Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Natal Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age? (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128368)

helike13 07-28-2019 04:16 PM

Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Hello!

Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages.

In my case.... I noticed the opposite.

In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

So trickster Saturn says: 'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'

What are your perceptions about this?

JUPITERASC 07-28-2019 05:41 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 989436)

Hello!
Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages.
In my case.... I noticed the opposite.
In my early life I had many opportunities
to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart.
But I was keep failing from time to time.
As I age I get less and less opportunities.
So trickster Saturn says:
'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities
so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'
What are your perceptions about this?

Not all astrologers are in agreement on this topic :smile:

IleneK 07-28-2019 06:18 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 989436)
Hello!

Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages.

In my case.... I noticed the opposite.

In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

So trickster Saturn says: 'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'

What are your perceptions about this?

Two points:
First, Saturn is no trickster; Saturn is solid, meat and potatoes. The real thing. And Saturn is about maturation.
So, yes, as you grow older, if you do in fact mature :biggrin:, then you will find Saturnian matters much easier to deal with.
And Saturn is not about opportunities; Jupiter is. Saturn is about working hard to take advantage of opportunities.

Second, when looking at your natal chart, I do not follow what you mean by "work [in] that field what Saturn represents in my chart." I do not see Saturn governing fields of work for you.

The house of employment is the 10th house or 10th sign depending upon how you look at houses, but either way, they are ruled by Jupiter and Mars. The 6th, which might cover certain kinds of work, is also ruled by Jupiter. Saturn rules your 7th house of relationship and the 8th house of the outcome of relationship.

Your relationship to Saturn in your natal chart might be connected with the cause of failing at your jobs, but it does not influence the opportunity for work as best as I can see.

That is my perception of it.

Hkk 09-08-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 989436)
Hello!

Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages.

In my case.... I noticed the opposite.

In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

So trickster Saturn says: 'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'

What are your perceptions about this?

Reading your thread this is what Iím thinking! I could handle Saturn better when I was younger and starting my career and then after Saturn return it all went **** up and as Iím relaxing as Iím getting older when Saturn turns its head in my direction I get agitated and well 😡 pissed off. At what point in age does Saturn actually get better. My natal chart Iím a cap sum with Saturn in my first house with Jupiter and Pluto. I had my Saturn return at 29/30 and it wasnít the nicest. But here it is again and itís been an absolute nightmare. Nightmare. Maybe it gets better after 40 🤷🏻*♀️

greybeard 09-08-2019 06:07 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
I am 77 years old, now in the dominions of Saturn.

We might concede that in regard to the question, I know whereof I speak.

Saturn is usually gentler with age. Of course at my age the body is declining and ultimately collapses.

Like all else in life, much depends on our attitude.

helike13 09-09-2019 07:22 AM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
@greybeard:

What's your Saturn placement and it aspects?

greybeard 09-09-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 998341)
@greybeard:

What's your Saturn placement and it aspects?

My chart is not secret, but neither do I publish it. I share my birthday with Babe Ruth and Ronnie Reagan, but am not president and have never hit a home run. And I am 77. So if your interest is strong, that will get you close enough.

helike13 09-09-2019 03:31 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Mars and Saturn together....

I have the same aspect but the conjunction is tighter.

Even they are placed in Scorpio where Mars is on Home Field and Saturn has no dignity... But I feel Saturn more than Mars. Guest Saturn simply overpowers Mars.

greybeard 09-09-2019 04:13 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
In the applying aspect, Mars must pass through Saturn...the Greater Malefic. Mars is the Lesser Malefic. Oh! Saturn must be the stronger.
Read the descriptions of the planets. Mars is immediate; Saturn's effects are permanent. Etc.

For delineation, use keywords. And try WilsonTC's sentences.

For example: Mars = violence or force; Saturn is control, discipline, repression or restraint. Therefore, restrained violence, disciplined application of force. The sign and house also enter play. Taurus is lazy, wants to accomplish task in one fell swoop. So, highly efficient application of energy, disciplined, restrained. In working, fighting, sex. Great endurance, resistance to hardship, etc.

Very important aspect in anyone's chart, different in each.

In the separating aspect, Mars has already gone past the damping influence of Saturn; the pressure is less and diminishing. Easier to breathe.

Your Mars is in domicile; mine is in debility, and at the apex of a Fixed T-square. Much different.

I have fought (Mars) my father (Saturn) my whole life...even after he was long since in Valhalla.

About orbs: mine is -8į06'... There is no doubt that in my case the conjunction is effective. Ten degrees works just fine. And you can always tighten the orb.

Hkk 09-09-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 998400)
Mars and Saturn together....

I have the same aspect but the conjunction is tighter.

Even they are placed in Scorpio where Mars is on Home Field and Saturn has no dignity... But I feel Saturn more than Mars. Guest Saturn simply overpowers Mars.

Have u always had struggled due to Saturn. Ignore me with my pessimism. At the moment with Saturn in cap itís causing me issues 😬

or1000 09-09-2019 04:33 PM

I do hope so

greybeard 09-09-2019 04:57 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Look. Life ain't easy. But it's beautiful. Don't fight it (you won't win); enjoy it.

I look at life as a daily adventure. The day may be sunny, or stormy. But it's life, my adventure, and I'll take the storms (which test me, and I like that) along with the sunshine.

So when Saturn comes calling, don't moan and groan. Smile, figure out what your duty is in the particular situation and fulfill it. Hard times are necessary and lead to growth and strength.

Mars is iron; Saturn is carbon. The two together, properly balanced, make steel. But first they must pass through the fire.

Hkk 09-09-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybeard (Post 998417)
Look. Life ain't easy. But it's beautiful. Don't fight it (you won't win); enjoy it.

I look at life as a daily adventure. The day may be sunny, or stormy. But it's life, my adventure, and I'll take the storms (which test me, and I like that) along with the sunshine.

So when Saturn comes calling, don't moan and groan. Smile, figure out what your duty is in the particular situation and fulfill it. Hard times are necessary and lead to growth and strength.

Mars is iron; Saturn is carbon. The two together, properly balanced, make steel. But first they must pass through the fire.

Thank you for the advice G. Itís appreciated from someone with your wisdom! Saturn is harsh and yes we should enjoy life regardless. Itís easier said than done when youíre in the thick of it however remembering it will pass and itís just a lesson and your words of wisdom can help. Thank you 😊

helike13 09-09-2019 10:50 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

Your Mars is in domicile; mine is in debility, and at the apex of a Fixed T-square. Much different.
My Mars-Saturn is a corner of a Mystic Rectangle and a "leg" of a Yod.

They are separating in my progressed chart because Mars turned direct when I was 18 but I don't feel any ease.

Quote:

Have u always had struggled due to Saturn. Ignore me with my pessimism
The Saturn effect kicked in when I was around 12-14. Actually I found out my Saturn mahadasha (in Vedic) started when I was 16 and ends this year :)

Quote:

So when Saturn comes calling, don't moan and groan. Smile, figure out what your duty is in the particular situation and fulfill it. Hard times are necessary and lead to growth and strength.
Actually I don't really understands his lessons. I just see my life passing by and no progress in that particular area.

or1000 09-09-2019 11:10 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 998493)
My Mars-Saturn is a corner of a Mystic Rectangle and a "leg" of a Yod.

They are separating in my progressed chart because Mars turned direct when I was 18 but I don't feel any ease.



The Saturn effect kicked in when I was around 12-14. Actually I found out my Saturn mahadasha (in Vedic) started when I was 16 and ends this year :)



Actually I don't really understands his lessons. I just see my life passing by and no progress in that particular area.

I have a mystic rectangle and feeling as if life passes with no improvement. The thing is with Saturn, i do believe it will reward your hard work, grit and determination. With the force that Saturn gives you in an area of your life, it gives you a chance at becoming very familiar with this area of life because of the stubborn nature of it and your need to persist. Do you see what I mean?

helike13 09-10-2019 05:53 AM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

I have a mystic rectangle and feeling as if life passes with no improvement
So it's a Mystic Rectangle thing.... Saturn is innocent :)

Quote:

With the force that Saturn gives you in an area of your life, it gives you a chance at becoming very familiar with this area of life because of the stubborn nature of it and your need to persist. Do you see what I mean?
Saturn says "it will not gonna happen whatever you do.... you're doomed"

And as my age advances.... I feel less chance to make something happen regarding that life area. Actually I feel steered away from that life area by my fate. Especially after my first Saturn Return.

And my Saturn is intercepted... So there are three different signs in that particular house which means lot of lessons must be learned there. But I'm 35 now and I am at the starting line..... Light years from people of my age group.

helike13 09-10-2019 05:59 AM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

For example: Mars = violence or force; Saturn is control, discipline, repression or restraint. Therefore, restrained violence, disciplined application of force. The sign and house also enter play. Taurus is lazy, wants to accomplish task in one fell swoop. So, highly efficient application of energy, disciplined, restrained. In working, fighting, sex. Great endurance, resistance to hardship, etc.
This is actually a great energy if evolved. Grounded, tender aggression.

Hkk 09-10-2019 08:43 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 998589)
So it's a Mystic Rectangle thing.... Saturn is innocent :)



Saturn says "it will not gonna happen whatever you do.... you're doomed"

And as my age advances.... I feel less chance to make something happen regarding that life area. Actually I feel steered away from that life area by my fate. Especially after my first Saturn Return.

And my Saturn is intercepted... So there are three different signs in that particular house which means lot of lessons must be learned there. But I'm 35 now and I am at the starting line..... Light years from people of my age group.

Which area of life do you feel less chance to make something happen?

wilsontc 09-11-2019 12:43 AM

Saturn and respnsibility, to heilke
 
heilke,

You said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 989436)
Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages...In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

Saturn is about responsibility and the consequences of NOT taking responsibility. While I have never heard any astrologer say that Saturn was "easy," if you take responsibility for your life and work out your responsibilities in your life, then your Saturn return time tends to go smoothly. On the other hand, if somehow you do not take responsibility or do not get your responsibilities worked out, the Saturn return time can be very challenging, as you suddenly are required to be very responsible about everything in your life.

About responsibility,

Tim

helike13 09-11-2019 03:16 AM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
My Saturn Return was 5 years ago so it's over. That time an opportunity had been shown up which I took.

Quote:

Which area of life do you feel less chance to make something happen?
I have Saturn in 5th house in Scorpio.... While others usually dive into romance and sexuality in their teens.... For me to lose my virginity is still a plan but I'm 35 now... 😬

Just 2 decades in retard...🥺

peep 09-11-2019 05:34 PM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
Hello! I think Saturn brings large amount of fear and bitterness in a person. I have Saturn in Sagittarius in 12th house and Saturn conjunct Ascendant. A lot of setbacks, obstructions and disappointment in life. Depression has been a huge issue. Still is. Yes Saturn takes work but here I am still living and breathing. Still working. Managing your fears is the key.

Hkk 09-11-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 998690)
My Saturn Return was 5 years ago so it's over. That time an opportunity had been shown up which I took.



I have Saturn in 5th house in Scorpio.... While others usually dive into romance and sexuality in their teens.... For me to lose my virginity is still a plan but I'm 35 now... 😬

Just 2 decades in retard...🥺

Is th barrier meeting the right one or the fact you just donít go there yourself? Eg your not comfortable etc?

helike13 09-12-2019 04:37 AM

Re: Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?
 
@peep

An angular Saturn must be tough....

@hkk

I have always been rejected and friendzoned by my crushes....

wilsontc 09-13-2019 12:19 AM

responsible dating, to helike
 
helike,

You said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by helike13 (Post 998690)
I have Saturn in 5th house in Scorpio.... While others usually dive into romance and sexuality in their teens...

As mentioned, Saturn is about responsibility. The 5th house is about dating, recreational sex, and children. While for others dating is a fun thing to do which might end up in a "one night stand" for you dating is a very serious business. You are very aware that anyone you have sex with could cause a baby to be born. So it's serious business to date someone, since it could lead to a life-long responsibility. As a result, you move very slowly in dating and will not jump into sex as others around you do.

About Saturn and responsibility,

Tim


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.