Neptune Sun Aspects

graay ghost

Gray Ghost -

Perhaps you can share your experience of sun-neptune aspects in ways of sharing rather than one-liner criticisms of those who are sharing theirs?

There is never a right-wrong when it comes to sun-neptune matters - it is all veiled by one's perceptions of self / others and the uncertainy of 'is this really the truth or am I confused or wrong?'

I will venture to say that anyone with a natal sun-neptune aspect has this issue ongoing in their daily realities.

Offense can be taken by all of us where no offense is meant by others. It is usually our means of protecting ourselves from our own uncertainties and unwillingness to face the harsh realities of having to make determinations. Not our strong point - taking stands when we think we might be wrong or right but aren't sure.

Misunderstandings are often nothing more than our "filters" being clogged with particles of truth and untruth that we've yet to sift out.

If we are interested in in unclogging the filters, which many of us spend a lifetime doing, it is of no assistance to deny that they might be clogged.

Peace Fingers.

Okay, fine. Opposition with an orb of 4 degrees, so probably not as strong as you guys.

If we are going to throw around mental illnesses I strongly suspect I have OCD. This is not something I say lightly and I would not consider OCD to be a disorder of "unwillingness to face harsh realities." I'd say it's rather a distortion in the opposite direction.

The idea that this is a "drug aspect" is incredibly bewildering to me. Anything past acetominaphen and antibiotics just don't seem to work on me. I start out as "I feel terrible" to "I feel terrible AND I need a nap." I mean, my pediatrician prescribed me benzos. They did nothing.

hwat

I have Sun in 5th square Neptune in 2nd and it's one of my most obvious aspects, imo. I'm very lazy, delusional, and am an escapist, among almost everything else listed here. There are positive things, too, like I can be creative and stuff but this is the first aspect of my chart I'd trade for almost anything else..

My dad also has it, not sure of the house placements but he was in a punk band and ended up being a drug dealer and in and out of prison his whole life, so there's that.

Kitchy

Banned
ditto, hwat -
my father was an alcoholic and a bookie and spent a lot of time in the can and he was gone from our home before I was 3 yrs old. ( Neptune in 4th squaring my Sun). my mom remarried when I was 7 - an ex con - who was back in prison a year after they married.

it is pretty typical that our sense of self is defined early by the n'eer do wells that we are raised with or around. i grew up in a housing project in L.A. and there were lots of formative crooks, addicts, dealers and misfits who I learned about life from...and found it not so unusual or uncomfortable.

my husband grew up in a beach community, fairly affluent, and ended up spending 11 years in prison in his early adult years for drug dealing - he was a big time dealer in L.A. in the 80's.

we met and married more than twenty years after he was released - and even though he's an upstanding citizen now - good job, resources and property - he still has a past, and he still has the way of knowing all that underhanded stuff, same as I grew up with - my sister was a big dealer in the 60's and 70's but she has always been made of teflon. some of her friends/colleagues were downright unsavory, and often part of my daily upbringing.

i also wanted to add - to those who read my initial thoughts on this combo - and for some reason ;) I always seem to forget to mention that I also have a Merc-Neptune square from same houses - so my perceptions of this topic might be a bit skewed.

however, it's taken me a long long time of 55 years and still counting, to come to grips with the sneaky ways that Neptune operates in my life and thinking, usually through relationships/close friendships and one-sided agreements with others who seem to fall short on their end, more often than i do - but i have a strong Jup-Sat conjunct in Cap - so that is my merciful leveler. Venus in Pisces doesn't help sometimes, but it does aid in that forgiving tolerance that keeps me humble in times needed most.

Last edited:

blindowl

I have read somewhere the word "chameleon" associated with aspects involving these two planets.. No experience with the square, but I dare to say it is a pretty effective term to use when describing the conjunction. So a good filtering algorithm for choosing the right people and the right environment in which to live in can be nice imo. This aspect can be also challenging on the path of self discovery, because along with self-doubt there is a tendency to give too much space to opinions of other people around us insted of our (fuzzy) own, and this can lead to a great confusional loop.

When we can see objectively (and maybe are not involved in a situation) there can be a lot a diplomacy and compassion.
When objectivity is not an option, the frustration for not perceiving ourselves clearly can build up and if other strong emotional aspects are present it can contribute to make your blood a bit "spicy". :lol:

Slightly OT:
Most of the personality traits mentioned here describe pretty well the Type number 4 of the Enneagram, which is often associated with BPD.

I am thinking the word "drug" can be a bit of a scam: there is plenty of things not labeled as "drugs" that can be almost addictive as "official" drugs. Since we all have Neptune in our charts, there is a potential "junkie" in all of us (I know, this can be generalized to everything).

Last edited:

AppLeo

I have read somewhere the word "chameleon" associated with aspects involving these two planets.. No experience with the square, but I dare to say it is a pretty effective term to use when describing the conjunction. So a good filtering algorithm for choosing the right people and the right environment in which to live in can be nice imo. This aspect can be also challenging on the path of self discovery, because along with self-doubt there is a tendency to give too much space to opinions of other people around us insted of our (fuzzy) own, and this can lead to a great confusional loop.

When we can see objectively (and maybe are not involved in a situation) there can be a lot a diplomacy and compassion.
When objectivity is not an option, the frustration for not perceiving ourselves clearly can build up and if other strong emotional aspects are present it can contribute to make your blood a bit "spicy". :lol:

Slightly OT:
Most of the personality traits mentioned here describe pretty well the Type number 4 of the Enneagram, which is often associated with BPD.

I am thinking the word "drug" can be a bit of a scam: there is plenty of things not labeled as "drugs" that can almost addictive as "official" drugs. Since we all have Neptune in our charts, there is a potential "junkie" in all of us (I know, this can be generalized to everything).

OMG YOU FOLLOW ENNEAGRAMS?? I got a 5w4 on my enneagram!! That's so cool because like I said before, I have Neptune opposite Sun. The 4 is like the melancholic what is my identity dilemma--super cool.

Jaded

Premium Member
My Son has Neptune opposite Sun. His father is Active Duty Military and was gone a full year from him. He's away a lot for work here as well. So I can see where the Neptune/Sun could cause an absent father.

image.jpg

sibylline

Hmm.. I've never thought the Sun-Neptune aspect would indicate an absent father.

Neptune dissolves whatever it touches so yes, it can often mean a weak, ineffectual or absent father. My ex's father worked from 8-8, 6 days a week; his two younger sisters have a Cap Sun-Neptune conjunction applying within 3 degrees.

AppLeo

Neptune dissolves whatever it touches so yes, it can often mean a weak, ineffectual or absent father. My ex's father worked from 8-8, 6 days a week; his two younger sisters have a Cap Sun-Neptune conjunction applying within 3 degrees.

My Dad is an alcoholic :w00t:

So makes sense!

Jaded

Premium Member
That's where reading about the planets and aspects comes in really handy.

Honestly Kitchy, I've pondered for two hours how to comment on this :lol:

I feel like I have always remained respectful, and used this forum as a tool to acquire knowledge from people much more experienced then I.

Cheeky comments towards me are NOT taken lightly. (AppLeo)

Being I am a Leo Moon, triple fire, and have had Pluto transiting my first for years now.... I'm surprised I didn't reply with something ignorant.

I'll let it go.... It's not worth it.

-Jade

Last edited:

Jaded

Premium Member

Thank you.

Abby83

Oh I love Neptune sextile or trine sun. I can only speak from the energies through transit and horaries... but far out, whenever there is a sun in good aspect to Neptune transit (particulary the one just a few weeks ago where Neptune was in pisces and sun was in Taurus) my vitality, energy, and ego (sun) was uplifted harmoniously by beautiful things such as art galleries, and photography (Neptune). Oh and taking on the beautiful radiant energies of landscape like the botanic gardens and the beach. Places I could get lost. Discovering heritage houses in the hills that offered fairytale shows for kids in their fantasy like garden. I loved it!

Kitchy

Banned
Honestly Kitchy, I've pondered for two hours how to comment on this :lol:

I feel like I have always remained respectful, and used this forum as a tool to acquire knowledge from people much more experienced then I.

Cheeky comments towards me are NOT taken lightly. (AppLeo)

Being I am a Leo Moon, triple fire, and have had Pluto transiting my first for years now.... I'm surprised I didn't reply with something ignorant.

I'll let it go.... It's not worth it.

-Jade

You began this thread with a list of expressions of Sun Neptune aspects. Some of them were recognizable, some weren't . It led me to think you had some knowledge of the aspects, but I understand now that they were observations.

The Sun Neptune aspect is a signature aspect of an absentee father (whether by choice or circumstance of father) in a native's early life.

You shouldn't 'let it go' if you are interested in astrology. If you have this aspect, in any combination, it is well worth the time spent in learning about it through reading and listening to what people share - their knowledge and experience - and a forum is just a beginning place for beginners to begin if they are interested in pursuing their studies.

There is a lot of good in-depth reading about Neptune out there - one that you might find helpful and enlightening is called Astrology Karma & Transformation by Stephen Arroyo

https://www.cafeastrology.com/reviews/arroyo-astrology-karma-transformation.html

Kitchy

Banned
Neptune in action -

As Jaded knows know, through clarification, my suggestion for reading was not directed to her, though it followed her post. I must be more dutiful in directing my responses by name to the person I am replying/responding to.

No confusion intended, but as is easy with Neptune aspects or when discussing Neptune aspects, for things to get muddled.

The context of my post was intended for OP- who I am well aware was the person who started the thread.

Apologies for confusion, and thank you's to D and Jaded for pointing this out.

Last edited: