Mercury Square Ascendant by 0

Raindrops

Gemini Mercury Square Virgo Ascendant by 0

My friend just had a baby and it has Mercury square the ASC by 0. Interestingly, the ASC is Virgo and the Mercury is sitting on the Midheaven in the 10th house in Gemini. Mercury is square the ASC by 0 applying!

So, does anyone have any experience with this aspect?

I read that the person's first conversation usually "makes" or "breaks" a relationship. They have trouble communicating. I want more insight on this aspect!!

This mercury is also the chart ruler - so it is even more significant.:w00t:

Last edited:

starlink

Re: Gemini Mercury Square Virgo Ascendant by 0

Hi Raindrops, just happened to see your post. In my experience, to have the ruler of the Ascendant squaring the Ascendant, you get a person who can be his or her own worst enemy, in other words, when problems occur it is usually due to him or herself. On the other hand, having Mercury so dignified (own sign and accidentally dignified as well in an angular house) shows a strong intellect and having MC and Asc. both ruled by the same planet, could also show a very strong Mercurian (intellectual) vibration which is specifically expressed publicly (MC) or in the future career of this girl. It could be that she will be quite full of herself, ambitious,and knowing that she is so clever and therefore probably also very critical of others, which could get her into trouble with those around her, or she will, through her intellect and flexible attitude and positive criticism (if she uses the energy positively) be able to do a great deal of good in her career. I suppose that her 3rd house is ruled by Scorpio, Pluto ruled, and that alone will also give a very powerful way of speech. If this is so, how is Pluto aspected? We do have to really look at her Sun and Moon signs as well as the rest of the chart to be sure about all this. But from what I have seen, there is great ambition with such a placement, but the way these people go about it, can cause them trouble which can be detrimental to their career if they dont change their attitude (usually they will, after having banged their noses a few times).
She probably also has Saturn retrograde in her chart in the 1st house, another indication of an ambitious person but one who has to work hard for reward.

Choe

Mercury is square the ASC by 0 applying!
I read that the person's first conversation usually "makes" or "breaks" a relationship. They have trouble communicating. I want more insight on this aspect!!

I have experience with this aspect,and yes it brings complication in expressing oneself,as Mercury is a planet of comunication so it's like part of you wants to react freely and more joyfully(Gemini),while Virgo wants to express her thoghts more cautious,analyzing her moves.

So,she will have sometimes maybe a double nature.People might find a little strange that. Like bipolar ,but yet it's not bipolar,as it's mercurial and it's free of emotions.
This is my experience,please don't take it as final and don't mark the girl like double person.It's not double,it's just hard for this person having two different ways of comunicating.It's like two personalities,but it's nothing psychotic,it's just hard for the individual .It has to be more easy for her,as she has the Gemini as the dispositor.
I think it's better than if the ruler of the asc was in Virgo ;-)

Last edited:

LittleMiss

I noticed I have som similaritys to this person, allthough I do not have the square to my ascendant...

But I have Virgo Ascendant, and Gemini Midheaven. Also Scorpio with Pluto in Scorpio (on the cusp of-) 3rd house.

My Mercury is sitting in my 6th house (the Virgos house),but in Pisces. So on the contrary, my mercury is in the sign of its "fall".
But it has some good aspects, a trigon to Pluto for instanse.

I'm not quite sure why I'm replying to this, but I just thought it was a bit interesting... I guess I recogniced some of the description above. Beeing bright, but having some difficulties getting it across to others. I think maybe this would give me some of the similar traits.

I have always been very bright, always had a sharp intellect, done well in school and so on, but I seem to have a bit of struggle communicating. Like what goes on in my mind sometimes has difficulties getting across to others...
(Well, that said, my Mercury are of course much more emotional than this person).
Which won't be the case for this person, maybe more how strongly she communicates, and in which ammount? Maybe she well have to learn how to not talk people heads off? (Just guessing...?)

I will continue watching this thread, hope you recive some more answers!

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

I have mercury quincunx my gemini AC by 0-1 degree orb. Mercury is also tightly conjuncting pluto.

I heard this quincunx was bad. Ive always had elements of intellect in my nature, and always been quick at picking up foreign languages and started speaking earlier than all of my 8 siblings according to my mum. Also Ive been studying for most of my life up until now.

But Ive heard some people have said that I always argue about intellecutal matters, critisize and use my knowledge/info in some kind of verbal "attack". Im not always aware of this:lol:

quills

Same aspect with me :) Mercury Square Ascendant...
Mercury is the Ruler of my Chart... Gemini Ascendant, Mercury in Pisces. It is very hard to get my point across most of the time. I just wish people could read my mind sometimes. I like communicating with Scorpion and other water signs cos I don't have to say a lot. They would just get it even if I stop in the middle of my sentence :p

I agree with starlink regarding this aspect about how it can be own worst enemy.
I'm not sure if this will happen to the little girl, whether she would feel like my aspect does, but I often say things out of the blue in social situation... like, over excited, very nervous. Like, I feel like I have to say something all the time even though I don't actually want to. Sometimes I would regret things that I say. It's more like, social pressure in some way.

So yeah... it would be interesting to see how this girl's communication skill grow in time.

She might be able to read sooner than people her age. And probably a fast reader and talker too.

I have mercury quincunx my gemini AC by 0-1 degree orb. Mercury is also tightly conjuncting pluto.

I heard this quincunx was bad. Ive always had elements of intellect in my nature, and always been quick at picking up foreign languages and started speaking earlier than all of my 8 siblings according to my mum. Also Ive been studying for most of my life up until now.

But Ive heard some people have said that I always argue about intellecutal matters, critisize and use my knowledge/info in some kind of verbal "attack". Im not always aware of this:lol:
yep, I call this one 'verbal lacerations' but with the quincunx you may not understand why you/others do this. Pluto/scorpio/mercury make great dectives, researchers and analysts to...

MSO

As a person with mercury square ascendant, I can assure you this child is going to lead a long and full life... of being thoroughly and completely misunderstood :D

(I'm joking, just to clarify. Well... sort of. :lol:)

Shiny star

Hi Raindrops and others,

I am a living example about the Mercurius square Ascendant. I have ASC Virgo (29 deg) and MC Gemini (29 deg), Mercurius in Cancer (4 deg), conjuct Saturnus (9 deg) and Pluto is on the ASC (Libra 4 deg) squaring Mercurius on the MC.

I have had communication troubles when speaking, but I can write excellent way...(eh, not in English so well, but my mother language). I love to study different kind of things, my mind is very flexible, sometimes it feels like my thoughts flies too many directions. I have tried many professional fields, making two jobs at the same time :whistling:

But writing is for me a way to express my inner feelings. Ofcourse, I have North Node in my 3rd house...but still...:happy:

TaoAgent22

This is an old post but I wanted to give my experience with it in case anyone, like me, stumbled onto this via a search engine b/c they're trying to get to the bottom of their Merc squ Asc as I am now. Discovering this has realllly shed light on most of my social and communication issues.

I can't remember how many comments above I wanted to second. Which is strange b/c my Mercury in Cap gives me a mind like a vice. I can remember what time to the minute innocuous things happen around me (for example last night, my parents were wondering aloud if they fed the dog or not and I said "you did, it was 4:25").

I don't know when I'm exaggerating my intellect vs. when I'm selling it short, but I really feel like I'm clearly brilliant but for some reason that's not clear to people around me. And yes, I do feel like 'everyone's an idiot' as almost every article on this aspect explains.

Because of the MC, I can even have a real silver tongue when I need to. I once talked down five security gaurds with tazers (wanting to use them) and made 4 of the 5 shake my hand afterward. I'm good with cops. I'm the nicest possible person at work, however stilted and obviously disingenuine (cause I'm still locked into my condemning view of others). I read that Merc in Cap's can "see grass grow", which I took as saying "sharp."

But being misunderstood has realllllly warped a lot of the good of that, especially socially, in my life. I can remember even as a kid (before I knew about any of this) yelling at a family member "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME!!!" I have that message playing in my head all the time.

I may be extreme on that end b/c my S. Node is almost (just outside of 10 degrees) conjunct my MC. So on top of all that, it's like even the good that I maintain my Mercury has?? Out the window, destiny-wise. Ouch.

Strange that I found this on a search engine when I'm a posting member here. Maybe it's a synchronicity-lesson for me and posting this will transmute some of the malefics about this. B/c you can peruse my posts here (I haven't made many) and see just how much an "unlistened to" Mercury MC Cap square Asc goes way too far in their communication, saying way too much at times, hitting five million different topics that drag the whole message down like a jenga tower at the end of the game.

~*sssssSSSssssss*~

It's hard to know, with this square, what to say and when to say it. If it goes down this path without being taken care of, as I feel it has, it becomes painful to communicate; thoughts are like liabilities when not kept in. My attitude towards it is, at this point, the same as towards bodily functions. The lone bright side I'm feeling about it as I write this is that... well it is cool to have been (forcibly) taught by this aspect that communicating must be done for basic health reasons. That is a pretty wild and meta-physical truth I may not have know. It can become like 'communication constipation' to cope by refusing to communicate. I'm very sorry but I am speaking as you read this in the same way I'd use the bathroom or belch. I'm hoping that this word practice in self-awareness will transmute it into a tough lesson, instead of just tough sh!t. And then I'd be able to use my communication to be of better service to others, rather than fulfill one's own backlogged unmet needs.

The original post mentioned relationship issues; I am pretty sure this is a huge reason every single gf of mine has walked away feeling sort of 'wary' of my mind. By itself, this aspect is not very good for harmonious intercommunication. It's almost unpalpable as much as unmistakeable: every word I express, every willful expression I make, is designed for Ascendant identity reasons. Disingenuity is probably hard for a listener to prove, but easy to feel.

I in fact doubt my own mind and communication way more than my emotional side; the latter is what I rely on far more to get through actual life challenges, while the former I keep tightly to myself until it needs to be employed.

This is something I've experimented with throughout my life, relentlessly at times ("I'll be stoic" no "I'll only say something funny" no "I'll only speak in such and such a way" no... disingenuinity city!!). Then I'll binge on a refusal to communicate. Art and music have saved my *** in that way (though with the S. Node MC, even those things have been forced into a mere 'good for me' and no one else status).

The way I'm feeling about this now, getting to the bottom of it (hopefully) is that.... this aspect, as somewhat innocuous as it seems, can really break your identity in some deepseated ways.

PS: At the "sssSSSSsss" page break above, I stopped typing and went for a walk with a loved one. During the walk, the loved one asked me a question. When I answered it, they went on "no, no, I'm not sure if that's it..." kind of meandering, doubting my words. That's fine. I wasn't sure if I heard their question right. This went on, back and forth, for several minutes, them meandering in a totally inept way, and we both came to realize/admit that yes, what I originally said was the right answer, and they were confused. I realized that that moment was a clear case study in the issues I was just typing about, and that it was a full on synchronicity from the 'Tao' to help me see this issue played out more fully. When I realized all this, I made a point to say "this happens all the time; what I first said was right, if you'd have just listened." Not sure htat was the right way to handle it, b/c I felt very low and distant and wanted to be alone for some time after it, then had to exert effort to get back to a warm persona rather than my disappointment at being doubted souring the whole time. B/c that's the potential of this malefic, to just withdraw completely when it hits you on the nose. So I sincerely considered this a moment to learn how to handle this better.

I couldn't not say this, b/c of the timing. This is a case study in how a pattern like that can turn into a trigger for withdrawal (not wanting to "ascend", or let your personality out into the world, where foolishness always has the microphone).

Last edited:

TaoAgent22

....PPS, back in Synchronicity city: The above post says last edited at 2:54 or 2:45 (can't see from this screen). At the top of my post, I mentioned the time "4:25".

Also, right before the ssssSSSSSssss "synchronicity" page break, the paragraph above it said the word "synchronicity" for a completely separate reason.