Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
My node is direct so you’re wrong there

''This short article appeared in the NCGR ELECTRONIC MEMBERLETTER Issue 11 November 29, 2004: LUNAR NODES: MEAN & TRUE

Since the Moon's Node is a mathematical construct rather than a physical body, its position is a matter of how you define it. The Moon's nodes are formed by the line where the plane of the Moon's orbit intersects the plane of the Earth's orbit. Projected onto the zodiac, this line creates the Moon's North Node, and exactly 180 degrees from this, its South Node.

Because of a slow twisting motion of the Moon's orbital plane, the nodes move completely around the zodiac in retrograde motion every 18.6 years, or approximately 3 minutes of arc every day. The lunar node position calculated according to this long-term trend is known as the Mean Node. Within this large cycle there is a short-term wobbling of the Moon such that if you projected an orbital plane from the Moon's position at any given moment, the nodes created by the orbital plane would wobble backward and forward in the zodiac over a period of a few days. The lunar node calculated with this short-term wobble added in is known as the True Node.

The two types of node calculation are equally accurate, because over the long run the Mean Node and the True Node cover exactly the same distance in the same time. According to Robert Hand in Horoscope Symbols, "The wobbling nodes are no more "true" than the mean nodes, as they are in their own way just as abstract a concept.
" - http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/amoon-nodes.htm

david starling

''This short article appeared in the NCGR ELECTRONIC MEMBERLETTER Issue 11 November 29, 2004: LUNAR NODES: MEAN & TRUE

Since the Moon's Node is a mathematical construct rather than a physical body, its position is a matter of how you define it. The Moon's nodes are formed by the line where the plane of the Moon's orbit intersects the plane of the Earth's orbit. Projected onto the zodiac, this line creates the Moon's North Node, and exactly 180 degrees from this, its South Node.

Because of a slow twisting motion of the Moon's orbital plane, the nodes move completely around the zodiac in retrograde motion every 18.6 years, or approximately 3 minutes of arc every day. The lunar node position calculated according to this long-term trend is known as the Mean Node. Within this large cycle there is a short-term wobbling of the Moon such that if you projected an orbital plane from the Moon's position at any given moment, the nodes created by the orbital plane would wobble backward and forward in the zodiac over a period of a few days. The lunar node calculated with this short-term wobble added in is known as the True Node.

The two types of node calculation are equally accurate, because over the long run the Mean Node and the True Node cover exactly the same distance in the same time. According to Robert Hand in Horoscope Symbols, "The wobbling nodes are no more "true" than the mean nodes, as they are in their own way just as abstract a concept.

Dr. Farr presented the concept that, although the planets never really reverse course on their own orbital paths, they do reverse direction along the Ecliptic from our Earth-centered, astrological point of view; and, therefore should be astrologically INTERPRETED as being in what he called a "Retrograde state", in comparison with being in a "Direct state".

petosiris

Banned
Dr. Farr presented the concept that, although the planets never really reverse course on their own orbital paths, they do reverse direction along the Ecliptic from our Earth-centered, astrological point of view; and, therefore should be astrologically INTERPRETED as being in what he called a "Retrograde state", in comparison with being in a "Direct state".

Oh, wow. I have never thought of that. :smile:

david starling

The "True" setting of an astrological indicator is simply where it's located in the Chart at any given time.

Whereas the "Mean" setting is a mathematical average of how long it takes to complete a full circumnavigation of the zodiac, regardless of direct/retrograde movements of the True settings.

So, the True setting is where an indicator actually IS, in the Now. And the Mean setting is where it eventually WILL be, in the Future.

david starling

Saturn, for example, transits the zodiac 0 to 8 minutes of arc per day, stays in one Sign for approximately 2 1/2 years, and returns to its original position in a Natal-chart in about 29 1/2 years. Those are the Mean calculations.

But, we use Saturn's True position at any given time to determine its actual location as an astrological placement.

Hkk

Account Closed
Just briefly watched Megan Markles fathers story on tv. His story lol very fatherly! Slagging off his daughter! What a pillock!

Ukpoohbear

This thread being strictly text only

– you can search online if you want to view
quintessentially English image of lush green fields
grand stately homes
with the Queen's grandson sipping resh milk :smile:
i.e.
Hilariously, Princess Anne's son, Peter Phillips
is endorsing milk from Jersey cows
just as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex prepare for a new life of
greater financial independence.

Despite not having a royal title
and never having been a working royal
Mr Phillips, 42, is introduced to viewers as
a "British Royal Family member"
while pictured in various regal settings
aired on Shanghai television.
Prince Harry's cousin, Lady Kitty Spencer, 29
also promoted a separate Chinese milk brand
on a campaign partly filmed at the British Museum.
Raising the question of whether
Prince Harry and Meghan might pursue similar work
as they take more control over their finances.

It seems that PH & co. has no problem with members of the RF making money using the family name. Yet they famously ghosted Meghan’s father for staging paparazzi photos, in an apparent effort to better his image to the world media.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

In the documentary just aired in the UK entitled Thomas Markle: My Story, he states Harry said he would not have had a heart attack unless he spoke to the media. But Harry, who has been mentored in how to deal with the media his whole life, made an off-hand remark at the beginning of his relationship with Meghan, about the RF being the ‘family she never had.’

It appears there are right and wrong on both sides but Meghan’s Dad has been ghosted by his daughter for making a similar mistake to what PH did.

There will also be a court case this year against the Daily Mail and PH&MM, who are suing the newspaper for publishing a private letter which Thomas Markle published, apparently in response to Meghan’s friend giving a wrong interpretation of it to ‘People’ magazine.

There is again right and wrong on both sides but MM may win the case with the help of benevolent Jupiter in transit in her 7th house. This can also cause healing for PH&MM’s relationship, or the expansion of Jupiter could cause the relationship to end. Time will tell this year if the relationship will end or not.

However, I am reminded of the concept of ‘Being’ and ‘non-duality,’ where once our mind realizes the oneness of consciousness, that there is nothing to forgive and things ‘just happen.’ Once the dust settles in the minds of those involved, the feeling of forgiveness will help to create a feeling of non-duality in all those concerned. Therefore, this situation is a lesson created in order to teach all those involved a lesson.

Although I am aware of the concept of non-duality, I am also aware I have not yet realised it myself and moments of clarity on the matter are fleeting until such a moment where a situation is created for myself to make me permanently conscious.

This will probably be a traumatic event to give it to stick, like this traumatic event being played out on the world stage will effect primarily Thomas Markle on his death bed and MM when she grieves for his death. PH is still in a state of being traumatised by the death of his Mother and has only just begun the adventure of being a Father, this event will surely help when he looks back with a more mature and less sensitive mind in a few years time.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

When Jupiter or Saturn enters MM’s 8th house, which is currently in transit in her 7th, her father will probably die, he is 72 years old overweight and with a recent heart attack and now a broken heart. This will pave the way for healing to begin with MM but I suspect a whole new life is needed before this lessons is fully completed.

In the next life, maybe Thomas Markle will be PH’s son, who knows because consciousness can and has created everything.

CapAquaPis

COPD has a number of possible causes. Smoking is only one of them. Living and/or working around polluted air, especially petrochemical emissions, is a major cause.

I want to add a sun/Venus conjunction in Taurus is an indication of weight issues. Her venus is in the same 5th house with Mercury and Mars in Taurus.

Edit: In sidereal, her Venus is in its ruler sign, Taurus. Closely looking at both versions of astrology, it looks like I'm right again.

Last edited:

david starling

I want to add a sun/Venus conjunction in Taurus is an indication of weight issues. Her venus is in the same 5th house with Mercury and Mars in Taurus.

Edit: In sidereal, her Venus is in its ruler sign, Taurus. Closely looking at both versions of astrology, it looks like I'm right again.

Right about what? :unsure:

Hkk

Account Closed

Aaah I see. Thanks for this 😊

david starling

Speaking of "abstract concepts", the Lines of Celestial Longitude are an abstract way of translating the the locations of celestial objects onto the Ecliptic. And, these "abstract" intersections of those Lines within the zodiacal Chart is foundational to how most of us are reading the Charts.