Hello To All

Fox Fur

Hi there,

I am new to this site and have five+ years of astrology study under my belt at this point. I am finally starting to "read" charts and have my first appointment scheduled this coming Saturday. I feel confident, however the inevitability that it won't go "as planned" is a bit unnerving even though I know that is the nature of the practice.

I agree with aspects of both traditional and modern approaches to astrology. I don't believe in labeling a placement as "bad" or "good," nor am I interested in predictions based on a natal chart.

I'm interested in developing my practice around the belief that when people have an astrological perspective on themselves, they will have more awareness and therefore more "control" when navigating their own lives. At least this has been the case for me personally. I had my first astrological chart consultation in October of 2010 and it changed the course of my life and the way I view my own circumstances dramatically.

I look forward to conversing with others in this community.

Thank you.

JUPITERASC

Hi there,

I am new to this site and have five+ years of astrology study under my belt at this point.
I am finally starting to "read" charts and have my first appointment scheduled this coming Saturday.
I feel confident, however the inevitability that it won't go "as planned" is a bit unnerving
even though I know that is the nature of the practice.

I agree with aspects of both traditional and modern approaches to astrology.
I don't believe in labeling a placement as "bad" or "good,"
nor am I interested in predictions based on a natal chart.

I'm interested in developing my practice around the belief that when people have an astrological perspective on themselves,
they will have more awareness and therefore more "control" when navigating their own lives.
At least this has been the case for me personally.
I had my first astrological chart consultation in October of 2010
and it changed the course of my life and the way I view my own circumstances dramatically.

I look forward to conversing with others in this community.

Thank you.
Hello Hi and welcome Fox Fur :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=438408#post438408

I don't consider myself advanced, but relative to the forum, I probably am.

It takes years of study to become a basically competent astrologer

able to understand a good range of astrological 'issues'.

People spend their lives doing it, and learn all the way

Look at lots of charts. Take some charts and really work them.
Figure out what makes particular people tick, why they are what they are and not something else.
Look at the charts of extraordinary people.
Look at the charts of people experiencing temporary but notable changes and try to figure out what's going on.
Document it.

I get very opinionated on this matter, but I think most astrologers aren't working with a full toolkit, so no wonder it's tough.
A lot of what is lost to the West still lives in the East.
You need to explore everything, or you're likely to have huge holes in your knowledge and skillset.

If I want to look at what's relevant to a person at any given time, I read their dashas.
People aren't the same throughout their life.
You can't just look at the natal and know which parts of it are temporally more significant.

Some 'aha' moments I can recall;

Understanding the importance of houses and house rulerships
Discovering the dasha system
Realising the significance of mutual exchanges
Realising the value of 'turned' houses
Getting to grips with naabhasa yogas

It's probably more like a trickle of useful things that I found and studied and applied
and then became part of a body of knowledge.

Fox Fur

I should add that I am starting to see friends, no charge in order to do exactly what you are suggesting - so its practice, not professional.

JUPITERASC

I should add that I am starting to see friends,
no charge in order to do exactly what you are suggesting
- so its practice,
not professional.
and so you shall appreciate the opportunity provided by our forum
where members provide brief, incomplete readings for free
because members learn by practicing
:smile:

Sir Zodiac

Good luck with your Astrology project, i hope that you use astrology to get the timing right with your client, so the energy is right and it is a successful meting for you and your client.

Kind Regards

Sir Zodiac