Will the Wall Street bailout benefit Main Street?

emilyelizabeth

Hello Good People,

Want to take a shot at this?

Will the "bailout plan" benefit the people, or just the top 1%, as Henry Paulson (a Bush derivative) had originally designed, when they finally craft one? They just took a vote on it in the US House of Representatives and it failed to pass.

Americans are finally responding to something en masse by the way. We (they) are soooo angry about this!

Here's the link to the chart for the time the question was asked:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_79_bailout_question_hp.74464.26338.gif&res=63&va=&cid=2gdfilebVE0fV-u1075167595

Last edited:

starlink

Theo wrote:
Theo said:
:
Hi Emily Elizabeth. To answer your question: Yes, and No.

Much of the damage in the world credit and financial markets has already been done. The corruption that led to this crisis is huge, and will result in thousands of criminal indictments that will take many years to resolve, if ever.

There are runs on banks in various places, bank take-overs by federal regulators, forced mergers with "approved" banks, and real fears that billions will be lost in the money market funds, as the banking index has been falling along with the sharp dive in the Dow Jones and other global stock markets.

This is the result of years of global transits, and how bad choices were made by Wall street bankers, along with the lack of regulations suppressed by conservative Republican administrations since the 1980s. In effect, the chickens are coming home to roost in a very bad way.

At this time, the partisanship in government is a reflection of the world transits this presidential year, and with Saturn opposed to Uranus, within a Mercury retrograde cycle, it does not look positive until December, and after the early November elections in the U.S.

The Saturn-Uranus opposition has Americans feeling angry and this will increase as the energies from this opposition peaks to exact opposition on November 4th ~ we are now seeing the beginning of a new era for the world and the U.S. ahead of the major transition years just before the new decade of the 2010s.

God Help all of us in these challenging times. Take the time to spend with people you love, and prepare to create and sustain new alliances with people of goodwill who share your common interests. Times will continue to change with the coming world transits.

Last edited:

starlink

Emily E., I moved your thread to this Forum ("Mundane Astrology") as there was no indication of a horary interpretation.

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Emilyelizabeth responded to Theo's post:

emilyelizabeth said:
Yup. I'm aware of this. Thanks! I hope it
inspires Americans to take an active role.

Here's the chart. I nabbed it off the site.
Hope it shows up... loads of Libra!
Sun: 7°02' Libra
Moon: 12°40' Libra
Mercury: 21°01' Libra
Venus: 6°57' Scorpio
Mars: 27°04' Libra
Jupiter: 13°19' Capricorn
Saturn: 15°02' Virgo
Uranus: 20°05' Pisces
Neptune: 21°57' Aquarius
Pluto: 28°20' Sagittarius

House 1: 28°38' Capricorn
House 2: 16°14' Pisces
House 3: 25°34' Aries
House 4: 23°02' Taurus
House 5: 14°32' Gemini
House 6: 4°44' Cancer
House 7: 28°38' Cancer
House 8: 16°14' Virgo
House 9: 25°34' Libra
House 10: 23°02' Scorpio
House 11: 14°32' Sagittarius
House 12: 4°44' Capricorn

Next aspects of the Moon in Libra
Moon square Jupiter
Moon conjunct Mercury
Moon trine Neptune
Moon conjunct Mars
Moon sextile Pluto

Sabian Symbols for this moment
For the Sun: A blazing fireplace in a deserted home.
For the Moon: Children blowing soap bubbles.

Current Moon phase
New Moon
Mansion of the Moon
15th lunar mansion

Can't seem to get the chart on here. Here's the link:​
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/now.php

LionKing

I thank you 'Starlink' in keeping this a neutral horary room. The 'election favorite candidate' thing is about to make me sick. Which is one of the reasons that I didn't want to do this 'Frankenstein.' back in June. Glad I didn't, when I witnessed what it turned out to be. V/r LionKing

Culpeper

Premium Member
Since there is a link to a horary chart, I will attempt a mundane delineation for the question: "Will the 'bailout plan' benefit the people, or just the top 1% as Henry Paulson ( a Bush derivative) had originally designed, when they finally craft one?" And again this is horary as applied to mundane, and the rules for the latter are used.

The first house always represents the people. Scorpio is rising, and Mars is the planetary significator for the people and also the Moon. The second house represents banking, stock markets and the national treasury. The sign is Sagittarius and Jupiter is the significator. The tenth sign from Scorpio is the U.S. President, G.W. Bush; this is Leo and the Sun is significator. The eleventh sign represents Congress; Virgo and the significator is Mercury. "The top 1%" is represented by the fifth house, as they are the main beneficiaries of all the pleasures that society has to offer. In this chart Pisces is the fifth sign and Jupiter is significator.

As for the condition of the planets, Sun and Jupiter are both in Fall: the weakest they can be by classical rules. This indicates the extreme weak condition of the banks, President and the elite. Bush has just lost a vote of confidence from his own party--something almost unheard of in the USA. The banks are falling one after another.

Mercury representing Congress has some strength and a reception by exaltation with Saturn, but it is retrograde indicating the disarray that has engulfed Congress. The reception would be stronger if both planets beheld each other.

Mars representing the people is in detriment, but it has a reception by rulership with Venus. Mars and Venus are friends, but they do not behold each other. Yet this is a stronger situation than for Mercury. Mars can bring reforms when it is in a position where it can take action. The Moon is with the very fortunate fixed star Spica and applying to Mars. The people appear to have the strongest position for once.

This is very good for the people obtaining political concessions that will actually help them. An article I have reads that calls to Congress have been against the bailout 30 to 1. It is like the line from the film Network;they say, "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" And since its members are facing an election, Congress actually has to listen and the elite cannot force their way by paying them off.

starlink

[These (non-horary) posts have been moved from the Horary board // mods]

jamiescott said:
BobZemco said:
Theo said:
This is the result of years of global transits, and how bad choices were made by Wall street bankers, along with the lack of regulations suppressed by conservative Republican administrations since the 1980s.

Your prejudices and biases shines through and reflect in your bizarre "interpretations." You need to do some serious fact-checking.

Deregulation of the banking (and airline and trucking) industry started during the Carter Administation with the overwhelmingly Democrat controlled House and Senate.

The trucking industry was deregulated by Carter on July 1, 1980 via the
Motor Carrier Act of 1980 (S.2245).

The Airline Deregulation Act (or ADA) was signed into law on October 24, 1978.

The "Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act "
which deregulated the banking industry was signed into law by Carter in 1980 (I believe August).This act removed the power of the Federal Reserve under the Glass-Steagall Act and Regulation Q.

It's funny how people blame the Federal Reserve when it was the Democrats who stripped the Federal Reserve of its powers to protect the people.

Interesting stuff Bob. I'm not too familiar with US politics and I won't take side's in your debate with Theo. I would like to say though, that you both add a lot to this forum with your very detailed research and astrological expertise. Testing each other definitely makes us better astrologers, stronger spirits, and you can have a bit of fun with it!!​

__________________​

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Culpeper, Thank you very much for your interpretation of the original question by EmilyElizabeth. Unfortunately I have moved part of the original thread to this forum (Mundane Astrology) and the last parts to the general chat.(so if you want to join, please go there). It has become a bit of a mess unfortunately, because I still have to get used to moving threads. I am hoping I will do a better job in the future:).
Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

starlink

Bob, you can continue the discussion in the General Chat. Emily Elizabeth has given you an answer there.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Starlink

aquarius7000

Request to all.

To All,

Please post 'non-horary' contributions, which are 'mundane-astro' in nature, directly on this board; and ones, which are completely devoid of Astrology, on the General-Chat board, where there's a thread by the same name over here, as Jamie Scott has also pointed out in his post (thanks Jamie). You will appreciate that it is quite a bit of extra work & effort to go through all those posts, on both the threads, on these two boards; and then keep moving the posts, which are not in-keeping with the title of the board. Besides, there are many more boards, dozens of new threads and hundreds of posts 'mushrooming up' everyday that we need to look into, move, edit, etc.

Thank you for your co-operation.:)

Mods

Last edited:

emilyelizabeth

Thanks so much, Culpeper, for your interpretation. I am truly grateful.

This is very helpful and makes a great deal of sense - and I have learned several things from this. I'm a student of astrology so understand only the basics, so my take on this is hardly worth reading, however, as I'm also a Cancer with a Gemini Rising (the chart many follow) with some interesting synastry and a solid "member" of the 60s generation I feel these things as if it is happening to me personally. I knew it would be useful information should I ask the question for a horary chart.

Many Americans are waking up to our national nightmare - and many still are not. I am fully engaged and feel this in every cell of my being. We have a section of the population (even on this site) who are still deluding themselves, and if our American "blindness" continues, will go down with the rest of us.

Another interesting topic is what we might glean from looking at McCain's and Palin's charts at the time of the election (mundane?) Nov 4. Palin is an interesting topic, for many American women in particular. She has, in fact, become the laughing stock of the nation. (I hope other countries are enjoying her entertainment value as well!)

A point that I need to try to clarify for those living outside the US and watching our side show is that the two parties are not "the same". There are centrists in both parties that meet in the middle but the republican party has been taken by neoconservatives who are corporate thugs - it was a political coup. Anyone who is still adamantly republican is basically supporting these criminals at this point. Unfortunatley the centrist democrats have been in control of the impeachment issue, and this is where we have gone astray. Voting for these people, the corporate thugs, is a sure vote against democracy and a reliable way to do in your own well-being, unless you want a fundamentalist government with a self-destructive bent on global dominance, and to give all your tax dollars to the US military which now protects the global elite and not the American people (9/11, case and point). By the US military's aggressive and irresponsible attacks on Iraq and threats to attack Iran they have endangered the USA and the rest of the world to an extent never before seen in our world history. This is the threat of nuclear war, and global poverty.

Again, I point to the fact that this is a Bush Bailout. That in itself tells you it is something to vote against - for the sake of the entire world. No small potatoes.

The Democrats - that handful of them who still serve the American people - are calling for strict regulations and a return to democratic principals. It's complicated of course, but I'm hoping that the Democratic party has now swelled to such a size, that we can finally establish a third party, the Progressive Democrats, who will protect the environment and people's rights and return the safeguards that are now missing from our rule of law - and reconnect with the rest of the world.

GO HERE:
subscribed.gif
"will the wallstreet bailout benefit Main Street?"

BobZemco

Culpeper said:
"The top 1%" is represented by the fifth house, as they are the main beneficiaries of all the pleasures that society has to offer. In this chart Pisces is the fifth sign and Jupiter is significator.

The top 1% are represented by the 10th House.

The 10th House signifies the head-of-state, the government as a whole or any government, the Ruling Powers, the nobility, the aristocracy, and society (the Social Elite).

The People will benefit, but only in the short term as its effects are illusionary. My USA natal chart has Neptune ruling the 4th now in the 2nd in hard aspect with natal Venus. That's a reccuring theme in my USA natal chart. The Outers in hard aspect to natal Venus generally raises issues with banking.

For example, transiting Pluto was in hard aspect with Venus during the restructuring of the banking system and abandonment of the gold standard in 1933.

Saturn arcing Venus on the October 19, 1987 stock market crash (Saturn rules the 2nd), Venus (in the 2nd) arcing the Moon (ruling the 8th) on August 26, 1998 market crash, Venus arcing Neptune and SA Neptune conjunct the Moon during the 1962 crash, and SA Neptune/Venus, SA Saturn/Pluto, SA Saturn/Sun, SA Saturn/Mars on October 29, 1929 (the transits are equally compelling with tMars square Saturn, tSaturn semi-square Jupiter, tVenus quincunx Jupiter, tPluto conjunct Uranus etc etc).

There's a lot going on now and it will get in 2010 and then the bottom will fall out in 2013. There's some 23 arcs, all the same arcs from the 1930s, plus from the period 1968-1972 when there was civil unrest, which appears to be related to continued or new military conflict(s). I still have to break them down.

The transits are very similiar to the 1760s when famine struck the colonies and trade between the Colonies and Britain was almost non-existent due to rolling recessions through many countries including Britain and the Colonies. The only difference is the placement of Neptune which will be transiting the 3rd and 4th Houses, instead of the 9th and 10th Houses as it was in the 1760s.

Last edited: