Understanding the "big picture" of a natal chart

scc

Hi,

I have been researching astrology for a while now and understand what the signs, houses, and aspects (to a certain extent) indicate about one's personality. I can see the details, but I am having trouble piecing the details together, like having all the puzzle pieces but not knowing what the picture is supposed to look like!

I cannot look at a chart and make out what it indicates for the big picture—what you are meant to learn and how to develop in this life. I've read that understanding your chart and the struggles and lessons it lays out for you is very helpful to working towards the right life path and overcoming struggles/lessons. I would like to understand my own chart in this way, and hopefully be able to help others one day.

If someone could look at my chart and analyze these things and explain how you can understand how all the small details come together into a big picture, I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 12.07.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 12.07.27 PM.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 21

JUPITERASC

Hi,
I have been researching astrology for a while now
and understand what the signs, houses, and aspects (to a certain extent) indicate about one's personality.

I can see the details, but I am having trouble piecing the details together, like having all the puzzle pieces
but not knowing what the picture is supposed to look like!

I cannot look at a chart and make out what it indicates for the big picture
- what you are meant to learn and how to develop in this life.
Begin with the PLANET :smile:
so then
since you have mentioned an interest regarding the personality
find and study the planetary ruler of the Ascendant sign
because

Main Rulerships of 1st House are:

'....Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.

Older sources note 1st House influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.
In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression

As well as describing the physical appearance,
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength...'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

I've read that understanding your chart and the struggles and lessons it lays out for you is very helpful to working towards the right life path and overcoming struggles/lessons.
I would like to understand my own chart in this way, and hopefully be able to help others one day.

If someone could look at my chart and analyze these things and explain how you can understand how all the small details come together into a big picture, I would be very grateful.
Virgo ascendant is ruled by MERCURY
next step is to assess the condition of natal MERCURY
by delineating its SIGN and HOUSE placement