Should I Pursue Music?

Cary2

Banned
That looks good to me. Especially the vocal part. You have Sun at the Mc/As midpoint. You have a star quality, and you probably want to be famous. Saturn squares the Venus/Mercury midpoint suggesting an artist. Not to mention that you have Venus in the Tenth House.

katydid

Hi, I like art in general but I have to narrow down what I'll pursue to master/focus on them. After much thought, I think I want to have a career in music and poetry. My intuition says it's the right choice and I got the green light from other spiritual practices I do (tarot reading, etc). I really like music and I like analyzing my favorite songs' compositions (how sounds go so well together). I also would like to explore many musical instruments. I also feel like I'm the type of person who likes variety and music has that. I don't have any background in said field but there are moments when I'd sing in karaoke with my classmates and they'd tell me I have the potential and I'm always in tune. I won't say I'm great but if I'm 100% sure about this, I would train, join music workshops, maybe get a vocal coach someday? and make music. I'm gonna work really hard for it. I guess I just need that one last push. So can someone help me pinpoint any placement/aspect in my chart that indicates musical talent or affinity for music? Thank you.

There are some positive indications for a career in the arts in your natal chart.

---The North Node and Pallas in your 5th of creative talents. Those are very bountiful placements for exploring your creative skills snd desires.

---Venus in your 10th of career, ruler of your 2nd and 7th

---Taurus on the 2nd cusp of self worth, trine from Venus in 10th to Saturn in 2nd

I wish Neptune had a better pklacement and aspects. Neptune is in Aquarius and squaring Jupiter/Saturn. And Pisces is intercepted in your 12th. So Neptune probably won't be your muse.

However you do have a tight conjunction of Sun/Uranus which sextiles Pluto in 9th. So that does bode well for electronic, new age type of music. Synthsizers and computerised type of music is very popular in dance clubs snd in Europe.

Uranus is the planet of creativity and rebellion. It impels you to break the old rules and invent something new. Uranus is associated with innovations and originality and the future. When it comes to art, Uranus makes you want to experiment and discover new forms of self-expression

Harmelia

Hi, I like art in general but I have to narrow down what I'll pursue to master/focus on them. After much thought, I think I want to have a career in music and poetry. My intuition says it's the right choice and I got the green light from other spiritual practices I do (tarot reading, etc). I really like music and I like analyzing my favorite songs' compositions (how sounds go so well together). I also would like to explore many musical instruments. I also feel like I'm the type of person who likes variety and music has that. I don't have any background in said field but there are moments when I'd sing in karaoke with my classmates and they'd tell me I have the potential and I'm always in tune. I won't say I'm great but if I'm 100% sure about this, I would train, join music workshops, maybe get a vocal coach someday? and make music. I'm gonna work really hard for it. I guess I just need that one last push. So can someone help me pinpoint any placement/aspect in my chart that indicates musical talent or affinity for music? Thank you.

I'm going to have to say YES to music. I myself became a musician and teacher of piano and voice. I have Venus in Taurus in the 9th house. Taurus is the Musician of the Zodiac. Your 10th house of career has Capricorn on the cusp. The ruler of Capricorn is Saturn. Saturn is in Taurus in the 2nd house of money. You could make money at it.

Pisces is another sign that indicates strong interest in the arts - and you have Moon, Mercury and Mars all in Pisces, 12th. The ruler of your chart is Mars and it is in Pisces. Venus is the ruler of the arts in general and it is in the house of career. These are all strong indications for a path forward in the arts - and music in particular.

However, you are starting quite late. Most successful musicians start training very early as children. I suppose it depends upon what you want to do with your music and how much talent you have - but it really takes time to get good at music - even singing - and without lessons, you waste valuable time trying to learn something extremely complex and establish bad practice habits that are difficult to undo. With lots of things, we can learn without a teacher, but not music. If you seriously want to pursue music professionally, you need to take private lessons NOW - with a good teacher - piano and voice first. If you want to branch off to other instruments, piano gives you a foundation for success in all instruments.

I hope I don't sound discouraging. Adult students actually learn faster than children and there's no reason why you can't catch up and find your place in the music world. But, you'll have to work hard at it. I truly think that we should do what we love.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Your chart holds a lot of promise for your career.
Midheaven is your career, in business-minded, ambitious Capricorn ruled by Saturn, who is in your 2nd of income earnings.
The ruler of your 2nd is Venus, in the midheaven in Saturn's sign, and in mutual reception with Saturn. This can make it quite easy for you to earn a lot of money in your chosen field.
Midheaven is sextile to the pisces moon/mercury conjunction that gives you inspiration and intuition.You have the ability to express your deepest emotions, enhanced by being in intuitively musical pisces.
Moon/mercury are also in a semi-sextile to Neptune, again adding musical ability and creativity.
Moon rules your 5th of creativity, adding more energy concentration to this aspect.
Mercury rules your 3rd house of communication and writing.
Mercury is also ruler of detail minded virgo intercepted in the 6th of daily work.
The cusp of the 6th is sun, who is conjunct Uranus, so your work scheduling would be discontinuous, and not at all routine, with spurts of work on and off again, typical of a musical profession.
North node in the 5th of creativity shows you this is the path to follow.
South node is conjunct Neptune, so this talent has been carried over from a past life, and will come easily to you. There is a karmic destiny about this that you are called upon to fulfil in this lifetime.
Agressive aries on the ascendent will help you put yourself forward.
Venus also rules your 7th of partners, so you will need a partner/spouse who is involved in your career.
You are very intuitive, and the chart shows you can apply this with a great amount of success in the music field. Good luck to you.

Harmelia

Your response has been a great help. :smile:

And it's alright, I have spent 20 years being passive. I think I'm more than ready to put in the work now that I'm 100% sure that I want this. I dropped "painting" to focus on this too. I won't just work harder but also smarter for quick progress. I also idolize people who started at 21-23 so I think I'm good (If other people can do it, I can too).

As for what I want to do with music, I like synth pop, dream pop, shoegaze and anything that sounds kinda old and ethereal. I don't think I need a voice like Ariana's for that. I wanna be an alternative pop singer tho w/ influences from this genres. I want to find a distinct vocal style that would fit me. I also want to learn how to use the piano, violin, harp, bass guitar, electric guitar, synth pads and other percussion instruments. I would also like to use my vocals as an instrument. Also, not aiming to be Beethoven, I wanna learn enough to incorporate it to my music. After all I think music for me isn't about how hard the skills I've incorporated into it, it's about how intense the emotions it can evoke and how well the elements complement each other producing a sound that can rival the best in the field. Talentwise, I don't think I'm that talented in singing? but that's why I'll get a vocal coach. I think my talents lie more on creative thinking and intuitively sensing sounds that go well with each other but I'm aware that I need to learn more if I wanna be a household name in the future (I hope I don't sound delusional).

I also think we should do what we love. :love: Thank you!

Well, you sound confident and have a good idea of how you wanna fit into the music scene. That's good. But, you have to get in there and start doing it before you know how realistic your dreams are. To me, yes, you sound a bit like a dreamer. That's a lot of instruments to learn and you haven't learned one yet. So, go forth young woman and prove to yourself what you're made of. You won't know until you do it if this is really for you.

Creative thinking isn't going to make you a good or successful musician. Being creative is only a piece of it. Practice is the bigger piece - sometimes mindless, meditative, repetitive practice - going over and over musical lines - and how to consistently play the right notes or sing with tone quality or right intonation - whatever you're trying to perfect. And as a seasoned music teacher, I can tell you that the kids and adults who are performer types, often don't like to practice - and they don't get very far. These students always do well in performances, but because they don't practice much, they don't have much to perform. It's relatively rare to find a performer type who also really likes to practice. To be a musician, you truly need to ENJOY practice - spending a lot of time - the physical sitting down and doing it. That narrows it down for quite a few otherwise, would be capable musicians.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Your response has been a great help. :smile:

And it's alright, I have spent 20 years being passive. I think I'm more than ready to put in the work now that I'm 100% sure that I want this. I dropped "painting" to focus on this too. I won't just work harder but also smarter for quick progress. I also idolize people who started at 21-23 so I think I'm good (If other people can do it, I can too).

As for what I want to do with music, I like synth pop, dream pop, shoegaze and anything that sounds kinda old and ethereal. I don't think I need a voice like Ariana's for that. I wanna be an alternative pop singer tho w/ influences from this genres. I want to find a distinct vocal style that would fit me. I also want to learn how to use the piano, violin, harp, bass guitar, electric guitar, synth pads and other percussion instruments. I would also like to use my vocals as an instrument. Also, not aiming to be Beethoven, I wanna learn enough to incorporate it to my music. After all I think music for me isn't about how hard the skills I've incorporated into it, it's about how intense the emotions it can evoke and how well the elements complement each other producing a sound that can rival the best in the field. Talentwise, I don't think I'm that talented in singing? but that's why I'll get a vocal coach. I think my talents lie more on creative thinking and intuitively sensing sounds that go well with each other but I'm aware that I need to learn more if I wanna be a household name in the future (I hope I don't sound delusional).

I also think we should do what we love. :love: Thank you!

I just want to recommend something that I know will work for people who have never demonstrated any particular talent for singing. What I mean is, I think this is the best value in terms of vocal coach or voice lessons.

Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy.

www.kentamplinvocalacademy.com

ElenaJ

About not getting started....
the aspects are all there. But sometimes it's just too easy.
The purpose of squares and oppositions are to stimulate.
Otherwise one might just lean back into a cozy big overstuffed pillow and watch life and the world go by from the window.
Your aspects are very smooth, your Uranus contact might make you scattered.
Stick to point, get to it.
It would be a pity to waste all that talent in just dreaming.
Lastly, singing?
You have a great talent for communicating through words and music.
Try writing and composing.
Express your emotions. People will pick up on that and relate if you go through the heart, as pisces knows how to do it.

Harmelia

Sorry for sounding too eager haha I will practice and work hard not bc i just want to but bc i also need to. I think I’m talentless atm tbh. I have anhedonia induced by meds. I think this phase ought to teach me the value of hard work and inner power. I realised I can’t rely on inspiration, imagination and inborn talents alone bc I’ll be nothing if they’re taken away from me. I need to compensate for the loss by relearning them and being better than before (acquiring new skills). As for the instruments, I agree there are way too many instruments that I wanna play but I think it comes from a need of experimentation. There’s this singer called Grimes and she experiments a lot, I look up to her. I won’t attempt to learn everything at once, I’ll only learn them when I think I need to. Right now, I think I need to focus on vocals and maybe one stand alone instrument (I have a piano) and prolly read poetry books (it’ll help with lyricism). I also know that I don’t have the luxury of time so I won’t waste any moment and any opportunity to improve. Thank you so much!

Go girl! Time to stop talking about it now and GO! I wish you all the best!