View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2019, 02:37 AM

Re: Comparison of fate vs free will in traditional astrology vs modern astrology

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
I'm not sure how to explain. I think maybe in a concept as large and universal as fate, that we can't simply view it in such personal humanistic terms as human morality. It's not about culpability. I doubt fate personified really cares about who's to blame. I think people approach the concept from the lens of their own practical subjective experience, whereas I try to look at it from a bird's eye view. At a fundamental level, cognitively, I doubt there is good and evil and the goal is eradication of 'evil', good triumphs over evil doesn't seem accurate when examining forces beyond humanity. There is only polarity and balance imo. You can't have 'good' without 'evil', etc.

I said the illusion of free will is helpful on a practical level and that is true. One of the ways that fate makes one it's subject I think is by facilitating the delusion that it's all about 'you', that it's all about your decisions and your experience, etc. That way you play into fate's hands willingly. People who claim fate is responsible for their lives are not incorrect, but that's just such a reductionist perspective on what is actually happening that I think it's largely unhelpful in informing their daily lives.

In all honesty, the fate vs free will debate is intellectually stimulating to some degree, but largely impractical and uninformative in how one 'should' live their lives.

Free will choice is like I pointed out vaster than choices in this life in my view as it expands beyond it many times and also involves other people and their free will choices traced back in time which together creates a situation that many people from my perspective would judge as fate, while I mean that that is free will choices that are interconnected within each other in a kind of a spiderweb/matrix and the way so solve this spider web/matrix is for each person to regain their awareness of/own their free will choice within this entanglement and then untangle themselves out of it step by step by within the limitations that their and others free will choices has created both individually and collectively in this right now moment we are currently in.

It is a kind of a mix of the traditionalistic and modernistic viewpoint I would say.

Y
The Following User Says Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
moonkat235 (08-11-2019)