Jupiter in Gemini / 12H

LovelyMissAries

I didn't know whether this goes in the Houses forum, or here. Mods, please move if necessary.

I know Jupiter doesn't function naturally in Gemini, but I wondered about how this placement functioned when in the 12th house. The 12th house oversees our private life. In my mind I was thinking Jupiter in Gemini in the 12th would mean someone thinks a lot but maybe doesn't share it. BUT... is the purpose of this placement to teach the native to express themselves in order to reap Jupitarian benefits?

Hope that makes sense.

JUPITERASC

I didn't know whether this goes in the Houses forum, or here. Mods, please move if necessary.

I know Jupiter doesn't function naturally in Gemini, but
I wondered about how this placement functioned when in the 12th house.

The 12th house oversees our private life.
In my mind I was thinking Jupiter in Gemini in the 12th would mean someone thinks a lot but maybe doesn't share it.
BUT... is the purpose of this placement to teach the native
to express themselves in order to reap Jupitarian benefits?
Hope that makes sense.
That's dependent on individual natal chart :smile:

greybeard

I've been living with a 12th house Gemini Jupiter for near 80 years now. Can't say as I've noticed any particular Gemini effects. Well, now that I think on it....

Gemini is restless, Jupiter expansive...foreign travel and such. Self-defeating 12th. OK. Jupiter is in partile applying trioctile with lord of Asc Moon.

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Aspects are dynamic. They show action. Signs are energy fields; and like a field of battle, or field of endeavor, determine the conditions under which the actions are carried out. Seen in a certain light, they have to do with purpose.

Aspects tell "what will happen."

So look to the aspects. And don't forget Mercury, aspects or no; he is lord of Jupiter and determinate.

And in reading any particular, such as Jupiter in Gemini in 12th, we must at all times keep the whole chart in mind. The chart represents an organic whole.

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

Mods, can you move this to the appropriate forum? If we're getting more into my own chart then this isn't the right place for it. Thank you in advance.

@JupiterASC - yes, speaking of me and my own chart. :) Mercury is in Aries in 11H, mutual reception with Mars in the 12H. Sextiles Mars and ASC. Its conjunct Sun and Venus. I believe it semisquares my Moon but no one has really ever paid attention to that, so I haven't either. It has a wide square to Saturn and Neptune as well, and they're in the 7H.

@Graybeard - My Jupiter doesn't aspect a lot really. It squares my MC and that's it. But I tend not to open up about what I'm thinking, preferring to keep it neutral, but I notice a pattern that I feel relieved and get what I want (a Jupiter theme) when I DO communicate (Gemini), but this has been a "battle" to master (12th house issue)

greybeard

If Jupiter is unaspected that is very important. Also, and especially since he is otherwise without aspect, the senisquare is very important.

The trioctile of Moon to Jupiter in my own chart is "life-changing". Minor aspects can be major players.

JUPITERASC

Mods, can you move this to the appropriate forum? If we're getting more into my own chart then this isn't the right place for it. Thank you in advance.

@JupiterASC - yes, speaking of me and my own chart.

:) Mercury is in Aries in 11H, mutual reception with Mars in the 12H. Sextiles Mars and ASC. Its conjunct Sun and Venus. I believe it semisquares my Moon but no one has really ever paid attention to that, so I haven't either. It has a wide square to Saturn and Neptune as well, and they're in the 7H.
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

MOBILE

1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload

3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'

4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

@Graybeard - My Jupiter doesn't aspect a lot really. It squares my MC and that's it. But I tend not to open up about what I'm thinking, preferring to keep it neutral, but I notice a pattern that I feel relieved and get what I want (a Jupiter theme) when I DO communicate (Gemini), but this has been a "battle" to master (12th house issue)

katydid

I have Jupiter in the 12th. It is in Taurus so it is a different 'flavour' than your Jupiter, but it is in the 12th.

I have looked a lot at 12th house Jupiters. I love this placement.

I feel like there is an overall LUCKY, beneficial karmic gift, that comes along with Jupiter in the 12th. Like your soul has accrued a certain amount of cosmic, metaphysical wisdom over many lifetimes, and so you enter this incarnation with a general understanding of cosmic forces and your place in the cosmos.

Most people with Jupiter in the 12th, seem to comprehend Universal Spiritual Principles, and try to stay in harmony with the greater good and the Higher Forces. At least that has been my experience.

[ as opposed to what I sometimes see with 'Saturn/Pluto afflicted in the 12th' natives....:bandit:]

Something else I have noticed with Jupiter in the 12th natives---many have had very very close brushes with death, only to be saved by miraculous coincidental circumstances.
Some have had near death experiences , where they were so near death the bright light came to them while unconscious and they made their way back to consciousness--and returned to their mortal lives.

I drowned as a young teen and the beach lifeguards resuscitated me. My life passed before my eyes, I saw the mega white light, but chose to return to my life. That was a major turning point in my life.

Last edited:

katydid

Also, besides the difference in our Jupiter's sign placement---- my Jupiter aspects just about every planet in my chart. And it is in the 12th but conjunct the Asc.