Does Saturn lift up blockages in a specific area that it touches?

helike13

Hello!

Does Saturn lift up its obstacles gradually where it's been placed or keeps it permanently during the whole lifetime?

ElenaJ

You can't change your natal chart and it's basic energies, but you can work on how you manifest that energy, so it can change over your lifetime.
Actually it can become a positive resource for you once you (not Saturn passively, but you actively) have overcome the obstacles that life puts across your life's path.

ardentika

I'd say wherever Saturn lies it's a lesson that needs to be learned and once mastered or at least you master the energies and know how to navigate through the challenges it presents, it becomes beneficial.

For example I have Saturn on ascendant which is generally considered a very tough position for it. And it was for most of my life because I was unaware of what it wanted to teach me. But without Saturn on asc I wouldn't build a personality if the rest of my chart stayed the same. I would constantly try to fit and take the shape of whatever j touch (Pisces rising).
This way Saturn will stop me and restrict me Everytime o try to do that.
However Everytime I exhibit personal qualities and stand my own ground and in my own beliefs regardless of what others might think, I reep rewards from that. That's how Saturn works. Basically this planet will never give you a free pass, but if you play along and trust it, then it all falls into place and Saturn becomes like Jupiter. Benevolent and gifting.

helike13

Thank you. How to get a clue what Saturn wants to teach and the most important, how to get any aid or hint to go through his lessons?

May I look the placement of the house ruler where Saturn has been placed?

ardentika

Well read as much psychological interpretation you can find for the position d your Saturn and try to apply it to your life. Try to feel it and see how it works for you. All it takes is a bit of time but I bet you will feel it intuitively .

You can check aspects Saturn makes in your chart as well. Are you asking about house ruler of your chart or mine ?

Osamenor

Staff member
Saturn works by making you work. Imagine it this way: suppose you were in an accident that left you unable to walk. You're not paralyzed, and you can learn to walk again, but not easily. You have to undergo intense physical therapy, and it takes several years.

Saturn is like that. In the accident scenario, when the accident has just happened, and you just got out of surgery, walking really is impossible. That's like Saturn's blockage when you first meet it. At first, it really is a blockage, because you haven't developed the ability to get past it.

But the more you work at your physical therapy, the less of an obstacle that accident becomes. It's still hard, but it's doable.

Eventually, if you work at it enough, you regain the ability to walk, and it's no longer hard. That's like a Saturn blockage that you've worked with over a lifetime. There does come a time when it ceases to be a blockage, but that's because you've done the work.

Frisiangal

Hello!

Does Saturn lift up its obstacles gradually where it's been placed or keeps it permanently during the whole lifetime?

I think this depends upon how you look upon anything you think, feel, or physically has an effect like a castle wall upon your life by stagnating its self development and growth (Jupiter traits).
Saturn represents a part of your own nature; it is not something outside of it. Yet, through projection, you can experience it as a situation or another who represents an authority above yourself.

Do your thoughts, feelings, physical situations restrict you in any way? OR do they act as a protector against (self) harm occuring?

Liz Greene's 'A New Look at an Old Devil' is a great book into the psychology of Saturn. Took me years to pluck up the courage to read it.:wink::smile:

helike13

Thank you all.

My Saturn conjuncts Mars in 5th house in Scorpio.

Women kept rejecting me as a sexual/romantic partner. That means it's not the case as Osamenor's example of an accident scenario. Because I tried over and over but I was getting the same results over and over again. So it's not the situation where repetition helps. It's a result of a bad method.

That's why I'm asking that there is any clue in the natal chart about the method how to 'defeat' Saturn?

Moondancing

Premium Member
Saturn is difficult and we resist seeing its effects or it's path to heal in our life. Take it slow! Saturn will reveal where you need work without understanding astrology. Look to where you have the greatest fear and see what is needed to unblock that fear, that is where you will find your work on Saturn's lessons.

Moon Dance

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Thank you all.

Women kept rejecting me as a sexual/romantic partner. That means it's not the case as Osamenor's example of an accident scenario. Because I tried over and over but I was getting the same results over and over again. So it's not the situation where repetition helps. It's a result of a bad method.

That's why I'm asking that there is any clue in the natal chart about the method how to 'defeat' Saturn?

Have you tried dating older women? Or Capricorn or Aquarius women? Or women who have Venus in those signs? Or women who wear a uniform for their work?
You probably tend to be too serious to enjoy parties, so should try to find "work" types of entertainment, like work-oriented cocktail parties or working a stand at, for example, a medical convention.
Find a formula that works for you, where the seriousness of Saturn is suitable to an enjoyable recreation activity.

helike13

Have you tried dating older women? Or Capricorn or Aquarius women? Or women who have Venus in those signs? Or women who wear a uniform for their work?
You probably tend to be too serious to enjoy parties, so should try to find "work" types of entertainment, like work-oriented cocktail parties or working a stand at, for example, a medical convention.
Find a formula that works for you, where the seriousness of Saturn is suitable to an enjoyable recreation activity.

I am not attracted to older women :)

My Venus is in H12 Gemini conjuct my Sun.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you all.

That's a seventh house issue, not a fifth house issue. Fifth house has more to do with hobbies, children, creativity, and activities with unpredictable outcomes, such as gambling. General approach to partnership is seventh house.

If people are having a lot of difficulty with couple relationships--finding one, keeping one, or having a happy one--that, in my experience, usually means they're not going about relationships in a way that suits their seventh house. In some cases, the fifth house part is working fine--that's likely to be the person who keeps getting short term relationships but can never seem to manage anything lasting--but they're out of touch with their seventh house needs.

Or, that means they're following the trickster pattern of their seventh house ruler and (if they have any) seventh house placements. All the planets have both trickster and teacher functions. The trickster function, if we're talking about Saturn, can mean believing that if you only persist at whatever you're doing, you'll reap the rewards, even if you've been at it for a while and aren't seeing any sign of the promised reward at all. Or that you're entirely responsible for everything, even if other people also are--and a relationship is a two part invention. Or that you'll never have anything you want/need. If Scorpio is your fifth place sign as well as your fifth house, and your DC is in Capricorn, Saturn rules it, so we could be seeing Saturn involvement here.

Regarding your fifth house, though, I would expect to see dedication and persistence in following your personal passions, with that Saturn/Mars conjunction. Probably, you have some sort of hobby--or have had--that's worked out very well for you. As I recall, you previously turned a hobby into a job: that's an example of the functionality of your fifth house.

helike13

Actually I have had struggles creating both short term and long term relationships. H7 (and H8 Aquarius) ruler Saturn is sitting in H5. So he tampers three of my houses.

Frisiangal

Fifth house has more to do with hobbies, children, creativity, and activities with unpredictable outcomes, such as gambling. General approach to partnership is seventh house.

Splitting hairs here, I know, but the 5th house has always been accepted as 'the house of what/how we (show) love', be it romantically, creatively, and parent/child relationships. A teacher once remarked that the fixed cross is 'the cross of love', each in its own manner.
Who one loves through a 5th house influence may not necessarily become the life partner through marriage. How many times do we see that when transits, especially Uranus, enters it?:wink:

It would seem that poster is not so much concerned about Saturn as a self-created influence in his life, but why he can't get a girlfriend.

Saturn in Scorpio can be associated with inhibitions. With a 12th house Sun-Venus, Cancer Ascendant, what attributes to his?
How and where is his Moon, that represents expectations, and Mars action and libido (ruler Scorpio in youth) placed? Are 5th and 7th house rulers aspected to each other, or do each work independently?

There's more to a person's situations than blaming Saturn.:wink:

helike13

Splitting hairs here, I know, but the 5th house has always been accepted as 'the house of what/how we (show) love', be it romantically, creatively, and parent/child relationships. A teacher once remarked that the fixed cross is 'the cross of love', each in its own manner.
Who one loves through a 5th house influence may not necessarily become the life partner through marriage. How many times do we see that when transits, especially Uranus, enters it?:wink:

It would seem that poster is not so much concerned about Saturn as a self-created influence in his life, but why he can't get a girlfriend.

Saturn in Scorpio can be associated with inhibitions. With a 12th house Sun-Venus, Cancer Ascendant, what attributes to his?
How and where is his Moon, that represents expectations, and Mars action and libido (ruler Scorpio in youth) placed? Are 5th and 7th house rulers aspected to each other, or do each work independently?

There's more to a person's situations than blaming Saturn.:wink:

Thank you. My Moon conjuncts my ASC trines Mars-Saturn in H5 Scorpio.

http://imgur.com/gallery/3q8DnvE

And there is a tight Yod in the chart.

helike13

I'll try again.

babd0014b8763bf88ca4232eadbf2b36.png