Random Thoughts, strictly Text

leomoon

Good is good - lesser, greater, middling - makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary, the definitions blurred, if I’m to choose between one good and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Interesting opinion. But I haven't put it into proper context yet (with the other posts) but perhaps will when I have time to read.

Meanwhile Edgar Cayce said many times, "The sin of omission is worse then the sin of commission". In other words, omitting to do right when we know in our heart its the right thing to do. He explained that Jesus forgave the sinners who repented, but brought to mind, those who omitted doing right by another when they could have. Seems its more about the heart, then the brain & logic.

Of course even this concept (right vs wrong) can be argued ad-infitum from Descartes, to St. Thomas Aquinas, to Spinoza, and on and on and on.... I dabbled in philosophy admittedly, but I always try and come back to the simple rules.

"Do unto others as you have them do unto you" known as the Golden Rule.
I saw a little face once upon a time, long ago, on CCF (Christian Children's Fund), and my husband and I decided to take that child on,by doing so, it turned out to be the entire family of 5 kids and the parents too., and do what we'd want done for ourselves. I use to call my husband an Athiest, but really we are both Agnostics, although I've worked on him for 50 years now, and he's finally come around a bit. He was never an AThiest, just thought he was, :devil:

Point being, we were in a LOT of personal pain, and regardless of that at the time, and reason behind "doing the good and right", it was a wonderfully spiritual experience for all of us. We wrote to him twice a month, he wrote back, as he grew up. It was a Muslim family btw, so we learned background of the culture at the same time. We were lucky enough to be able to share some of our bounty for 10 years until he became a teenager, and I even dreamed of him often. I wish I could gather all needy people in the world, and cannot stand to see suffering around me.

Funny aside, during this time, another child caught my eye, a Christian this time in Kenya. The family I mentioned was in Senegal. But the other in Kenya, whose biggest dream in life was to have an Umbrella to walk to school with, his uncle told us. Such a simple request I thought, and of course, he had his umbrella and food that month.

They have since changed their name but same location:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChildFund
I think they always had a rather good rating and they certainly do keep in touch with you to answer any questions or to gain the information you want of your sponsored child. i.e. "what does the family need?" (be careful of that one, lol) I thought " a bookbag for school, clothes? Well,needs came in order of most pressing, like 1) a roof 2) a bed and mattress 3) a stove, etc.

Somehow, we got over the shock of the answer, and they rec'd everything much to my pleasure of affording them their OWN livelihood with the stove. Mom bakes & sells at the beaches. A wonderful cook ,btw.

80cents per every $1.00 is a good rating:
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3499

Its so personally rewarding to give of ourselves when faced with need in the world.

I don't think we should ever do anything to get a thank you either, always remembering that feeds our egos and sort of eliminates the unconditional good that one does.

Plus astrologically speaking, I really believe it "counts" towards a better future lifetime, if indeed anyone believes in such things. Our natal charts reflect what we made of our lives in other experiences, whether these lives all happen at once, or linearly. Jupiter has saved me from terrible losses too, in this lifetime. (I have a double edged sword with Jupiter, but it rules by 9th house) Yet my Jupiter also (the double edged sword) provide my chart with a "definite" loss in the house of my children, and so be it...it was fated.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Perfect examples of why most spiritual but not religious people don't like discussing religion - it takes folks like Opal and Leomoon away from doing the good works that reflect that the hand of the Divine fashioned our own.

''Let your light shine before all men'' doesn't mean that kind of boasting passi. - Matthew 6:3

petosiris

Banned
Christians are taught to give the needy in secret - Matthew 6:3 and to boast only in the Lord - 1 Corinthians 1:31, because they believe there will be a judgement and recompense by a just God who will reveal all works and thoughts of men.

leomoon

''Let your light shine before all men'' doesn't mean that kind of boasting passi. - Matthew 6:3

I try, everyday. (Personally speaking)...

As for helping the poor in other countries, My grief was so great as I tried to say as background, we really found our relief not in churches, not in buildings but in people.

To each their own of course. :love:

note: my son -in -law (Asc & Sun in Capricorn) and a military Naval Academy grad, I recall said to us when we asked our grandchildren (his little ones) if they'd like to send their drawings to Senegal with my letters ----that "we" (his in laws), like doing this because its really for US rather then for Ngagne & his family.

I had to admit, "yes its true".....It helped us immensely which my son in law "should have known" already.

People do what people must to survive. Especially when they lose children.

david starling

I try, everyday. (Personally speaking)...

As for helping the poor in other countries, My grief was so great as I tried to say as background, we really found our relief not in churches, not in buildings but in people.

To each their own of course. :love:

note: my son -in -law (Asc & Sun in Capricorn) and a military Naval Academy grad, I recall said to us when we asked our grandchildren (his little ones) if they'd like to send their drawings to Senegal with my letters ----that "we" (his in laws), like doing this because its really for US rather then for Ngagne & his family.

I had to admit, "yes its true".....It helped us immensely which my son in law "should have known" already.

People do what people must to survive. Especially when they lose children.

Nothing owed, nothing expected. The blessing is shared.

leomoon

What about being saved by faith and not by works? :unsure:

I never quite got that myself. What in the world is it saying in 10 words or less of course? :innocent: :whistling: I do have immeasurable faith however even when occasionally its depleted, it is then regenerated by me. Yet sometimes, its an intellectual thing I have with the saying itself trying to logic it out. Same with a saying on the Gospel of Thomas (if anyone has a clue what it means, I'd love to consider your interp)
http://absentofi.org/2012/05/blessed-is-the-lion-which-becomes-man/

This is my fav:
Love "If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs.Berean Study Bible

I think the keeping no account of wrongs (perceived that is); can be extremely difficult with Scorpio Moons and Scorpio Sun., even Rising (as in my husband's chart. Perhaps with ALL Of us, but seems to me with family members having these positions, the "past" is as good as the "now". :sad: My late mother was Sun Sag, quite an evolved spirit really, even the Vedic Astrologers told me this, because of her reflected Kasari Yoga. (Jupiter/Moon cj.) rising.
And she had a Scorpio ASC. so I'd say not all Scorpios fit the bill I described, only some in my own family (all 3 daughters) and my dear husband who knows better and overcomes well. But speaking of the "propensity" towards the sign's position and strength in one's chart.
Its a matter of willing and overcoming I suppose.
Mom did it. :innocent:

Probably the worse for keeping grudges however, in my immediate realm (other then those who died years ago like 2 aunts, a maternal grandmother, all of them Scorpio Sun - AND 2 daughters (one with Moon in Scorpio, deceased) one Scorpio Rising and the worse of all for keeping the past alive if she felt injured at all would be the Scorpio at the MC.

I know Tad Mann referred to the MC as terribly important angle when souls incarnate. I'll have to refresh my memory by checking his book again. (someday)

I am perpetually sad over it, but everyone has their own free will to choose their path in life.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
What about being saved by faith and not by works? :unsure:

What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead. - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2&version=NASB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTEHF5conY

Opal

Premium Member

Thank you Passiflora, for your kind actions. I have known Leomoon for a long time. In times of ups and downs, we both give what we can, if not money, of our time. Sometimes, time is more important than money. It is not meant to boast, though some may see it that way. It is meant to direct others, who at this time, are unsure of what to do. Having been down on my luck before, I noticed that the cosmos, looked favourably upon me when I gave of myself. If I had no cigarettes, a pack would appear. (I have since quit smoking) If I had no food, it would appear. If I gave of myself, even though things seemed destitute, if I gave of myself, the cosmos made sure that I had what I needed. Not wanted. Needed. So I have people that call me. Some hire me. Some need a ride, or toilet paper or, like yesterday someone to talk to. If that is boasting, I am okay with it.

If you see someone that needs a hand up and not a hand out, consider what is you can do. Do not go beyond reasonability, the cosmos is just looking for what you can do.

Opal

Premium Member
Well, I was cleaning up the garage this afternoon, it never ends:sideways:and I was thinking, I can't afford to buy bedding plants this year. Then I thought about a book sale that I was at last year, it was an estate sale. The people were throwing out bags of seeds that the man had collected over the years, they asked if I would take them, I said okay. But, as my filing goes, I didn't know where to look.

The coronavirus, also has me cleaning my office. Five minutes ago, guess what I found, all the seeds, in a box, in the back of the office closet. :happy: I will have flowers this year. Apparently, maybe some veggies too!

Thanks Cosmos!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

leomoon

Well, I was cleaning up the garage this afternoon, it never ends:sideways:and I was thinking, I can't afford to buy bedding plants this year. Then I thought about a book sale that I was at last year, it was an estate sale. The people were throwing out bags of seeds that the man had collected over the years, they asked if I would take them, I said okay. But, as my filing goes, I didn't know where to look.

The coronavirus, also has me cleaning my office. Five minutes ago, guess what I found, all the seeds, in a box, in the back of the office closet. :happy: I will have flowers this year. Apparently, maybe some veggies too!

Thanks Cosmos!:lol::lol::lol:

What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing it. I love the flowers too, but in the desert rarely can grow them successfully. Perhaps I planted the original garden area higher up away from the rocks in the wrong place, not sure. But like you I'm always grateful to see a burst of color and a new springtime before the heat cooks us all. :surprised: Last year I planted in the winter some crocus and/or daffodils, but was disappointed when nothing much happened. But this year, looks like at least 8 of them are coming forth. Thank god for little favors!:kissing:

As for "faith & works" I think Paul said it well, although not easily repeated. He is saying imo, that its fine to have faith, but what good is it if not accompanied by one's good deeds too.

Thats how I hear it.

Nice fella that Paul, after he saw the light! :wink: Its a shame about all that suffering he caused when he was Paul :( ... I do believe too that in ones last years or even minutes, one can redeem himself too, even after gross sins earlier on. (counting murder as a gross sin, or as Catholics teach, a mortal one that hurts one's very soul.)

Here is a true story about Governor George Wallace of Alabama. He was considered to be a racist of the stronger variety in this far southern State. (well, even in Va. there are plenty today)...not so far south!
But with Wallace, he was (much like Trump today), very popular not just with whites but with some blacks in his State. Many people don't know this about his popularity.

Anyway, during the heated 1960s segregation boast from the Kennedy Administration, George Wallace was told by the Feds that he MUST de-segregate the schools in his State. He pulled a movie stunt like the long time hero head of the N.R.A. and speaking of taking his guns away once roared to a cheering crowd "from my cold dead hands" as a type of dare.
(some say "over my cold dead body)
So too, George Wallace, the Governor stood at the schoolhouse door daring anyone to go past him that day, Federal agents accompanying the young black girl to school for the 1st time.

Well, long story short, it was a terrible time in the 60s, Uranus must have been in full swing.

http://www.ericfrancis.com/planetwaves/sixties.html

From Eric Francis "Planet Waves"
Uranus and Pluto were together in Virgo. Across the sky in Pisces was Chiron, though nobody would know this until 1977, when it was discovered. These are all slow-moving, distant planets, so the pattern held for much of a decade. The basic energy was one of opposition, but also the balancing of a polarity.
Fast forward. Through death, tears, MLK marches, the firehoses of the cops, the help of young idealistic college kids and others (including Bernie Sanders of course), the Southern schools were finally desegregated which was a holdover from the Civil War days. I lived in Maryland, a State called the Mason-Dixon Line but we were more southern then northerners, imo. The dividing line. The man who assassinated Lincoln was from there too. :surprised:
Gov. Wallace ran for the Democratic Party as Presidential nominee just as they are doing today. He came to Maryland (my State) in 1967-68, and since across the street from my job, I went over to the Civic Center to hear him out.
OMG~ you could cut the air with a knife as they say.......awful. The blacks on one side, the whites on another as crowded as any Trump rally would be today.

That is a story in itself to tell another time.

Governor Wallace came back to Maryland again in the following years, and was shot, (attempted assassination) and became paralyzed from it spending the rest of his days in a wheelchair.

Now to my point: ...He said he started to call every single person alive one year and apologized to them (many black people, leaders, churches, etc). asking their forgiveness. He truly was a man who desperately needed healing. He was given it, because people forgave him, based probably on thinking he did a good job for their State (both black & whites)
His wife ran for Governor and took that job over. They liked her too.
Moral of the story? Its never to late to change and do right....The story of Paul/Saul, reminded me of George Wallace in modern times.

Love in action; redemption and faith with works

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace

Wallace won election to another term as Governor of Alabama in 1970 and ran in the 1972 Democratic presidential primaries, once again campaigning for segregation. His campaign effectively ended when he was shot in Maryland by Arthur Bremer, and Wallace remained paralyzed below the waist for the rest of his life. Bremer was sentenced to 63 years in prison for the shooting, which was later reduced to 53 years following an appeal; he served 35 years of the reduced sentence and was paroled in 2007.

Wallace won re-election as governor in 1974, and he once again unsuccessfully sought the Democratic presidential nomination in the 1976 Democratic presidential primaries. In the late 1970s, Wallace announced that he became a born-again Christian and moderated his views on race, renouncing his past support for segregation. Wallace left office in 1979 but reentered politics and won election to a fourth and final term as governor in 1982. Wallace is the fourth longest serving governor in US history having served 16 years and 1 day in office

https://astro-charts.com/persons/chart/george-wallace/

Opal

Premium Member
It is a lovely testament to how one can change if they choose to. Thank you Leomoon!

Many of us were raised in times, where times were changing. Thinking of what you wrote, there was a children's book that I always really liked as a child. Little Black Sambo. When it was banned I was shocked. So, I went to the web, and reread the little book. I was so saddened to find, that I had not seen the racism. At 5, it was just a good night book. At 40something, I got it.

leomoon

It is a lovely testament to how one can change if they choose to. Thank you Leomoon!

Many of us were raised in times, where times were changing. Thinking of what you wrote, there was a children's book that I always really liked as a child. Little Black Sambo. When it was banned I was shocked. So, I went to the web, and reread the little book. I was so saddened to find, that I had not seen the racism. At 5, it was just a good night book. At 40something, I got it.

Here is another true story - That I didn't learn about until 2016 in Egypt where we went for 2 months (Luxor) to stay. I needed something to read one night, as we kept the luggage as light as possible and the book stores although they have english too, didn't have anything that touched me then.

So my husband found on his tablet he bought with him, (like a Nexus) - a few free books one of them this one:

It knocked my socks off, and I devoured it,(kept my interest) as did he when I was done.

The auto-biography of Frederick Douglass (he wrote it himself when he escaped and was older) -

The reason it shocked me and gave me so much info I hadn't known about is because my late mother in law actually lived so close to where he was born that they more then likely went to the same places, although approx. 100 years apart (she was born in 1915, he around 1815)

They BOTH fished at the Pot Pie River, they both talked about the same family sur-names. There are only a few families down on the Eastern Shore of Maryland that are the truly "big names" and their land stayed in the family's descendants.
Here is my mother in laws' short little book we published AFTER she died, so you can see how simple life was then for her.
NEVER once did she mention black slaves near where she lived and never once did we ask her. Of course today, you can go to the Frederick Douglass museum right near where she once lived and was born . She loved that area, and as a Libra Sun tended to romanticize everything even this area.

My mother in law was the girl on the far left of the book's cover:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUKQ178

Talk about shock! Guess what else I read in his very well written (he was highly self-educated too) and even visited the White House as the only Black man invited by President Lincoln there.

Well, turns out when you read his bio, he talks about running away (many times) but landed the final time near the docks (and worked on a ship) , right near where I grew up. A neighborhood called "Canton" in Baltimore Maryland,a neighborhood near the Chesapeake Bay outlet - about 5 city blocks from my home as a child. The houses are all over 100years old, probably far older now, and some say we have slaves quarters there where they were hidden during the Underground Railroad that Tubman helped create. He explains so much about this neighborhood's history during his time there and I know the streets of course, just as my m in law would know both the town of Pot Pie (as she called it) in Wittman, as did Douglass in his biography.

Just a wonderful and free book to read, I promise it will keep you interested.
The book is online in pdf form in different places -

https://resources.saylor.org/wwwres...loads/2011/11/SAYLOR-ENGL405-7.2-DOUGLASS.pdf

(not to spoil the book's content) BUT I had no clue that back then during these times, it was also against the law for a black person to read "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and a free black was arrested for daring to possessing it in his home. I forget what Douglass said his term in prison was for, but a long long time. :(

Remember that Uncle Tom's Cabin was written by one of many Abolitionists by the name of Harriet Beecher Stowe -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom%27s_Cabin

She and her family did a lot to help the slaves in the Underground RR they helped maintain. This link would be far easier to read about her life:

https://www.swl.k12.oh.us/Downloads/tubman.pdf

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

The story has been rewritten without the racism. Sam and the Tigers

Take the racism out of it, and it really is just a charming story. The people in the illustrations are black, but there's no comment on that and no stereotyping.

I was raised to be more aware of racial issues. My mom started talking to me about racism when I was 5. Still, it took me until I was an adult to realize that the expression "gyp" was racist. And I was even more surprised when--I must've been well into my twenties--I heard a story about some black people being highly offended over a flight attendant using the rhyme "eenie meenie minie mo." I grew up with that rhyme, but never knew it used to be "catch a n____ by the toe." I don't think anyone in my generation or younger would be aware of that.

Opal

Premium Member
The story has been rewritten without the racism. Sam and the Tigers

Take the racism out of it, and it really is just a charming story. The people in the illustrations are black, but there's no comment on that and no stereotyping.

I was raised to be more aware of racial issues. My mom started talking to me about racism when I was 5. Still, it took me until I was an adult to realize that the expression "gyp" was racist. And I was even more surprised when--I must've been well into my twenties--I heard a story about some black people being highly offended over a flight attendant using the rhyme "eenie meenie minie mo." I grew up with that rhyme, but never knew it used to be "catch a n____ by the toe." I don't think anyone in my generation or younger would be aware of that.

My Mother was quite sensitive to racial issues. She did not allow certain words to be spoken.

The rhyme, that is how we learned it. Weird, that when I learned it, I had never met one, nor did I know what the word actually meant.