D9 and D60 charts

conspiracy theorist

Hello sirs,

I am requesting some information on the nature of these two charts. I have done some reading on the matter and I would appreciate any response that would help to illuminate my query.

thank you kindly.

RaRohini

Hi CT !

The D9 Navamsa chart is the divisional chart for the 9th house and it represents one's next life or astral body or psycho emotional experience. It is said that the experience with spouse or partner or the Almighty Himself or Herself determines our next life. So people do consult D9 for questions regarding spouse. But it will be a useful tool only if birth time is fully accurate.
The D60 chart represents our 'Sanchit Karmas' ..past karmas the fruits of which will be reaped or suffered in the current lifetime. So it represents our past deeds. Twins may have different D60 charts as it changes by the second.
I am not an expert in these and i hesitate to predict based on these as it may affect my karma !!

mathur_dinesh

These derived charts (sixteen in number if you look for the major ones) are specific amplifications of the birth chart and are read in the context of the birth chart, never as independent charts. :smile:

muchacho

The D9 chart is the most important of the divisional charts. You need it to calculate the strength of planets. That's its most basic use. If you have an exact and trustworthy birth time, then you can read the D9 chart as the chart of your higher self (or astral body, as RR has already mentioned) and just delineate it like a normal chart. By doing that, the D9 chart can give additional information regarding any life topic, not just marriage or spirituality. As MD already mentioned, the D9 chart should be looked at in combination with the rasi and other divisional charts (if you should use them). The D9 chart is not going to override anything what you read in the rasi, it only modifies the influences seen in the rasi.

If you are going to delineate the D9 like the rasi, then you should keep in mind that the rasi refers to our personality on the material/physical plane of existence, the divisional charts refer to your personality on the lower nonphysical plane. So you have to interpret standard house and sign meanings in a more abstract way than you normally would.

theV

In western Astrology, the 12th Harmonic is important like the 9D along with your numerology chart (your birthday). Harmonic astrology tells you about the people you'll encounter in lifetime. The degrees of Harmonic are important. People who comes to your life will have a personal planet conjunct that harmonic degree.

You are right. Signs and houses are interpreted in an abstract way. The harmonic houses are not active, but the signs are somehow. The signs seems to give clue about the karmic relationship you'll have in these lifetime. They also seem to describe your personality. When a Harmonic planet makes an aspect to a natal planet, it is considered as an actual aspect. I use conjunction and opposition only with tight orb.

In your case, You have 12th harmonic Sun in 27 Capricorn and 10th harmonic (2+8=10) Sun in 09 Gemini. People whose natal Sun is intercepted on the 27 Cap/09 Gemini will share karmic relationship with you. Appleo as an example has his Natal sun 0 Leo opposite your Harmonic sun.

The Aquarius/Leo is strong in your Harmonic charts and you are likely to attract people with strong Aquarius/Leo axis. other strong Harmonic axis:

Capricorn/Cancer,Scorpio/Taurus.

Harmonic Sun conjunct Natal Uranus is aspect seen in natal chart like Nikola Telsa, Rupaul, Robert De niro. This aspects either make a connection to electricity, actors and comedians, drag queen. It is the most frequent aspect in prestigious actors who won Oscars. And Scientists like Telsa and Edison who studied electricity (Uranus rules electricity). Uranus also seems to rule dreams, visions, clairvoyance in harmonics.

Sun/Pluto conjunct Harmonic Saturn is not so good. It is shown in the chart of killers and people who undergo violent temper or tragic life. OJ simpson have this aspect in his chart along other people who had an unfortunate life.

Harmonic Sun/Pluto with Natal Mercury= penetrative mind, investigator.

I think you are rather an accomplished person academically and might be a quite genius. Sun Saggitarius/Moon in Aquarius will get you interested in Philosophy, Science, Human revolution.

Attachments

• cther.jpg
    cther.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

muchacho

The D-9 chart is actually based on Nakshatras (lunar mansions) which are considered the original signs. And vedic astrology is a Moon based astrology. That's why the D-9 chart is of such importance in vedic astrology. Somehow that got lost in translation in western astrology.

Crystalpages

The D-9 chart is actually based on Nakshatras (lunar mansions) which are considered the original signs. And vedic astrology is a Moon based astrology. That's why the D-9 chart is of such importance in vedic astrology. Somehow that got lost in translation in western astrology.

Well, due to their zodiacal preference, finer vargas would not have worked in that system, anyways, much after Ptolemy's era when the sidereal and tropical zods were yet not that far apart...!

muchacho

The importance of the Moon shows up in many ways in vedic astrology.

1) Nakshatras: They are considered the original signs and have priority over the Sun signs.

2) Lagnas: Chandra Lagna is the most important of the alternate Lagnas and the Chandra Lagna chart is basically equal to the Rasi chart.

3) House rulership: The actual ruler of a house is not the ruler of the sun sign the house is located in, the actual house ruler is the Nakshatra lord (or pada lord) where the mid point of a house is located.

4) Vargas: The most important and most universal of the Vargas is the Navamsa which Nakshatra (pada) related.

5) Dashas: The most widely used Dasha is the Vimshottari Dasha which is Nakshatra related.

6) Transists: Transists are usually analyzed from Chandra Lagna.

7) Moon phases: Depending on the Moon phases one would interpret transit charts differently and also calculate the Vimshottari Dasha differently.

duenderoja

the importance of the moon shows up in many ways in vedic astrology.

1) nakshatras: they are considered the original signs and have priority over the sun signs.

2) lagnas: chandra lagna is the most important of the alternate lagnas and the chandra lagna chart is basically equal to the rasi chart.

3) house rulership: the actual ruler of a house is not the ruler of the sun sign the house is located in, the actual house ruler is the nakshatra lord (or pada lord) where the mid point of a house is located.

4) vargas: the most important and most universal of the vargas is the navamsa which nakshatra (pada) related.

5) dashas: the most widely used dasha is the vimshottari dasha which is nakshatra related.

6) transists: transists are usually analyzed from chandra lagna.

7) moon phases: depending on the moon phases one would interpret transit charts differently and also calculate the vimshottari dasha differently.

❤️💛💚💙💜<3<3<3<3

Crystalpages

Jyotish -- Lunar...?

Hello Muchacho,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I read your posting with great interest. You have provided a few indicators of jyotish (a term that is better descriptive than those used in English language even by Indians, such as, vedic astrology, Hindu astrology and a few more) in support of jyotish being lunar based. The importance of Moon is undeniable, particularly in the delineation of transits and a few progressions (dashas) which utilize natal moon as the "seed". That jyotish, unlike other forms of astrology, relies on asterisms or nakshatras is one of its unique features. Nakshatras, however, automatically do not imply their Association with the Moon alone! So calling jyotish nakshatra-based as opposed to lunar-based sounds more appropriate.

Sudarshan chakra uses both luminaries as well as lagna thereby giving all three an equal importance. When available, most jyotishis would prefer to use ascendant over the moon sign simply for precision [couple of hours versus couple of days!]

While vimshottari has been popularized primarily due to convenience of calculation, one cannot ignore the fact that many other dashas exist, a fair number of which are not seeded by the natal moon.

You have highlighted the importance of Moon sign in transits but despite anecdotal but unsubstantiated claims by a handful of proponents these are generally considered secondary in importance to even dashas [vimshottari and others]. Candidly put other than patchy accounts online and off-line their relative importance in the general scheme of delineation and prediction remains less than well demonstrated.

tithi (as opposed to nakshatra) a popular time measure in EPHEMERIS is a luni-solar derivative!

D9 is considered a useful divisional, though over-represented in selective articles etc. however in recent decades the consideration of other already existing [BPHS etc.] divisionals cannot be denied though simultaneous and comprehensive utilization of several divisionals poses problems for beginners who tend to shy away from those. Vimshopak lays out some useful pointers in this regard. The nakshatra quarters (charan or paya) do coincide with the D9 segments [in the 27-nakshatra scheme] astronomically however they are not automatically astrologically concordant.

Jyotish relies heavily on interplanetary relationships and combinations which are known as yogas and arishtas. The moon plays a part in these considerations but so do the rest of the planets.

Jyotish also relies significantly on ashtakavarg and much has been written about that. It is not related to moon alone.

The more I look at it, while Moon is a significant consideration in jyotish delineation in practice, calling jyotish as lunar astrology or for that matter calling tropical astrology (West) as solar or sun sign astrology do not seem appropriate. Both of these systems are way more than such labels would imply.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

The importance of the Moon shows up in many ways in vedic astrology.

1) Nakshatras: They are considered the original signs and have priority over the Sun signs.

2) Lagnas: Chandra Lagna is the most important of the alternate Lagnas and the Chandra Lagna chart is basically equal to the Rasi chart.

3) House rulership: The actual ruler of a house is not the ruler of the sun sign the house is located in, the actual house ruler is the Nakshatra lord (or pada lord) where the mid point of a house is located.

4) Vargas: The most important and most universal of the Vargas is the Navamsa which Nakshatra (pada) related.

5) Dashas: The most widely used Dasha is the Vimshottari Dasha which is Nakshatra related.

6) Transists: Transists are usually analyzed from Chandra Lagna.

7) Moon phases: Depending on the Moon phases one would interpret transit charts differently and also calculate the Vimshottari Dasha differently.

muchacho

Re: Jyotish -- Lunar...?

Hello Muchacho,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I read your posting with great interest. You have provided a few indicators of jyotish (a term that is better descriptive than those used in English language even by Indians, such as, vedic astrology, Hindu astrology and a few more) in support of jyotish being lunar based. The importance of Moon is undeniable, particularly in the delineation of transits and a few progressions (dashas) which utilize natal moon as the "seed". That jyotish, unlike other forms of astrology, relies on asterisms or nakshatras is one of its unique features. Nakshatras, however, automatically do not imply their Association with the Moon alone! So calling jyotish nakshatra-based as opposed to lunar-based sounds more appropriate.

Sudarshan chakra uses both luminaries as well as lagna thereby giving all three an equal importance. When available, most jyotishis would prefer to use ascendant over the moon sign simply for precision [couple of hours versus couple of days!]

While vimshottari has been popularized primarily due to convenience of calculation, one cannot ignore the fact that many other dashas exist, a fair number of which are not seeded by the natal moon.

You have highlighted the importance of Moon sign in transits but despite anecdotal but unsubstantiated claims by a handful of proponents these are generally considered secondary in importance to even dashas [vimshottari and others]. Candidly put other than patchy accounts online and off-line their relative importance in the general scheme of delineation and prediction remains less than well demonstrated.

tithi (as opposed to nakshatra) a popular time measure in EPHEMERIS is a luni-solar derivative!

D9 is considered a useful divisional, though over-represented in selective articles etc. however in recent decades the consideration of other already existing [BPHS etc.] divisionals cannot be denied though simultaneous and comprehensive utilization of several divisionals poses problems for beginners who tend to shy away from those. Vimshopak lays out some useful pointers in this regard. The nakshatra quarters (charan or paya) do coincide with the D9 segments [in the 27-nakshatra scheme] astronomically however they are not automatically astrologically concordant.

Jyotish relies heavily on interplanetary relationships and combinations which are known as yogas and arishtas. The moon plays a part in these considerations but so do the rest of the planets.

Jyotish also relies significantly on ashtakavarg and much has been written about that. It is not related to moon alone.

The more I look at it, while Moon is a significant consideration in jyotish delineation in practice, calling jyotish as lunar astrology or for that matter calling tropical astrology (West) as solar or sun sign astrology do not seem appropriate. Both of these systems are way more than such labels would imply.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
CP, when I tell you that I follow a vegetable based diet, do you then conclude that I live on vegetables alone? Just checking how your logic works.

Crystalpages

CP, when I tell you that I follow a vegetable based diet, do you then conclude that I live on vegetables alone? Just checking how your logic works.

It is not about me or you or personal diet preferences, Muchacho. Even if ones nourishment and calories are coming from a meat and potato/salad version of diet, calling it vegetable-based would be inaccurate.

duenderoja

It is not about me or you or personal diet preferences, Muchacho. Even if ones nourishment and calories are coming from a meat and potato/salad version of diet, calling it vegetable-based would be inaccurate.

Depends on the person's point of view.

I am a liberal vegetarian, in that I see my diet as primarily plant-based. I eat meat, but only sparingly.

As opposed to someone else who may eat primarily meat and only vegetables sparingly.

In the same way, I highly agreed with muchacho's write up because that is how I have learned jyotish.

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Depends on the person's point of view.

I am a liberal vegetarian, in that I see my diet as primarily plant-based. I eat meat, but only sparingly.

As opposed to someone else who may eat primarily meat and only vegetables sparingly.

In the same way, I highly agreed with muchacho's write up because that is how I have learned jyotish.

That is fair duenderoja. My aim in asking my question re "lunar-based" was not to criticise or question anyone's personal beliefs or zone of comfort, etc. There exist many views about jyotish, such as:
1. it is a spiritual discipline and must be accompanied by devotional-religious-spiritual base. It had been the forte of priests etc for numerous decades and longer so the bias is understandable. Like any divination jyotish can benefit from psychic abilities which are believed to improve with a spiritual focus.
2. A popular view exists that jyotish can have an edge in predictive work as opposed to other dominant schools which are better at describing the psychological make up of individuals and their psychodynamics. Some of this stems from different socio-cultural needs of the regions of application as well as the backgrounds of its proponents and teachers, etc.
3. Jyotish is a lunar system. Moon is important, but so are the rest of the planets and non-lunar considerations, so highlighting just one is probably not the right thing to do.

Nakshatras are definitely a unique feature in jyotish, just as asteroids and trans-sats are in western, but calling tropical as asteroid or trans-sat based astrology would not be an accurate reflection of it, I think. Just to reiterate: nakshatras are not lunar factors if one puts thought into the consideration.

Jyotish is star-based, one can say. Its zodiac is based on star patterns (as opposed to the earth-based seasonal one) and it uses the 27/28 segment classification which too is star-based.

Anyways, whether you or others agree or not with the above, as long as you are using the system properly, the essence of jyotish is being served. No polls or petitions or voting is necessary ;-)

Regards,

Last edited:

muchacho

Then we are talking past each other.