Is my Jupiter in the 11th or 12th House?

GeminiSun

:whistling:

Attachments

• astrology.png
    astrology.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 48

JUPITERASC

Is my Jupiter in the 11th or 12th House?
:whistling:
THE HOUSE LOCATION OF A PLANET MAY CHANGE
DEPENDENT ON THE HOUSE SYSTEM CHOSEN :smile:

There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.

Placidus is simply the default

In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
A planet in the SIGN of Aries
was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect houses as we know them today did not exist :smile:

Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks
and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed
or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees

and their opposites

were definite power points
or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant

previous detailed discussion

at WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

SunConjunctUranus

If you go out and observe the sky logically and rationally about your birth chart, it's all very clear that Jupiter is in the Southeast from the perspective of the local sky. It means that the position of Jupiter in your birth chart is 32° from the East [Ascendant]. So, Jupiter is empirically in the 12th house. In my opinion, only people who do not wholeheartedly answer your questions that say otherwise.

Last edited:

GeminiSun

If you go out and observe the sky logically and rationally about your birth chart, it's all very clear that Jupiter is in the Southeast from the perspective of the local sky. It means that the position of Jupiter in your birth chart is 32° from the East [Ascendant]. So, Jupiter is empirically in the 12th house. In my opinion, only people who do not wholeheartedly answer your questions that say otherwise.
I don't really understand because I relate to Jupiter in the 11th House way more. Other then times of public breakdown lol, I've always had a strong support sense of support from people, sometimes even strangers, and I do feel like my "group associations" really benefit me. And the whole event planning and everything is sooooo me.

But ugh, guess I have to read up on 12th House Jupiter more. Sounds like an absolutely horrid placement and to be honest not that relatable for me.

IleneK

Premium Member
Which one is like the one I should take seriously?

I would take both placements seriously.
You might want to examine the arenas of life that the 11th and 12th represent and then explore which Jupiter placement resonates for you the most.
You can also consider that Jupiter partakes of both houses on some level.
Over time, it will become clearer to you where Jupiter manifests most in your chart.

IleneK

Premium Member
I don't really understand because I relate to Jupiter in the 11th House way more. Other then times of public breakdown lol, I've always had a strong support sense of support from people, sometimes even strangers, and I do feel like my "group associations" really benefit me. And the whole event planning and everything is sooooo me.

But ugh, guess I have to read up on 12th House Jupiter more. Sounds like an absolutely horrid placement and to be honest not that relatable for me.

I did not see this when I wrote my last post.
Given this, I think you should consider your Jup in the 11th. It is clearly in the 11th using Placidus houses and perhaps a number of other house systems as well.

greybeard

House systems are arbitrary. Pick the one you like and use it.

I believe it is still true that most western astrologers use Placidus (I do). Many use Whole Sign. Both have their advantages.

Houses are tools, the brush in the hand of the artist.

I have a 12th house Jupiter. I like it. It has saved my skin many a time.

Houses depict "Surrounding Circumstances". They are fixed in the Earth, not the heavens of the Signs, which show "Function".

Last edited:

GeminiSun

I did not see this when I wrote my last post.
Given this, I think you should consider your Jup in the 11th. It is clearly in the 11th using Placidus houses and perhaps a number of other house systems as well.
Well, I guess I spoke too soon, or didn't do enough proper research. But this girl totally explained me so well. I always just thought I was messed up mentally because of my Gemini Sun and strong Pluto/Scorpio on the Ascendant, but gosh this makes so much sense. And no duh I didn't "realize" it, wherever the 12th House is will make people a little delusional or kind of "blind" in that area... Which is why I despise the 12th House, especially as an 8th House Sun because I feel like I'm not scared of the truth but I guess I have A LOT of self-reflection to do!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ETJxasScU
I pray I am not some extremely delusional person who doesn't even realize it :unsure: LOL

GeminiSun

House systems are arbitrary. Pick the one you like and use it.

I believe it is still true that most western astrologers use Placidus (I do). Many use Whole Sign. Both have their advantages.

Houses are tools, the brush in the hand of the artist.

I have a 12th house Jupiter. I like it. It has saved my skin many a time.

Houses depict "Surrounding Circumstances". They are fixed in the Earth, not the heavens of the Signs, which show "Function".
How do you personally feel like this energy has played out for you? x

greybeard

Whole chart.

Nothing stands alone.

General tone of the map...themes?

Aspects to the planet, its condition. Does it have dignity? Ditto with its lord.

My Jupiter is in the 12th degree of Gemini (in his exile), 3° from the 12th cusp. It is stationary direct, as is Uranus. Each of these beholds a minor applying aspect to Moon, lord of the horoscope, within degree. Moon beholds no other applying aspect.

So these two minor aspects play a vital role in determining life course.

Jupiter is trine Venus and Sun, both 8th house. Mercury, lord of Gemini, is in 8th, rx and combust, squared by Saturn and Uranus. Very poor condition, heavily afflicted.

Last edited:

GeminiSun

Whole chart.

Nothing stands alone.

General tone of the map...themes?

Aspects to the planet, its condition. Does it have dignity? Ditto with its lord.

My Jupiter is in the 12th degree of Gemini (in his exile), 3° from the 12th cusp. It is stationary direct, as is Uranus. Each of these beholds a minor applying aspect to Moon, lord of the horoscope, within degree. Moon beholds no other applying aspect.

So these two minor aspects play a vital role in determining life course.

Jupiter is trine Venus and Sun, both 8th house. Mercury, lord of Gemini, is in 8th, rx and combust, squared by Saturn and Uranus. Very poor condition, heavily afflicted.
Ugh, lucky! I feel like your Jupiter in the 12th worked out well.

And I don't even know what all of that means as a whole but I know enough to know it is bad. Mental anguish has been like "my thing" since as long as I can remember. I am thankful I have been in a great place since Saturn left Sagittarius though.

greybeard

The 12th is the house of mourning. It holds sadness, tears, hardship, bondage. It is also liberation from bondage, escape, freedom from suffering, dissolution of the ego. Aha! Freedom comes through/from dissolution of the ego. The chains are broken when the ego is no more.

Gandhi said something to the effect that no man can attain to spiritual enlightenment who has not first become more humble than the dust beneath his sandals. Selflessness. Very 12th house. The lonely and painful road to ultimate freedom. Destroy the ego. Become Nothing, become All.

Once the ego has been vanquished, there is nothing that can be hurt. The "self" no longer interferes with making rational choices as we meet what is.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Hi GeminiSun

I forgot to respond your thread. Well first and foremost, the important thing is we should understand the logic of the house system. If one doesn't know the logic of the house system then don't believe it instead until one understand the logic of the house system. I believe, one can make a concrete conclusion rather then consuming negativity on your thoughts. And also there is no horrid placement by only looking at one placement. So be wise and good luck!

Last edited:

GeminiSun

The 12th is the house of mourning. It holds sadness, tears, hardship, bondage. It is also liberation from bondage, escape, freedom from suffering, dissolution of the ego. Aha! Freedom comes through/from dissolution of the ego. The chains are broken when the ego is no more.

Gandhi said something to the effect that no man can attain to spiritual enlightenment who has not first become more humble than the dust beneath his sandals. Selflessness. Very 12th house. The lonely and painful road to ultimate freedom. Destroy the ego. Become Nothing, become All.

Once the ego has been vanquished, there is nothing that can be hurt. The "self" no longer interferes with making rational choices as we meet what is.
You know what's so funny about your post? I used to be OBSESSED and like super motivated to achieve certain personal things, like I would fight like crazy to try and get them until I would be mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. As SOON as I gave up, stopped caring and allowed myself to enjoy life accepting that I may NEVER get what I want, THAT'S when the things that I've wanted for years just naturally "came" to me. lol.

GeminiSun

Hi GeminiSun

I forgot to respond your thread. Well first and foremost, the important thing is we should understand the logic of the house system. If one doesn't know the logic of the house system then don't believe it instead until one understand the logic of the house system. I believe, one can make a concrete conclusion rather then consuming negativity on your thoughts. And also there is no horrid placement by only looking at one placement. So be wise and good luck!
Thanks for the input :kissing:

Shanti

Nothing to contribute to this thead. But sharing some impressions.
Different techniques and methods in astrology. More so now then ever...
Modern, traditional, whole sign houses, placidus, profections and different methods of dealing with time and space. More difficult to give easy answer nowadays.

Placidus jupiter in 11th may reflect important truth for you.

Myself using sidereal zodiac with whole sign houses.

In it there is an alternative truth that may express similar thing.
In your vedic chart sidereal and with whole sign houses.
I find your jupiter in 12th house. Which may be good for interests in mystical matters like astrology and so forth.
Your 11th house gain strength due to 11th house ruler mercury in 9th house in own sign. That means that there is strength to your 11th house matters and that they are very meaningful to you ( 9th house connection. 9th house is faith, good fortune and dharma purpose et.c.).

There is also a strong venusian factor in your vedic chart which is relationship oriented. This is due to venusian ascendant and venus ruler in the 7th house.

Have a happy evening...