okay I'm new to horary

archergirl

Anything creative, if the question is about the creation itself (so, your novel or dictionary or whatever), is 5th house, not 3rd.

Publishing in and of itself is 9th house; but 'will I succeed', which is essentially what this question is, is 10th.

Piscesascendant, I would also note here that tweaking the chart continually is sort of the antithesis of horary. Think of horary as an ice-storm: the moment that the water freezes and becomes ice is like the moment when a question 'freezes' in the Universe. Because you are still essentially guessing the *exact* time you first thought of the question, it is enough to simply accept the 'time' of the question as the time you posted it. This may seem somewhat unsatisfactory, because you are getting an answer that you don't like, but horary is a bit like surrendering your own Will up to the gods. You asks your question, you gets your answer. Tweaking the question/chart is a bit like saying, "Yeah, but that's not what I meant; I meant this instead." The stars generally know exactly what you mean, and the first chart/first question will always yield the true answer.

So your initial question was, "Will my poems get published in this magazine?". This is the gist of your question, and your background information supports this to be the true question. The chart shows the situation to be accurate: your poems are 'concealed', you do not connect with this particular publisher. There might be future luck with publishing. That is that.

It is unwise to try to read other stuff into the question, like self-publishing and who else might publish it, because this is not stuff you asked about. In horary, keep it simple. Answer the question that was asked. The first chart you submitted is 'good enough' to get your answer. Horary is not like natal, where you can go around and around and find further symbolism for unrelated 'business'.

It's a bit like the old Dragnet thing: 'Just the facts, ma'am'.

AG:)

piscesascendant

Piscesascendant, I would also note here that tweaking the chart continually is sort of the antithesis of horary. Think of horary as an ice-storm: the moment that the water freezes and becomes ice is like the moment when a question 'freezes' in the Universe. Because you are still essentially guessing the *exact* time you first thought of the question, it is enough to simply accept the 'time' of the question as the time you posted it. This may seem somewhat unsatisfactory, because you are getting an answer that you don't like, but horary is a bit like surrendering your own Will up to the gods. You asks your question, you gets your answer. Tweaking the question/chart is a bit like saying, "Yeah, but that's not what I meant; I meant this instead." The stars generally know exactly what you mean, and the first chart/first question will always yield the true answer.

So your initial question was, "Will my poems get published in this magazine?". This is the gist of your question, and your background information supports this to be the true question. The chart shows the situation to be accurate: your poems are 'concealed', you do not connect with this particular publisher. There might be future luck with publishing. That is that.

It is unwise to try to read other stuff into the question, like self-publishing and who else might publish it, because this is not stuff you asked about. In horary, keep it simple. Answer the question that was asked. The first chart you submitted is 'good enough' to get your answer. Horary is not like natal, where you can go around and around and find further symbolism for unrelated 'business'.

It's a bit like the old Dragnet thing: 'Just the facts, ma'am'.

Understood, believe me. But as I was reading on the boards of how important precise information is, I realized that each chart didn't have exact information. My feeling then was, let's try this again, not because I wasn't liking the responses (I actually found them thought provoking and insightful), but because the information entered wasn't correct. That was all.

As I was learning more about the practice of horary, something occurred to me. If all of this hinges greatly on not only the precise question aksed, who or what it is asked about, but also when it is asked, and difference in time continually changes the ascendant, that would change the answer drastically if the same question were asked two or more times, hours apart. As I would "drop off my chart" I would surf around another thread on the horary boards and read of people's situations. Responses to people's questions came sometimes came across as so sure-footed to the point where it seemed beyond stubborn, almost cocky, as if the person were being seen as dumb and just "not getting it". I surf other websites about horary, and came across instances of vastly different interpretations for the same chart, same question, all from professional astrologers. Just seems like this is still more of a game of chance. The interpretations are fascinating, believe me. But you do get vastly different interpretations (sometimes more accurate ones, it appeared), by asking the same question just a few hours later.

This isn't meant to antagonize anyone. I had had this feeling and question while I had been working on my own question and refining the chart information, so don't get the impression this is nothing more than an axe to grind. I simply think it's a legitimate critique of the art is all.

Take care and thanks to all who have responded.

Last edited:

archergirl

Hi there,

No offense taken. :D It's a legitimate question. I hope you didn't think I was reprimanding you...just informing.

The problem lies with the 'asking again a few hours later' part. This is one of the biggest no-no's in horary, and is one of the things I am constantly fighting against on this site. Horary is basically a one-shot deal; you ask the question from your heart, note the time, make your chart, and away you go. There IS a slight problem with thinking of the question, deciding to make a chart, and then not noting the time until much later...because the moment is past, the situation already changed and diluted by the time passing....a bit like letting the ice melt. I would be concerned if the answer was more accurate a few hours later, and would have my doubts about the validity of the first question as well as the 'tweaked' question. There are all sorts of ways to validate whether the chart is valid or not; they take time and skill and practice.

So one of the 'problems', if you want to call it that, with your particular chart, was that there was this time delay, but no amount of playing with it will ever get back the exact moment the question gelled into the idea of a chart...so the best time we can work with is the time you put the question to others, so that they too could read and understand it.

This is also one of the problems of trying to do horary via the Internet, because traditionally the interaction was between querent and astrologer, and the question was cast at the moment the astrologer understood what the client was asking. That's how it's supposed to be done; but of course nowadays it isn't. So the best all of us can do is use the time you have either cast the chart, or the time that you have posted the chart to make it 'legitimate'.

As to comparing the same chart and getting different answers: well, on a site like this, for example, you are likely to get people who are at the very beginning of learning horary, people who are at intermediate skill-level, and some who are more advanced. They will all likely give slightly different interpretations, and do remember that the interpretation is also seen through the filter of the interpreter's experiences, particularly at the more beginning levels when understanding is still not complete, as well as at the very advanced levels where IMO people tend to get hung up on technique a bit too much!:D We must also remember that two people casting similar charts which to all appearances look identical, will be two different people with two different situations, and each situation must be taken 'as is'.

In horary, there is no such thing as 'refining' information. There is no chart rectification in horary...there's just the question, the chart, and the varying skill levels and personal experiences of the people reading it.

AG:)

piscesascendant

At the same time... I gotta tell ya... I can't wait until the time comes when I can share the poetry. I'll take another look at each chart and everyone's input. No plans at this point to create another chart, but I definitely plan to expand my interpretation.

About that recurrence of a significant planet showing up in the 12th house of hidden matters. That might explain why I have wanted to tell others online (both here and a writers forum I joined), about which magazine I submitted to, but haven't yet.. See, part of me simply doesn't want to jinx the process by saying what it is, and yet since it is a 12th house matter, I'm wondering if such secrecy is the way it should be for now.

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Well, I just heard back from the magazine today, and was rejected. The magazine was The New Yorker. At least I tried. Having researched the poets who've made the cut, I realize that they sem to go with poets who are established and known. Even ones who are getting published for the first time in TNY have at least one book published. So, for right now, my plan is to submit again to other magazines I've been researching, wait to hear back from them, and write plenty more in the meantime. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably serlf-publish through a venue that is completely viable, legit, and inexpensive. I've had this venure planned all along, but wanted to try getting my material out there before I tried vanity press.

piscesascendant

By the way, just wanted to say that I finally got published! To top it off, the company that bought the poem has signed me on as an Independent Contractor! Very exciting!

piscesascendant

By the way, here's the poem that got published, entitled, "Sudoku Memories Poem" (the editor added the "Poem" part at the end, not sure why.) Click on (or copy and paste) the link and scroll down until you see "Sudoku Memories Poem":

http://blog.bluemountain.com/

Let me know what you think. There is a comment link on that page at the bottom of the poem, but don't feel obligated to comment there. Just curious of people's opinions. You could also comment on this thread, or even send me a private message if you want. Any comments anywhere would be welcomed. Thanks!

And yes, you'll know my full name when you see the poem. :)

--piscesascendant