Inquiry about volunteer board member of non-profit/ charity

WisdomJoy

Hi all;

I have an inquiry about a chart about a volunteer Board position where L1 is granted an interview. This is for a non-profit/ charity. Immediately I noticed that the degree is late but when I checked the ruling hour it matched Jupiter so I am proceeding to analyze it.

This is a volunteer job having to do with a non-profit. Given that L1 and L10 are both ruled by Jupiter, I have two choices.

1. Keep the moon as L1 signifier and keep L10 as Jupiter. In this case, there is no aspect. The problem is keeping Jupiter as L10 doesn't really make sense to me. The organization isn't in detriment or weak.

2. If I keep L1 as Jupiter; with co-ruler the moon, and I've seen in some theory mars as well, and make the volunteer job L11, which is ruled by Saturn. This makes more sense to me, as L11 rules charity and recognition and this is volunteer work. In this case, L1 co-sig the moon is making an aspect to Saturn. The aspect is positive a beautiful trine, but the mutual reception is not. Saturn receives the moon by both triplicity and detriment, I'm assuming that detriment always takes precedence. The other insight I found is that there is a transfer of light from Jupiter to Saturn, through the moon.

I am also mindful of mars being in the first house is not a positive sign.

Jupiter representing L1 makes sense as she's a lot younger and more junior compared to the current board members. This application was a stretch.

The moon is separating from a square aspect to the sun.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

I've attached the theory I have, if anyone has any additional insight I would be grateful.

Thank you.

WJ

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.46.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.46.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.56.12 PM.png

Last edited:

waybread

I'm confused. Are you applying for this position yourself, or is this question on behalf of someone else?

The degree here is late by just a few minutes shy of 0 degrees of the next sign. If your timing might be a wee bit off, it would affect the first house significator.

Either the matter is over and done with, or the situation is likely to change.

I would use the 6th house for volunteerism, ruled by the sun and secondarily by Mercury. Then the querent is ruled by Jupiter, with Mars as a co-ruler.

Jupiter looks beat-up in this chart: in its fall, retrograde,; but not entirely helpless in its own terms.

You've got the sun and Mercury applying to a trine with a domiciled Mars in its own terms. The moon is exalted in Taurus, applying to a trine with Saturn, ruler of Jupiter. These planets are in the 11th. I think it does rule associations, but not so much in relationship to duties performed. The 11th is also the house of hopes and wishes for the future. I'd allow the translation of light.

I'd give this a "yes," so please let us know what happens.

WisdomJoy

I'm confused. Are you applying for this position yourself, or is this question on behalf of someone else?

The degree here is late by just a few minutes shy of 0 degrees of the next sign. If your timing might be a wee bit off, it would affect the first house significator.

Either the matter is over and done with, or the situation is likely to change.

I would use the 6th house for volunteerism, ruled by the sun and secondarily by Mercury. Then the querent is ruled by Jupiter, with Mars as a co-ruler.

Jupiter looks beat-up in this chart: in its fall, retrograde,; but not entirely helpless in its own terms.

You've got the sun and Mercury applying to a trine with a domiciled Mars in its own terms. The moon is exalted in Taurus, applying to a trine with Saturn, ruler of Jupiter. These planets are in the 11th. I think it does rule associations, but not so much in relationship to duties performed. The 11th is also the house of hopes and wishes for the future. I'd allow the translation of light.

I'd give this a "yes," so please let us know what happens.

Thanks for your note and will let you know. I applied myself, and the position is not a paid position BUT I am legally bound under fiduciary responsibility so I assumed 11th house. I think the odds are against me tbh, I would be shocked if I get it. I'm in a bad position where I'm set up for failure but can't back out of the interview given who sits on the board. I'll keep you posted though. In the event chart for my interview, I am mars and squaring Saturn. So there is major resistance happening.

waybread

The next aspect of Mars isn't the square to Saturn, but a trine from the sun. Then Mercury also trines Mars before the Saturn square perfects.

WisdomJoy

The next aspect of Mars isn't the square to Saturn, but a trine from the sun. Then Mercury also trines Mars before the Saturn square perfects.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear. I ran an event chart for the time of the interview on Monday and the energy isn't looking too good.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.36.53 AM.png

WisdomJoy

That's okay, you're not the only one, tbh. That's why I've provided as many answers as possible because candidly a lot of the insights weren't actually correct and people should know for their learning.

I would connect with Amelia Astrology on here, if you haven't. From the charts that I've done, where she has analyzed, she's been the most accurate and nuanced. You can ask her about her learning plan and strategy to compares the (+'s) and the (-'s) to every chart.

Thanks for taking the time!