making a living?

libradragon

I've been working as a musician for about 10 years, really struggling to make it financially. Many people say how nourishing and healing they find my music, it's beautiful, soul-stirring, definitely keep with it, etc. etc. And I _think_ venus is the strongest planet in my chart (followed by Neptune?).
People keep asking me to play for free, or use the recorded music without paying for it. Here's my chart:

7672489eb55aa56c9.gif

img%5D

I had a successful career in forestry, given up when I moved to the UK 3 years ago. Great stuff happening spiritually here, and still making lovely music. Just can't seem to get traction to make a living. E.g., in a group that sings incredibly gorgeous music but we can't get permission from the copyright holders to record what we sing!

With Leo on the Midheaven, performing seems right. Lots of things pointing to Neptune, and the spiritual aspect is really vital to my music.

But I need to make a living!

Any insights would be _very_ much appreciated.

With thanks,

Libradragon

hermetic

ruler of the 6th in 10th in Leo points to a public career. career may be real fine, yet it doesn't always have to translate to financial issues. look at the 2nd house for that

2nd house cusp in critical degree 29 scorpio could point to unease with finances. Saggitarius intercepted with it's ruler Jupiter - retro and attacked by Mars, Neptune and Saturn. Hard aspects mean money won't come easily.
Troubles and delays in career may come from sun it 12th, while it is very fortunate to have leo on MC, sun hidden in 12th hinders this a bit.
I do not know much more then to see this, but to me, it sounds you are in a really good spirit when you talk about your work, if it really fills you up this much and gives you pride, maybe you shouldn't even be bothered by making money from it. People loving your music seems most important. Neptune in 1st is indeed an artistic and very spiritual, and there certainly has to be a reason you are on this path even with all the difficulties.
I am sure your music gave you many things money never could.
Any possibilities of working some other part time job to get money from?

Last edited:

libradragon

Now that's interesting. I've been telling myself if this is my path, then it should be working out financially. As you point out, though, the non-financial rewards have been significant.

Presumeably money wouldn't come easy in a part-time job, either, But I could definitely do things that would bring in a bit. It'd leave much less time and energy for music, but so it goes.

2nd house cusp in critical degree 29 scorpio could point to unease with finances.
Wanting to underrstand this better, and what a "critical degree" is. Do I treat the Mars/Pluto or Jupiter as the ruler of the 2nd?

With thanks,

LibraDragon

aquarius7000

Hi,

Hermetic has delineated that quite well, and I just wanted to point out a couple of things: firstly, whilst the lord of your sixth house: Mars sits in your tenth, showing that what you practise as a routine/ daily job can actually shape out to be the big thing, ie your profession, meaning you can make a real career out of it, and will invest a lot of energy, plus be active in it; yet this Mars stands in opposition to Saturn - and Saturn can cause delays, and also asks for perseverance before it gives you your due - that real breakthrough. Having said that, I do think that breakthrough will come, which I base on the sextile (supporting aspect) between Mars in tenth and Sun (lord of tenth), as well as Sun's trine to Saturn (again delay, but also stability and long-lastingness).

Another thing, notice that your Nodes are placed in both your finance houses (second and eight), so this is your 'karma' - something that will involve some struggle to achieve, but is your direction in this life.

To your question about the critical 29th degree - this degree of a sign is considered the weakest point of that sign - it is as if the sign (constituted of 30°) is in its 'old age' at that point, so to speak, and, so is considered too feeble to live out its power/potential, and so the next sign automatically gains importance. Now, just like your 2nd house begins at the critical 29th degree, so does your bigger finance house: the 8th house (also known for the finances gained through others), too. Like I said, the next sign after the critical 29th degree becomes relevant, but in your chart, both the succeeding signs (ie, Sag - 2nd house, and Gemini - 8th house) lie intercepted (energies/potential is somewhat blocked and needs extra effort to be welled out).

So, all in all, I think it's just a question of delay and some extra effort, but, as they say - where there's a will there's a way.

Hope this clarifies matters a bit & good luck,
:)aquarius7000

libradragon

Cool -- that's really helpful to understand better about the 29 degree house cusps, and also your insights on the opps and trine. I'm feeling a bit more encouraged with energy to continue. That's been how it has been for years, something giving a bit more energy to continue for a bit longer...

Interesting also with the finances, as through an unexpected windfall (8th house north node) I got enough to take the financial pressure off for a while, but I'm feeling it's really, really important to learn to earn my living through the music. It's an irrationally strong instinct.

You mentioned the nodes. When I moved to the UK, without realizing it I moved _exactly_ (within 1 degree) of my south node on the ASC in my relocated chart. Coincidence?

It's not an easy place to be, but it feels like the most helpful place to be for personal evolution. BTW, the relocated chart puts Neptune in the 10th and the sun in the 9th, which feels fantastic for spiritually-inclined music.

Thanks a bunch,

LibraDragon

Last edited: