Will he contact me?

lunaluna

Here's the chart:
https://imgur.com/a/xYplFCf

The question is about a love interest. I am interested in the interpretation obvously, but I also want to learn more about horary.

I have some questions about this:

1. Is it important that his co-significator and my significator are on the same degree (sun at 5 pisces, mars at 5 degrees capricorn)? Does it mean anything??

2. Is it relevant that his significator is in my 5th house?

Now, my interpretation: When I looked at the chart, my first instinct was to say yes, he will.. I can't connect all the dots, but: his l3, Sun, is in my third house and there is a sextile between sun and mars. Venus in Aries is ''ruled'' by Mars.

ElenaJ

The short answers are 1) no, 2) yes.
The ascendent is in a late degree, however it exactly aspects Saturn sitting on the 3rd cusp of communications and ruler of the house, by sextile. So the answer would be yes.
Also, sun approaches one of your co-significators, mars, and moon approaches the other, pluto.
His ruler in your 5th shows his intention. His 3rd ruler in your 3rd also reinforces the idea of contact.
Remember to insert the south node as well as the north node. In this case, you are conjunct the south node of karma contacts, so it is relevant.
Sun and mars in the same degree just means they are in aspect.
It would take on more importance if they were in the degree of the nodes.
Venus in the sign of mars, as you write, is positive, and mars is in the natural house of Venus, as well as in the terms of Venus.
Let us know what happens.

lunaluna

The short answers are 1) no, 2) yes.
The ascendent is in a late degree, however it exactly aspects Saturn sitting on the 3rd cusp of communications and ruler of the house, by sextile. So the answer would be yes.
Also, sun approaches one of your co-significators, mars, and moon approaches the other, pluto.
His ruler in your 5th shows his intention. His 3rd ruler in your 3rd also reinforces the idea of contact.
Remember to insert the south node as well as the north node. In this case, you are conjunct the south node of karma contacts, so it is relevant.
Sun and mars in the same degree just means they are in aspect.
It would take on more importance if they were in the degree of the nodes.
Venus in the sign of mars, as you write, is positive, and mars is in the natural house of Venus, as well as in the terms of Venus.
Let us know what happens.

Thank you so much, I learn so much from you!
By the way, what is the natural house? You mean the original order of the Zodiac - Aries, first house, Taurus(hence Venus) the second house etc?
I will keep you updated!

ElenaJ

"you mean the original order of the Zodiac - Aries, first house, Taurus(hence Venus) the second house etc? "

Exactly.

IleneK

Premium Member
I'm going to say no he won't. You like him, since he/Venus is in the sign that you/Mars rules, but he/Venus does not feel the same. And Venus and Mars separate, Moon aspects neither of them, and Venus just perfected an aspect with someone else, Jupiter.
Late rising point may suggest that the matter is a foregone conclusion: the energy has waned; the opportunity passed.
I hope I am wrong.

Please do update.

ElenaJ

Interesting. Actually, I didn't take this as a "will we be together" but as "will he contact me", slightly different.
She will updates us hopefully to know how it turns out.

lunaluna

I'm going to say no he won't. You like him, since he/Venus is in the sign that you/Mars rules, but he/Venus does not feel the same. And Venus and Mars separate, Moon aspects neither of them, and Venus just perfected an aspect with someone else, Jupiter.
Late rising point may suggest that the matter is a foregone conclusion: the energy has waned; the opportunity passed.
I hope I am wrong.

Please do update.

I will update.
I personally think that what you said makes sense. If we put astrology aside and if you ask me will this person contact me, I'd say no, he won't. One of the reasons I asked this question was because I've been watching a lot of tarot readings and ALL of them said that there would be someone returning, which I guess makes sense with the Mercury rx, but the readings described the person and the situation in a way that was really specific so I wanted to see what would the chart say.
I still can't decide whether it's a yes or a no, because there are some indications of contact in the chart, but then again, there are things that also point out that there will be no contact.
And, a question: I simply can't fully understand receptions! Venus is in the sign which Mars rules, doesn't it mean that Venus is interested in Mars? I get different interpretations and just can't figure out how to look at it.

lunaluna

Interesting. Actually, I didn't take this as a "will we be together" but as "will he contact me", slightly different.

With or without astrology, I think that the answer to the will we be together question is - no, we won't. Anyway, I'll keep you updated. Is there a way to see from the chart when the contact could happen?

ElenaJ

Reception is when two planets who are not in aspect, become tied or connected because they are, for example, in each other's sign or house or terms, etc. By means of the reception they are as though in aspect, they have a correspondence between them that wouldn't otherwise exist.
In the case of Venus in the sign of mars, it is deposed by mars, is captured by mars, is under the power of mars.
This is one way energy.
If mars is also in the triplicity, house, terms, etc of Venus, then both planets are on some level exchanging energy and are communicating between them.

lunaluna

Reception is when two planets who are not in aspect, become tied or connected because they are, for example, in each other's sign or house or terms, etc. By means of the reception they are as though in aspect, they have a correspondence between them that wouldn't otherwise exist.
In the case of Venus in the sign of mars, it is deposed by mars, is captured by mars, is under the power of mars.
This is one way energy.
If mars is also in the triplicity, house, terms, etc of Venus, then both planets are on some level exchanging energy and are communicating between them.

I think that I do get that part of what receptions are, more or less. I've read about it, I've asked here on the forum about it, but still can't say that I understand it fully. For example, in this chart, Venus is in Aries. I'm Mars here, so the quesited is in the house I rule, hence, interested in me. But, IlenaK interpreted it in another way, saying I was the one interested and he's not (maybe because Venus is in detriment). That's the part I don't understand.
When we have ONE WAY energy, who's the one that's ''interested''? The one received or the one receiving?

ElenaJ

"In the case of Venus in the sign of mars, it is deposed by mars, is captured by mars, is under the power of mars.
This is one way energy."
Venus goes into mars territory, it is captured by mars. It is under the influence of mars. So Venus in this case is interested. And goes way out towards mars territory.
Venus takes onto herself mars energy. She becomes martian like. She assimilates mars. She likes mars.
Mars on the other hand is in a house that has Venusian qualities, the second house, natural house of taurus ruled by Venus. So mars is in Venus territory.
So each is entering the other's zone. There is contact here.
It is not as strong as when they exchange signs, like a mars in taurus and Venus in Aries, but it still is present.
Now, please, out of curiosity why do you think he won't contact?

lunaluna

Now, please, out of curiosity why do you think he won't contact?

I just don't see it happening, I don't know why would he. It's an ex, we don't really have a future together, although we haven't really moved on. Maybe he did actually move on, I don't know, but I haven't completely yet. What I'd like is closure, that's why I'd really like to talk with him, just to have an open conversation and clear some unresolved issues, but he doesn't seem as the type that would be willing to do so, at least he wasn't the last time we talked.

ElenaJ

I still see him contacting you, but also you mars are conjunct south node, karma.
Mars also rules your 12th, subconscious, deep secrets, seclusion.
You are suffering as you say. Mars approaches a sextile with Neptune, ruler of the IC, the 4th of end of the matter. With closure, you will end it.

lunaluna

I still see him contacting you, but also you mars are conjunct south node, karma.
Mars also rules your 12th, subconscious, deep secrets, seclusion.
You are suffering as you say. Mars approaches a sextile with Neptune, ruler of the IC, the 4th of end of the matter. With closure, you will end it.

You're right about it being karmic - I've thought about it so many times. The way we met, the way we fell for each other even though it was always obvious there is no future for us, the way we keep coming back to each other, it all just screams karma. And the 12th house stuff too, the suffering I'm going through is a product of discovering some of the 12th house themes - buried traumas, more or less, I've remembered some bits I had forgotten and I'm learning about myself - karmic lesson, definitely.
I'll update if you're right about the second part as well, me being the one that finally ends it.

IleneK

Premium Member
She will updates us hopefully to know how it turns out.

I really liked and agreed with your delineation, Elena. And yet this alternative interpretation spoke to me and I decided to just take a chance and say it. It certainly may not be correct.
It should be interesting to see what happens.

IleneK

Premium Member
I think that I do get that part of what receptions are, more or less. I've read about it, I've asked here on the forum about it, but still can't say that I understand it fully. For example, in this chart, Venus is in Aries. I'm Mars here, so the quesited is in the house I rule, hence, interested in me. But, IlenaK interpreted it in another way, saying I was the one interested and he's not (maybe because Venus is in detriment). That's the part I don't understand.
When we have ONE WAY energy, who's the one that's ''interested''? The one received or the one receiving?

Let's talk about it in another way.
The way I like to think of it is that he/Venus is wearing the sign, Aries, that you as Mars associate with dignity. You like what you see. So you are attracted to, are receptive to, this person who wears the sign of your dignity. It makes that person appealing to you.

So now we have explained how you are very receptive to him/Venus because how you see the sign that Venus wears favorably. This is not true in reverse, though: Venus does not see you/Mars wearing the sign of Capricorn favorably. Venus doesn't dislike Mars, but is more neutral than how Venus feels toward Mars.

Then looking at the individual strength of your significators, you are very strong in this matter as Mars in its exaltation. It means a lot to you. He is weak, since Venus is in the sign of its detriment in Aries. So not a lot of energy available for the matter you raise here.

I hope this sheds some light on your question.

lunaluna

Let's talk about it in another way.
The way I like to think of it is that he/Venus is wearing the sign, Aries, that you as Mars associate with dignity. You like what you see. So you are attracted to, are receptive to, this person who wears the sign of your dignity. It makes that person appealing to you.

So now we have explained how you are very receptive to him/Venus because how you see the sign that Venus wears favorably. This is not true in reverse, though: Venus does not see you/Mars wearing the sign of Capricorn favorably. Venus doesn't dislike Mars, but is more neutral than how Venus feels toward Mars.

Then looking at the individual strength of your significators, you are very strong in this matter as Mars in its exaltation. It means a lot to you. He is weak, since Venus is in the sign of its detriment in Aries. So not a lot of energy available for the matter you raise here.

I hope this sheds some light on your question.

Thank you. So far, this interpretation seems correct, there has been no contact so far. :smile: