Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :) (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100450)

northernstar 12-14-2016 07:27 PM

Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Dear all,

I have been snooping around on this site for a while already, started a few treads, gotten loads of useful answers and learnt a lot in a short while....

I work in science, have a PhD- but have had an interest in astrology/alternative topics and the "unknown" since I was a child. Recently consulted an astrologer who, based on my chart, literally demanded that I started courses in astro as I had several aspects in my natal chart implying that such "studies" would suit me. At least I find it incredibly interesting.... Time and time again I find that the aspects and influences fit into situations and experiences I have had.

Looking forward to learn a lot more in here!

Cheers from frosty Scandinavia...

muchacho 12-15-2016 01:57 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Hi there and welcome! Scandinavia is a great place. I'm curious what those aspects are that demand starting astro courses right away. Can you elaborate?

aquarius7000 12-15-2016 02:00 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Hi,

Welcome :)

I spent some time in Aarhus, DK.

Would be great to see your natal chart and learn from it. But do not post it on this Introduce Yourself Board, rather on Read My Chart.

northernstar 12-26-2016 09:41 PM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by muchacho (Post 746664)
Hi there and welcome! Scandinavia is a great place. I'm curious what those aspects are that demand starting astro courses right away. Can you elaborate?

Thanks a lot! Hmm well, let's see if i can remember what he said (the following is just from the top of my head and probably referred in a lousy way :)).. I think the first thing was that I have my moon in aquarius in the 10th house- which is a good placement careerwise- but also (according to him), this placement is about moving from the conscious to the subconscious, from the personal to the transpersonal. And since aquarius is connected to astrology, he emphasized this. astrology as timeless wisdom. Also, he said that the moon rules my cancer ascendant- and ascendant representing the future, then astrology would possibly be important here for me (the context was of course that he knew I had an interest in astrology, but am aiming to change my work situation from now on).

Then he emphasized my sun being placed in the 12th house, which is connected to the transpersonal sphere. And placed together w jupiter which represents expansion of consciousness, but also the soul (and here he kept emphasizing astrology as one of the pilars for timeless wisdom that could be one topic to move forw with for me). Then my sun is opp Neptune in my natal, and as far as i can recall he emphasized both jup and nep as good influences to my sun in terms of the subjective and things connected to the soul (again astro being one way to expand my subj knowledge as i have an interest in it). And then he emphasized my ascendant being in cancer- ascending up to the soul.I need to search enlightenment, and cancer is "about building an enlighted house- about me becoming an enlightes house (but not only with scientific wisdom)" (??) - again soul, subj knowledge-astro.

Sorry if this is extremely messy and a bad description of what he said, but these are the aspects i can remember him talking about. There were others as well, but don't recall now..

northernstar 12-26-2016 09:47 PM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aquarius7000 (Post 746666)
Hi,

Welcome :)

I spent some time in Aarhus, DK.

Would be great to see your natal chart and learn from it. But do not post it on this Introduce Yourself Board, rather on Read My Chart.

Thanks a lot, aquarius7000!

Århus is great- I'm located a bit futher north :)

Hmm, in post #11 in this thread, you can see my chart!!! :) Happy for any input you may bring there, for the coming year, the pkuto influence coming up or other things :)

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=99663

Ps the "proverb" or what I may call it at the bottom of the post almost brought tears to my eyes! you surely are a kind soul :)

wan 12-27-2016 01:52 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Your sun might be in my 4th house and your asc. might trine my moon.

:joyful:

aquarius7000 12-27-2016 01:59 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Hi,

Just noticed that I read your chart on the Introduce Yourself forum, so moving it to the link you provided of your thread. :)

AppLeo 12-27-2016 02:28 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Hello northern star!! Welcome to the forum :3

northernstar 12-27-2016 11:14 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AppLeo (Post 752172)
Hello northern star!! Welcome to the forum :3

Thanks a lot!! Thrilled to find such an interesting forum :)

muchacho 12-27-2016 01:32 PM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by northernstar (Post 752033)
Thanks a lot! Hmm well, let's see if i can remember what he said (the following is just from the top of my head and probably referred in a lousy way :)).. I think the first thing was that I have my moon in aquarius in the 10th house- which is a good placement careerwise- but also (according to him), this placement is about moving from the conscious to the subconscious, from the personal to the transpersonal. And since aquarius is connected to astrology, he emphasized this. astrology as timeless wisdom. Also, he said that the moon rules my cancer ascendant- and ascendant representing the future, then astrology would possibly be important here for me (the context was of course that he knew I had an interest in astrology, but am aiming to change my work situation from now on).

Then he emphasized my sun being placed in the 12th house, which is connected to the transpersonal sphere. And placed together w jupiter which represents expansion of consciousness, but also the soul (and here he kept emphasizing astrology as one of the pilars for timeless wisdom that could be one topic to move forw with for me). Then my sun is opp Neptune in my natal, and as far as i can recall he emphasized both jup and nep as good influences to my sun in terms of the subjective and things connected to the soul (again astro being one way to expand my subj knowledge as i have an interest in it). And then he emphasized my ascendant being in cancer- ascending up to the soul.I need to search enlightenment, and cancer is "about building an enlighted house- about me becoming an enlightes house (but not only with scientific wisdom)" (??) - again soul, subj knowledge-astro.

Sorry if this is extremely messy and a bad description of what he said, but these are the aspects i can remember him talking about. There were others as well, but don't recall now..

Okay, apart from the Cancer/soul ascension, that makes some sense. Moon in Aquarius tends to have a more impersonal approach, Sun in the 12th may indicate interest in spirituality, especially with the aspects you've mentioned. And 1st house ruler (Moon) in the 10th is usually seen as very beneficial in terms of career. If you want to know more about your career you may try and find out where your 10th house ruler (Saturn/Uranus) is placed.

northernstar 12-29-2016 05:22 PM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by muchacho (Post 752313)
Okay, apart from the Cancer/soul ascension, that makes some sense. Moon in Aquarius tends to have a more impersonal approach, Sun in the 12th may indicate interest in spirituality, especially with the aspects you've mentioned. And 1st house ruler (Moon) in the 10th is usually seen as very beneficial in terms of career. If you want to know more about your career you may try and find out where your 10th house ruler (Saturn/Uranus) is placed.

thanks for answering. Hmm now i am a tad confused. My 10th house in in pisces- I thought the rulers were neptune/jup then? Or is saturn and uranus also conneced to 10th house? Sorry, i am a rookie .. my natal saturn is in the 3rd and uranus in the 5th

muchacho 12-30-2016 04:05 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
I went with your explanation earlier. You said your 10th house is in Aquarius. Anyways, my bad. I should have actually looked at your chart.

Since you were born in the higher latitudes regions, some houses are rather small and some rather large which makes it a little confusing for beginners. So I suggest you try out whole sign houses where one house covers exactly one whole sign.

In your case that means the entire sign of Cancer is your 1st house, Leo your 2nd, etc.... and your 10th house would be in Aries then. So your chart ruler Moon is in the 8th in Aquarius, Sun as ruler of the 2nd in the 12th house in Gemini and Mars as ruler of the 10th in the 11th in Taurus.

Hope that makes sense.

northernstar 12-31-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muchacho (Post 753643)
I went with your explanation earlier. You said your 10th house is in Aquarius. Anyways, my bad. I should have actually looked at your chart.

Since you were born in the higher latitudes regions, some houses are rather small and some rather large which makes it a little confusing for beginners. So I suggest you try out whole sign houses where one house covers exactly one whole sign.

In your case that means the entire sign of Cancer is your 1st house, Leo your 2nd, etc.... and your 10th house would be in Aries then. So your chart ruler Moon is in the 8th in Aquarius, Sun as ruler of the 2nd in the 12th house in Gemini and Mars as ruler of the 10th in the 11th in Taurus.

Hope that makes sense.

Ah i see! My 10th is mainly in pisces but a small part of it in aquarius where the moon is placed.

Yeah i have read about the equal house system but it makes me kind of confused that houses may change signs just by chosing a different system.. it's like picking the "truth" that may suit us best.. makes it difficult for a beginner to learn this "science" :/ but ill try to learn

muchacho 01-01-2017 01:52 AM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Careful, I said whole sign houses, not equal houses! There's a difference. In the higher latitudes Placidus doesn't work. But you have to try it out for yourself.

northernstar 01-01-2017 04:56 PM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by muchacho (Post 754151)
Careful, I said whole sign houses, not equal houses! There's a difference. In the higher latitudes Placidus doesn't work. But you have to try it out for yourself.

Ah- thanks for the clarification!! I tried it now, and it's still a bit confusing, though. Because if I use tha placidus system, pluto is now about to cross my DC and head into my 7th house. If I use the whole house system, pluto is now half way through my 7th (with acs-dc line in the middle of the 7th), and if i use the equal house system, I get yet another version with the planets changing houses/signs..

wish there was only one truth out there, would help me learn. But if you say placidus is not working at such high latitudes, the interpretations i've gotten and made for my chart must be revised.. With the whole sign system, my sun and jupiter are still in 12th, while by using the equal, they are in the 11th.. I struggle to see how i should pick one system and settle for that..

muchacho 01-02-2017 01:55 PM

Re: Gemini sun/cancer asc/aqua moon says hello :)
 
You have to do a full chart analysis if you are comparing different house systems or else you'll draw the wrong conclusions based on just two or three random factors.

I suggest you also try out how the rulerships are changing because that usually translates into concrete life events that you then can verify by your own past experience.

Let's take your Moon as an example. With Placidus your Moon is in the 10th, with whole sign in the 8th. Which means the ruler of the 1st in the 8th instead of the 10th. That's quite a difference in terms of life path! If you do this with all the other planets and check that against your past experiences than it should become clear what house system you should use.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.