Will I speak to him during this Venus retrograde?

scahm

Hi all,

I cast a chart to see if I'd speak to an ex during this Venus retrograde period, as he's been on my mind to some extent lately. I'm not sure I'd say I miss him as such, but I do definitely miss speaking to him, though I have no desire to reach out to him.

The lack of aspect between the two main signifiers makes me think the answer is no, as well as the lack of aspect between our L3 rulers. I'm still interested to hear your insights on this chart however, to see if there's anything else that's revealed. Maybe he's involved with someone else, with Moon in Pisces and Jupiter being his L5 ruler?

I'm not sure what Mercury in my L5 signifies - whilst I'm back on a dating app, I don't currently have any other love interest.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 00.40.01.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 00.40.01.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 00.40.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 00.40.16.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

ameliaastrology

Maybe.

Most horary charts don't just give a yes/no answer but describe the situation instead. So main significators not in aspect does not necessarily mean you'll never even speak again.

Moon is applying to a close sextile with the Ascendant. It "sees" the ascendant. In traditional term, he's not averse to you.

Sun, his co-sig (which rules a sign intercepted in his house, further evidence that Sun is his co-sig), is already in-orb for a trine with Saturn. It has only to change sign.

The Mars and Jupiter that could prevent the aspect are in your house. Mars is close to Cusp 2 your self-esteem. So it looks like it depends on you whether to talk or not, or whether pride stands in the way, perhaps?

I've seen a chart with a Sun/Venus square - with no reception - and separating main significators. Unfortunate house placements and little dignity into the bargain. You'd think they won't even talk again. And it's true that the pair still haven't rekindled their romance as of this moment. But since the chart was cast, they have hung out and patched things up and eventually become very good friends.

Unless something renders your relationship very bitter, the required positive sign for getting on speaking terms is not such a big one. I think if you make the effort, yes, you can speak.

The lack of major aspect probably says no solid relationship will come of it, though.

Amelia

Last edited:

ameliaastrology

Mercury conjunct Cusp 5 ruling house 5 and 8 might reflect your wish to speak, your sense of loss, and perhaps you have some lingering feelings for the person, that's why you want to speak?

In any case, Mercury is strong in Gemini. It is also the general significator of all forms of communication. I'm guessing it's at least not a negative thing.

Amelia

scahm

Maybe.

Most horary charts don't just give a yes/no answer but describe the situation instead. So main significators not in aspect does not necessarily mean you'll never even speak again.

Moon is applying to a close sextile with the Ascendant. It "sees" the ascendant. In traditional term, he's not averse to you.

Sun, his co-sig (which rules a sign intercepted in his house, further evidence that Sun is his co-sig), is already in-orb for a trine with Saturn. It has only to change sign.

The Mars and Jupiter that could prevent the aspect are in your house. Mars is close to Cusp 2 your self-esteem. So it looks like it depends on you whether to talk or not, or whether pride stands in the way, perhaps?

I've seen a chart with a Sun/Venus square - with no reception - and separating main significators. Unfortunate house placements and little dignity into the bargain. You'd think they won't even talk again. And it's true that the pair still haven't rekindled their romance as of this moment. But since the chart was cast, they have hung out and patched things up and eventually become very good friends.

Unless something renders your relationship very bitter, the required positive sign for getting on speaking terms is not such a big one. I think if you make the effort, yes, you can speak.

The lack of major aspect probably says no solid relationship will come of it, though.

Amelia

Thank you Amelia for such a thorough response, I'm so grateful. You're right, we didn't end things on a good note but there are probably are some lingering feelings on my side.

Pride probably is the reason why I wouldn't reach out to him though, correct. My thinking is that if he cared enough, the onus is on him to be the one to make amends, as I was the one who was hurt when things ended. It's annoying when someone doesn't even care about the friendship, let alone the romance.

ameliaastrology

I can see that you're in the first house not quite willing to reach out. I once cast a similar chart for myself in an identical situation. The guy was also reaching Mars in 1st before reaching me. Oh, and like you, I was that strong Saturn in the first house. And my thought was exactly yours: OK, now I know there could be action, I might be able to stir things a bit, but if he doesn't wise up and realise that he'd have to make amends, I'd leave it at that.

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Amelia

aquarius7000

Hi,

Moon, his significator, but also the engine of the chart, applies to Venus, his 3rd house. Venus is moving back and away from being cadent. Mercury is strong. Quite likely communication will happen in 10 days or weeks. Please update the thread with the outcome.

scahm

Hi,

Moon, his significator, but also the engine of the chart, applies to Venus, his 3rd house. Venus is moving back and away from being cadent. Mercury is strong. Quite likely communication will happen in 10 days or weeks. Please update the thread with the outcome.

Hi Aquarius7000, thank you for responding. Isn't the moon/venus aspect a square however? Would this not imply some kind of conflict preventing communication from occurring?

aquarius7000

Hi Aquarius7000, thank you for responding. Isn't the moon/venus aspect a square however? Would this not imply some kind of conflict preventing communication from occurring?
You are correct, Moon applies to Venus in a square. However, this does not necessarily mean no communication.

Your Q was if you will speak to him during Venus rx. Now you see that Venus during its rx is actually moving towards the Moon (instead of away from it) and the Moon is also moving towards Venus building an aspect. The square could thus mean that the communication will not be satisfying or very pleasant. So, it could result in frustrations/ irritations. However, as I see it, communication itself (which was your Q) is likely to happen.