Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot topic arena (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125407)

petosiris 05-28-2019 04:19 PM

Re: List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974669)
It's called "astrology". You should try some of mine, see if you like it! :cool:

Nah, I already have the dankest ideas, try reading my posts :rightful:

Inline 05-28-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 959786)

.....I am just more judgemental of our ''traditional'' approach, just as your typical traditional astrologer is more judgemental of outers.....I will stand by my belief that horary astrology is sorcery.....

Giggle.....

....you call it 'our traditional approach' but 'stand by your belief'(s) - and you believe that 'horary astrology is sorcery'....

Did you make couple of predictions that didn't work out...teehee??

david starling 05-28-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974733)
Nah, I already have the dankest ideas, try reading my posts :rightful:

I read them.

petosiris 05-28-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inline (Post 974746)
Giggle.....

....you call it 'our traditional approach' but 'stand by your belief'(s) - and you believe that 'horary astrology is sorcery'....

Did you make couple of predictions that didn't work out...teehee??

I was never interested in horary, it's a bit cringy to me.

david starling 05-28-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974684)
Spoken like a person who does not understand biological evolution.

We've created an artificial environment that obviates against natural selection, which is necessary for evolution.

petosiris 05-28-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974748)
I read them.

Good, good. :devil:

petosiris 05-28-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974750)
We've created an artificial environment that obviates against natural selection, which is necessary for evolution.

Not entirely, but to a large extent, yes. Good traits matter little nowadays, and the bad ones are not weed out.

petosiris 05-29-2019 03:35 PM

I am a modern guy, the ancient astrologers were really dumb.

Problem is that modern astrologers are often many times more dumb. So yeah my astrology is going to look more like traditional.

petosiris 05-29-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inline (Post 974746)

How does astrology operate in your worldview?

david starling 05-29-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974943)
How does astrology operate in your worldview?

Magnetic Field Matrix.

Inline 05-29-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974749)

....I was never interested in horary, it's a bit cringy to me.

Thats probably how everyone looks at horary at first....you have to find your obsession.

Maybe you will find a new system?

You will have to prove it - accurate prediction is the only way of prove anything here.

petosiris 05-29-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inline (Post 974967)
Thats probably how everyone looks at horary at first....you have to find your obsession.

Maybe you will find a new system?

You will have to prove it - accurate prediction is the only way of prove anything here.

I am just sharing my opinion, you can have your opinion, and that is fine. I've rarely felt the need to ask or require horary questions because of Hellenistic natal.

petosiris 05-29-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974963)
Magnetic Field Matrix.

God supplies us all our needs.

petosiris 05-29-2019 10:51 PM

''But as it is, those who bastardize this science with fancy words and complicated schemes find it easy to persuade not only those who are uninitiated into this art but also those who have something to boast of and who have a great reputation. Their success in persuading comes from the fact that their wizardry and effrontery is hard to grasp. Such men do not consider errors to be setbacks and they are successful in their brazenness, since they do not have blushes as the refutation of their ignorance. Instead they strut the stage like tragic or comic characters, walking in the ways of deceit, not of truth.''

''For often (as I have said) not only have these deceptive men and their spiritual fathers falsified the times and wronged our science; I have learned this from my spiritual ancestors as well. But they do this since they wished in one moment to hear things which are in accord with their desires and are mixed <with honor>, and to be involved with impossible things by means of some wicked magic art. After they have learned from the ignorant and done with enthusiasm what they should not have done, they then enjoy praise and honors, and repay their enemies: they revile honored men, the experienced <astrologers>, on the grounds that they cannot easily make forecasts nor compose treatises in detail. They do not know that the details of each nativity are grasped only with much labor and investigation. Later thay fail in their expectations, and they not only repent and bring censure in a precarious and painful way on their own falsehoods, but they also call this science “unreal” and consider its practitioners as enemies. Thus it happens that this science has been dishonored in the eyes of the public by a few men unworthy of it.'' - https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf

''Secondly, most, for the sake of gain, claim credence for another art in the name of this, and deceive the vulgar, because they are reputed to foretell many things, even those that cannot naturally be known beforehand, while to the more thoughtful they have thereby given occasion to pass equally unfavourable judgement upon the natural subjects of prophecy.'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...los/1A*.html#2

''One should now be able to recognize whatever good there may be in the books of the ancient Roman, Greek, and Arabian astrologers, who only received the truths of this divine science through that tradition handed down by Adam and his successors, and then left it to us devoid of an understanding of principles and spoiled by inventions, absurdities, and so much that is worthless.'' - The Morinus System of Horoscope Interpretation translated by Richard S. Baldwin. The American Federation of Astrologers, Washington, DC 1974.

petosiris 05-29-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974992)
''But as it is, those who bastardize this science with fancy words and complicated schemes find it easy to persuade not only those who are uninitiated into this art but also those who have something to boast of and who have a great reputation. Their success in persuading comes from the fact that their wizardry and effrontery is hard to grasp. Such men do not consider errors to be setbacks and they are successful in their brazenness, since they do not have blushes as the refutation of their ignorance. Instead they strut the stage like tragic or comic characters, walking in the ways of deceit, not of truth.''

''For often (as I have said) not only have these deceptive men and their spiritual fathers falsified the times and wronged our science; I have learned this from my spiritual ancestors as well. But they do this since they wished in one moment to hear things which are in accord with their desires and are mixed <with honor>, and to be involved with impossible things by means of some wicked magic art. After they have learned from the ignorant and done with enthusiasm what they should not have done, they then enjoy praise and honors, and repay their enemies: they revile honored men, the experienced <astrologers>, on the grounds that they cannot easily make forecasts nor compose treatises in detail. They do not know that the details of each nativity are grasped only with much labor and investigation. Later thay fail in their expectations, and they not only repent and bring censure in a precarious and painful way on their own falsehoods, but they also call this science “unreal” and consider its practitioners as enemies. Thus it happens that this science has been dishonored in the eyes of the public by a few men unworthy of it.'' - https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf

''Secondly, most, for the sake of gain, claim credence for another art in the name of this, and deceive the vulgar, because they are reputed to foretell many things, even those that cannot naturally be known beforehand, while to the more thoughtful they have thereby given occasion to pass equally unfavourable judgement upon the natural subjects of prophecy.'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...los/1A*.html#2

''One should now be able to recognize whatever good there may be in the books of the ancient Roman, Greek, and Arabian astrologers, who only received the truths of this divine science through that tradition handed down by Adam and his successors, and then left it to us devoid of an understanding of principles and spoiled by inventions, absurdities, and so much that is worthless.'' - The Morinus System of Horoscope Interpretation translated by Richard S. Baldwin. The American Federation of Astrologers, Washington, DC 1974.

Who are these people talking about? :unsure:

david starling 05-29-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974988)
God supplies us all our needs.

Should the concept of the "Adversary" be factored in? Looks like the two major religions that formed and took power around the time of the "Dark Ages" have need of an actual being usually referred to as "Satan" to explain the evil that exists. How should astrology handle that (or not), in your opinion?

JUPITERASC 05-29-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974997)

Should the concept of the "Adversary" be factored in?
Looks like
the two major religions that formed and took power
around the time of the "Dark Ages"
have need of an actual being usually referred to as "Satan"
to explain the evil that exists.

How should astrology handle that (or not), in your opinion?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/ff...1917628d8a.png

petosiris 05-29-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 974997)
Should the concept of the "Adversary" be factored in? Looks like the two major religions that formed and took power around the time of the "Dark Ages" have need of an actual being usually referred to as "Satan" to explain the evil that exists. How should astrology handle that (or not), in your opinion?

Astrology is falsifiable, and deals with falsifiable matters, unlike most religious beliefs.

petosiris 05-29-2019 11:29 PM

''The science of astrology was developed in, most probably, the late 2nd or early 1st century B.C., as a mean to predict, from horoscopic themata draw up for the moment of an individual's birth (or conception), the fate of that native. This form of astrology, called genethlialogy, is rooted in Aristotelean physics and Hellenistic astronomy, but also borrowed much from Mesopotamia and some elements from Egypt as well as developing many theories of its own... All of these types of astrology depend on the notion that the planets, in their eternal rotations about the earth, transmit motion (change) to the four elements and to the assemblages of elements, animate or inanimate, in the sublunar world. This theory is completely different from that of celestial omens, in which the gods, whose physical manifestations are the constellations and planets send messages concerning their intentions regarding kings and countries by means of celestial phenomena.'' - Pingree, D. E. (1997). From astral omens to astrology: from Babylon to Bīkāner.

david starling 05-29-2019 11:36 PM

Sublunar world? Is there an agreed-upon definition?

petosiris 05-29-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david starling (Post 975010)
Sublunar world? Is there an agreed-upon definition?

The world beneath the orbit of the Moon. Because by ''Earth'', the ancients technically also included the atmosphere. Aristotle thought that the world above is unchanging and that comets and other irregular appearances occurred only in the sublunar world, rather than in the unchanging aether, an opinion that was falsified by Tycho Brahe with SN 1572 and the Great Comet of 1577.

david starling 05-29-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUPITERASC (Post 974999)

That was an ancient Roman addition to the Latin calendar-week. Nothing to do with the Hebrew Sabbath-day. The exact opposite, really.

Opal 05-31-2019 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974994)

Let me read it a few times......I am still reading your other......:biggrin:......but, my work season is so busy.........

I am curious.....do you own a concordance.......?

Opal 05-31-2019 04:33 AM

I don't believe that astrology is new. It is ancient beyond our capacity to see......it has always been......probably brought with us from our past home.......accredited to Babylonian's and Sumerian's and other because we can't trace back far enough to the root......

Opal 05-31-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petosiris (Post 974994)

After reading it a few times......my best guess is politicians and their clergymen......

I am now headed to your links......