gemini:; :jupiter: rising in the Asc.; :venus: sig in :gemini:; indicated by :mercury:; :gemini: on the Asc.

Hazel eyes: -Dark Brown- :gemini: or :aquarius: give this, and with these on the Asc.; :gemini: gives good piercing hazel eyes; :mars: rising at birth; :mars: gives sharp, piercing hazel; :venus:in the Asc.; dark hazel or black; :venus: sig. in :gemini:, hazel or brown; born under :venus: sparkling dark hazel; :gemini: on the Asc. dark hazel

Greenish: The :sun: indicates greenish gray eyes; :saturn: indicates greenish or greenish gray;:venus: sig. in :cancer:, small greenish or gray.

Black eyes: :saturn:lord of the Asc., and occi., as between the M.C. and the Desc., or between the Nadir and the Asc.; :saturn: Asc. small balack and deeply set; :saturn: denotes small black and leering eyes; :venus: strong at birth sometimes gives black eyes; :venus: sig. in :taurus:, generally black and very expressive; :venus: in the Asc. , dark hazel or black; born under :venus: sparkling black eyes; a :mercury: person generally has black or gray eyes, but when :mercury: ascends at birth, and is free from the reys of other planets, the eyes are neither gray nor black; :mercury: Sig. of the person in Hor'y Questions; :mercury: in :libra: black or gray.

Gray eyes: The :moon: gives; the :moon: ascending at birth; the :moon: indicates greenish gray eyes; the Moon sign :cancer: gives, and with :cancer: on the Asc.; the :cancer: on the Asc. tends to give small gray eyes; indicated by the :sun: and :mercury:, :saturn: gives a greenish gray eye; :jupiter: ascending, large grey eyes; born under :jupiter: gives full gray eyes; :mars: ascending at birth; :venus: Sig. in :cancer:, small gray; the sextile and trine aspects of :venus: to the :sun:, :moon:, and planets; :mercury: in :libra:, gray and black; :mercury: as Sig. in Hor'y questions indicates one with gray or black eyes; a :mercury: person generally has gray or black eyes; :mercury: ori. of the :sun: except when :mercury: is in :gemini:; :sagittarius: on Asc., fine clear blue or gray eyes.

Wow lulu that was very intersting. What about the size of the eye?

Although some dont agree that the rising sign plays a role in eye color it is still very interesting.
The Aqua rising part fits me perfect. I have hazel eyes that sometimes turn light brown.

Reyka

But genetics is still going to take over. --2 blue eyed parents are rarely going to have a dark eyed child, even if the kid does have pluto in scorpio on the asc. :devil:
We were having a similar conversation with a friend a while back.
She was very clear stating that genetics prevents two blue eyed parents from having a dark eyed child. Whereas, two dark eyed parents can conceive a baby with blue or green eyes.
As a matter of fact she has blue eyes, and so does her husband, and they had a lovely blue eyed girl 3 months ago. :joyful:

It's just that way- it's Mendel's "Laws of Heredity" or "Mendelian inheritance".

I have often wondered whether those rules imply an astrological rule as well!-> your baby will have this or that Ascendant depending on you and your partner's eyes, hence depending on your Ascendants or influencing Planets...
That would be interesting to figure out! Vinyasa I look forward to that new thread of yours!!

And, yep Lulu, that was interesting, THANKS!

Last edited:

gamzatti

Reyka your friend is wrong ,she has it the wrong way round as her own experience would seem to prove.2 blue eyed parents would be very unlikely to have any other than blue eyed children. parents with blue eyes and brown eyes respectively could have either as the blue eyed gene is recessive[brown eyes could have had blue eyed parent or grandparents]so you have the blueeyed gene passed on from the brown eyed parent. when you have 2 brown eyed parents they will have usually brown eyed children as the brown gene is predominent in that situation. not sure it would be impossible for them to have a blue eyed child.
In my own situation I had a blue eyed father and a brown eyed mother.my eyes are greeny hazel[sagittarius rising as it happens ]and my brothers eyes are blue. grandparents were 3of them blue and 1 brown.
My husbands eyes are blue as are all his family,and our 3 children are all blue eyed. I doubt if we would ever have had a child with any other colour.I think eye colour is inherited in the same way as blood groups with recessive hidden genes coming to the fore. Gamzatti:kissing:

Reyka

Reyka your friend is wrong ,she has it the wrong way round as her own experience would seem to prove.2 blue eyed parents would be very unlikely to have any other than blue eyed children. parents with blue eyes and brown eyes respectively could have either as the blue eyed gene is recessive[brown eyes could have had blue eyed parent or grandparents]so you have the blueeyed gene passed on from the brown eyed parent. when you have 2 brown eyed parents they will have usually brown eyed children as the brown gene is predominent in that situation. not sure it would be impossible for them to have a blue eyed child.
In my own situation I had a blue eyed father and a brown eyed mother.my eyes are greeny hazel[sagittarius rising as it happens ]and my brothers eyes are blue. grandparents were 3of them blue and 1 brown.
My husbands eyes are blue as are all his family,and our 3 children are all blue eyed. I doubt if we would ever have had a child with any other colour.I think eye colour is inherited in the same way as blood groups with recessive hidden genes coming to the fore. Gamzatti:kissing:
Yes, Gamzatti, we agree on the topic. In fact, it was my mistake- I wrote the wrong word- it would have been:
"genetics prevents two blue eyed parents from having a dark eyed child",
that is what my friend did say. I just edited my post.

And, as I said, two dark eyed parents can have light-coloured eyed children.

gamzatti

Oh I jumped in a bit too quick there.Do you know it did occur to me as I wrote it that maybe it was you got your friends information wrong way as you said she was certain.not to worry as we seem to have sorted it out now.interesting subject and I've always wondered why my brother got the blue eyes. Hazel eyes even if you can make them look green or amber with good light or makeup are so boring.Although my husband likes them and calls them brown it makes me wonder if he's ever really looked at them.:sad: