Charisma

Yoi

What do people think are the best indicators (signs, aspects, houses, etc.) of charisma? Basically people who are charming, magnetic, able to persuade other people to do things etc.

Pisceanfool

For charm:

Venusian influences, taurus or libra sun or asc sign traditionally. Venus in Aquarius generally magnetic people, has been called the sign of the movie star for venus (also sometimes sun/asc Aquarius). Positive aspects between Venus, Moon, and Jupiter (especially venus to moon) Sun conjunct Venus. Umm... the ruler of the 5th in the first house, alot of fire and planets at the top of the chart also Grand Trines/Star of David... all i can think of right now for charm.

For being persuasive depends on if you go for emotions or logic. Generally a well aspected mercury helps to be convincing logically.

Lissa

I agree with what Pisceanfool said.Venus definitly plays an important role here:a well aspected Venus gives people the ability to charm others.Venus aspects to the ascendant are also helpful,giving the ability to turn on the charm when needed.Venus aspects to the Moon are also helpful,particularly the conjunction(I know a guy with Moon conjunct Venus in Pisces,Aquarius Sun.No one can say no to him lol).Libra rising as well,but I disagree with the Taurus rising.

Scorpio and Pluto give lots of magnetism,altough that ability to intrigue others can also go the other way: people with proeminent Scorpio/Pluto in their charts can be masters at manipulating people.And a well aspected Mercury is always helpful,of course.Maybe Mercury aspects to Pluto give the power to persuade others?

utopia

hi,

I think İt is pluto which gives the charisma. magnetism is an issue of scorpio. and a strong venus is cute but when we are talking about attractiveness it's exactly a venus with a pluto aspect or venus in taurus, libra and scorpio...

I agree it is probably Venus for charisma. My partner has Venus in Libra (charming) which conjuncts Pluto in the 3rd. He used to be a cars salesman, you need some charisma and charm and a way with words to sell cars. I think this gives him a talent of being charmingly persuasive. His bank balance depended on it.

Yoi

Venus and Pluto...interesting. I have Venus in the 8th house. How is this different/similar to a Venus-Pluto connection? It's pretty well aspected: trines with Mars, Jupiter and Chiron though semisquare Mercury and Uranus.

As for Mercury and Scorpio. I have Mercury conjunct Uranus in Scorpio. Persuasive argument and debating have always been one of my strengths (Gemini rising helps here too I guess) so I have to agree with this.

People have mentioned three connections with Venus: Venus-Pluto, Venus-Libra, Venus-Moon. The energies involved are very different so the types of charisma involved should be very different. That is three different "types" of charisma here. Also what effect would house placement and aspects have?

Last edited:

utopia

hi yoi,

venus in the 8 th house gives charisma, but it also gives the feeling of jealousy or the feeling to use others' posessions. the charisma gives you to have others' belongings and with goods aspects such as;
venus with a good aspect to jupiter you also have goodwill and trine to mars have the energy to show your good will, you can have what you want when you want...
as mars venus trine gives an extra atrativeness, people must find you so cute that they let you have them so you got what you want easily.
and that is charisma;)

Last edited:

freedomlover

Some comments on the two people I personally know who have much charisma:

My youngest daughter has a Leo sun in the 5th house. I don't know if her other placements contribute to this, but I attribute her glowing charisma to this. She also has Mars and Venus in Leo. She has had a special aura about her since she was a baby and finds favor with people everywhere she goes. It's like everyone adores her.

The other person I knew who had a lot of personal charisma was a male born 10-24-60 in New York, Ny. His Sun was in the Via Combust. ( I think.) He also had Pluto in the first, and I think conjunct his AC. He was very charming and had much power of persuasion. I'm sure there were other factors in his chart besides the Pluto. He had a very powerful personality - was an evangelist. Boy! Could he influence the crowds! But I knew him personally, and he had a mix of good and deceptive charisma.

SimplyRed

Yoi said:
What do people think are the best indicators (signs, aspects, houses, etc.) of charisma? Basically people who are charming, magnetic, able to persuade other people to do things etc.

Libar rising, sun or venus in first house, especially conjunct ascendant can be known for charm

Jupiter in first on the ascendant ca be charming as well.
Taurus is known for charm

Bill Clinton first house Libra is loaded with planets
Leo, Aries, Cancer, are other ascendants to look for her especially if Venus or the sun in first.
Or a good fifth house as well.
There can be a lot of indicators charisma.

Number one to me would be Libra risng,
First house or ascendant conjunct Venus,sun.

Kim Falconer states some asteroids on her site considered to be magnetic.
Also, venus conjunct natal sun has a certain charm or appeal, no matter what house.

utopia

dear Simplyred,

I really appriciate your last post. I feel better now, I must be quite charming according to your post.(cause I feel a little bit odd staying at home in front of the comp.in such a day like valentines day:))
thanks;)

Belgianmoonguy

SimplyRed said:
Kim Falconer states some asteroids on her site considered to be magnetic.
Also, venus conjunct natal sun has a certain charm or appeal, no matter what house.

The asteroids i use the most are Eros & Juno...
Them being strong placed or one of them could create charm...

killah

Taurus rising, Libra rising(maybe), something neptunian: Sun conjuncts Neptune. Eight house(scorpio) influence. a lot of water in the chart. Scorpio venus for men and Taurus/Libra venus for women. Scorpio Mars for men and Libra/gemini mars for women. venus in 7th house

SimplyRed

Magi astrologers have a few aspects about sexual appeal, charisma.

I do not know much about their astrology except Chiron and Juno are used a lot. Chiron especially

wintersprite1

Premium Member
What I have been reading on this post with all the Venus reference is making me wonder if maybe I have a different definitions for the word charisma.

Charisma is a Greek word with roughly the meaning being a divine offering or gift. Charismatic people have magnetic personalitys, they are strong, controlled, and usually gifted when it comes to communication. They involke stong feels of either admiration or disgust in different individuals. These people are serious charmers with a strong sense of pursuesiveness. Many Charismatics are found to have psychotic disorders. Others include politicians, actors, and evangelicals. These personalities also have dark shadow sides that are not usually seen in public. Therefore my guess (and some personal experience) is you will find hard aspects to the Luminaries... squares, oppositions....etc... and/or to the MC and Asc.

Now for all the Venus reference, I am thinking this is more an irrisistable force filled with charm and grace.

My 2 cents

TK

Teddybull

Interesting topic. Interesting Wintersprite about looking up the definition. Off hand any aspect with an outer planet can be charismatic.

Pluto in any aspect - depth, control and mystery.
Neptune - evasive, fantasy and depth.
Uranus - communication, evasive and illuminating.

Just briefly thinking about the subject, I know people who have sun conjunct pluto in Leo. I find them very charismatic. Controlled, unpenetratable, magnetic. Too strong tho for me to get close. HUGE ego's comes with the territory too. Just a thought before work! Blessings, tb

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
The most charismatic person I have met so far (now deceased) has a stellium of 7 planets in libra, from H9 across MC into H10. These trine his aquarian ascendant. Sun cj Neptune in that stellium. he was a total dream boat- witty, handsome (all heads turned when he entered a room) and charming to an incredible degree- beloved by men and women alike. He died from AIDS contracted in a gay love-in....There are 10 trines in his chart, and as someone said a number of squares and two oppositions. His stellium squared his H6 uranus (ruled by moon), H7 pluto receiving only good aspects.
He exuded confidence and won favour with his superiors easily, thus causing rancour with some workmates. He had friends from every sphere of life.Material possessions came easily to him, yet even with all this going for him he died a lonely and tortured death...James Dean's chart would be interesting to look at if anyone out there has it... lillyjgc

Lissa

I understand Venusian signs are associated with a certain charm,but both my parents and one of my classmates have Taurus rising and none of them is exacly what I would call charming LOL.A happy,well-positioned Venus makes for a pleasant,diplomatic individual with good social skills,but not everyone with Venus rising or an emphasis on Venusian signs will be charming and well-liked.I was totally shocked when I discovered one of my classmates has Libra rising;he has absolutely NOTHING to do with all the descriptions I've read about his Ascendant;he looks more like a crazy scientist than a loving diplomat.What I said about my Taurus-rising parents also applies to him:he's not charming at all and doesn't have a strong impact on the opposite sex(perhaps that's because his chart ruler is in detriment,altough my dad has an exalted Venus and he's not a particularly pleasant person as well).

Like I said before,I believe Pluto plays a very important role here,since Pluto has to do with magnetism,and charisma is the ability to draw people to you like a magnet.I believe Pluto and Venus combined show charisma,perhaps with a little Mercury in the mixture to help communication,whereas Jupiter shows popularity.The Leo-Aquarius axis is usually considered quite charismatic,and Scorpios can draw lots of people because of their intriguing mysterious vibe.