What went wrong with these predictions?

Astroenthusiast

Hello,

Three astrologers practising different branches of astrology had foretold that I would get engaged in the month of April, with conviction. I, too, believed it because Jupiter is transiting my seventh house. And I place confidence in all three astrologers because rarely have their predictions gone wrong. Also I understand that predictions can and do go wrong many times, and even though Jupiter will only change sign in June, I have become apprehensive about my chances at matrimony and my parents are worried. If anyone can tell me if my apprehension is misplaced and possible timings of marriage, it will be greatly appreciated. Given below are my details and chart:

DOB: 05/06/1987
POB: Chandigarh
TOB: 21:31:12

Thanks

Attachments

• Me-chart.jpg
    Me-chart.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 40

Crystalpages

Looks like Dr. Heisenberg has entered (invaded?) the astrological realm as well. He must have gotten bored from keeping watch over electrons and such! ;-)

I am not making light of your plight, dear friend, please do not take it personally! Mr Rao stated somewhere that astrologers on average are right 82% of the times. He did not give more details about the survey if any or perhaps this was from his vast experience, in general. But I suspect he was not generalizing since he would have said 80% and not the more precise 82, I presume?

Anecdotally speaking, it has been observed and reported (generally privately) that sometimes a particular nativity and astrologer combination 'clicks' in more closely (a form of rapport?) than in other cases. I have experienced that though I actively try to guard against that, and I have not really examined critically the transits (during the reading session) or other astrological ?factors? (nativity and astrologer) playing some significant role or at least giving clear correlated indications. More work needs to be done in that unresolved question, I suppose...!

Good Wishes,

Rohiniranjan

Astroenthusiast

Even if you were making light of my plight, I wouldn't mind at all. My parent's anxiety is rubbing off on me, I need all the laugh, I can get. Today itself, not 2 hours ago, I have been told that I am 27 years old (though in a totally different context).

Astroenthusiast

About that effect of transits, since jupiter is a planet of expansion, wherever it sits, it expands that house. So sitting in 7th would mean, addition by way of marriage; and in 2nd, addition by way of birth, i think. I will reiterate, though, that my knowledge is abysmal, as you well know and I can very well be wrong.

Crystalpages

About that effect of transits, since jupiter is a planet of expansion, wherever it sits, it expands that house. So sitting in 7th would mean, addition by way of marriage; and in 2nd, addition by way of birth, i think. I will reiterate, though, that my knowledge is abysmal, as you well know and I can very well be wrong.

Dear friend,

Let us say we are born with jupiter in the 6th at 16 deg. Now at roughly age 1, 13, 25, 37, 49, 61, 73 or thereabouts, this expansion would be expected. Similarily, every 29.5 to 30 years one would expect Shani-dev to bring out the ledger of karma, and every..., well you get the picture! Generally speaking, transits would be secondary influences, triggers of sorts, rather simplistically stated. Wouldn't the more regular transit-alone arrangement with destiny have simplified astrology so much? But then we would end up being simply clones working to some cosmic clockwork that is identical for everyone. But, wouldn't that have thrown out of the window Mr. Karma and His LAW entirely? Therefore, we need to have dasas, others have other types of progressions and layers of Directions and the seemingly mish-mash is what we all astrologers end up poring over, and at times pulling our remaining hair and I hope you are still laughing...? But sadly, that is where the observed does not match the expected! And that is what increases the mystery behind this craft of astrology that we all are learning and learning and then applying and then learning some more. And really learning more about Her somewhat seductive charm. Some may be thinking and biting their tongues (keyboards?) that I am using such irreverent-sounding analogy and terminology for something that is so sacred and pure in Her religious and divine aspects.

I mean no disrespect, but if we fear and keep a sacred distance and continue to do so out of fear and all that, it will remain a formal acquaintance with a beautiful segment of knowledge, would it not? Trust me, She (astrology) does not bite and really would like us puny humans to get closer to Her and thereby we acknowledge and respect a Lady by not treating Her like a beautiful but lifeless statue, but a LIVING presence inside our hearts and around us! ;-)

Speaking of the (down-to-earth) matter at hand, your concern about your engagement and relationship, and the abatement of the anxiety of your parents, what mortal/earthly attempts have been made to get you 'hitched', as they say? While Jupiter was blessing you during transit...?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Last edited:

dr. farr

Remember with predictive work we have 2 factors: one is the nature of the prediction, of WHAT is predicted; the other is the TIME ESTIMATE of WHEN what is predicted will occur: this latter factor is the single most diffiuclt part of the astrological art: and tyring to narrow it down to a short a time as a particular calendar month-well, that is even MORE difficult than to estimate a general time period of WHEN the predicted matter will manifest.

Astroenthusiast

Generally speaking, transits would be secondary influences, triggers of sorts, rather simplistically stated.

I never said transits work alone. I merely said that at the present, jupiter is transiting my seventh house, which I did not mean to bring out as the only factor but that that I see it as an additional factor. And if I may bring to your kind notice that many astrologers base their work entirely on transits with success. Some, likewise, on thumb, on forehead. What is not known must not be considered as not possible!

dr. farr

Those of us who follow ashtakavarga consider that transit analysis (gochura) without taking the bindus into account, is more likely than not, to yield misleading indications...

Astroenthusiast

Those of us who follow ashtakavarga consider that transit analysis (gochura) without taking the bindus into account, is more likely than not, to yield misleading indications...

Okay. Clearly I may have given an impression that they predicted on the basis of transits, which they did not. I said that I knew jupiter was transiting my 7th house, which translates into likelihood of marriage.

Crystalpages

I never said transits work alone. I merely said that at the present, jupiter is transiting my seventh house, which I did not mean to bring out as the only factor but that that I see it as an additional factor. And if I may bring to your kind notice that many astrologers base their work entirely on transits with success. Some, likewise, on thumb, on forehead. What is not known must not be considered as not possible!

When we stop justifying and instead become silent, we open up and begin listening. Sometimes the listening is merely random! We wake up and walk out of our abode and a bird chirps. Maybe not the first time, but perhaps later on, the scenario changes?

The scenario changes...! Often?

Regards,

RR

Glinda

While jupiter was transiting my 10th house I was trying to start my own business but ended up looking for a regular job again because I could not find one single client. I sent out hundreds of mails, was doing a lot of acquisition on the phone etc. – nothing.

I was so enthusiastic about jupiter through my 10th and was so disappointed, when nothing I tried worked out to my favor. Under jupiter transits we can be overly enthusiastic, or can be too optimistic. Generally I would not expect too much from jupiter transits – it can be a lot of hot air (jupiter is a gas planet). BUT – If jupiter is the "gift from the universe" we can also say, its transits bring you what you NEED for your soul growth, not what you want or expect from it. Later I understood why I had to go back to a regularly paid solid job. Because my life changed dramatically and I had to have stable income to have a life of my own. See what I mean?

IF I am working with the right parameters, the western style chart tells me following:
At the moment you have the "grand square" on your AC/DC axis, so especially you and your relationships are going through a test phase, maybe it will get better, when the square softens. Jupiter can not act as beneficial as it usually would under such heavy transits, where the slow moving planets are so strongly active and touching such sensitive points (pluto retrograde your asc). I can imagine that you feel it very much as an energy that seems to tear you into different directions, please be patient things will move forward even if it feels like the hand break is applied. You want to free yourself from the situation but it doesn't work out. Give it a little time – look what happens when you're 29, when you'll have a saturn return, north node reaches your moon (7th ruler) and transiting uranus your natal jupiter. In august 2016 transiting jupiter conjuncts your moon and enhances moons natal trine to natal venus. These seem better suitable transits for relationship/love/wedding themes.

I checked your solar return for 2016 and it has a sun/venus conjunction in 5th house. Looking at your progressions I have seen: progressive venus is about to change sign in 2016/2017 moving into cancer, the sign on your descendant. The progressive sun is very close to the descendant – so change IS in preparation, just please be patient.

All the best …

Last edited:

suhasg

A quick look at your charts suggests that you should be more worried about "how the marriage would turn out to be" rather than your present concern "Marriage When ?"

Hello,

Three astrologers practising different branches of astrology had foretold that I would get engaged in the month of April, with conviction. I, too, believed it because Jupiter is transiting my seventh house. And I place confidence in all three astrologers because rarely have their predictions gone wrong. Also I understand that predictions can and do go wrong many times, and even though Jupiter will only change sign in June, I have become apprehensive about my chances at matrimony and my parents are worried. If anyone can tell me if my apprehension is misplaced and possible timings of marriage, it will be greatly appreciated. Given below are my details and chart:

DOB: 05/06/1987
POB: Chandigarh
TOB: 21:31:12

Thanks

Glinda

A quick look at your charts suggests that you should be more worried about "how the marriage would turn out to be" rather than your present concern "Marriage When ?"

For this "worry" you don't even have to look at a chart, this is basic worries. Please tell her why.

kshantaram

Premium Member
7th gemini-mer inimical/badhak for sag asc, stress and delays in matters of marriage-relationship and career support/vocation.

asc lord jupiter transit badhak gemini under stress, square moon too.

for women 8th house auspicious for marriage, while mid-june asc lord jupiter would transit elevated cancer 8th trine natal jupiter-rahu own pisces 4th for domestic happiness, jupiter-rahu 7th from moon. transit jupiter cancer 11th for gains-friendships from moon.

lords 1/7 jupiter-mer over pisces-gemini unfriendly and square, relationship/marriage under challenge and conflict to care for.
lords 7/5 mercury-mars conjunct scope for girl of choice, mars gemini neutral hence no mangaldosh.

mer-mars 7th gemini may be good for managerial/analytical/information technology skills.

7th lord mer over semi-friendly acq 5th for romance in the navamsa. navamsa 7th lord mars over unfriendly acq 5th in the navamsa.

venus aries 5th prone to mere attractions. venus negates 6th for employment matters, perhaps good for recovery from health issues. aspects own libra 11th for gains-friendships.

currently transit saturn libra opp venus, not considered good for marriage, though may promote artistic aptitudes/interests perhaps. could impact health of spouse. natal saturn over enemy sign scorpio 12th secretive and occult/research interests, financial constraints/expense side, urological health issues, tends to foreign lands, saturn aspects own capricorn 2nd supportive of finances/bank balances, saturn lord 2nd over the 12th tends to earn in foreign/distant lands.

sun-sat opp health and employment matters and expenses under stress. sun lord 9th over the 6th calling for greater efforts in life.

ketu transit venus impulsive aries impacting education-romance-position/promotion and health, prone to injury/surgery of head-heart-stomach-intestine etc. ketu transit 5th tending to change and anxiety.

mid-july ketu moves to natal jupiter-rahu 4th detachment from home/motherland/mother while rahu transits moon-ketu 10th, reverse overlapping transits of rahu-ketu tending to lifestyle reversal perhaps.

natal ketu virgo perfectionist and of critical thinking good for quality control type roles while may tend to career/job separations-changes.
rahu pisces sensitive.

jupiter-rahu own pisces 4th quadrant self-mastery over one's subject, say philosophy-religion-classical literature-vedas-yoga etc, for growth and riches in life through knowledge base. jupiter own pisces navamsa and strong.

hope generic observations help reflect upon the chart/transits, find useful enough. could share feedbacks.

hope marriage possibility jup mid-course cancer mid-oct/feb, thumb rule.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Astroenthusiast

Thanks, Glinda for replying and clearing the air about jupiter's transit. I am new to astrology. I read somewhere that jupiter's transit increases the likelihood of marriage and I said it here.

Last edited:

Astroenthusiast

I have a general idea about its fate ( one of the astrologers quite categorically used the D-word) which is why I am reluctant to enter into marriage. What's the point? Right. The only reason I am going to get married is because it is a reasonable expectation of every parent to see their child wed and they are good at emotional backmailing.

The reason I have been asking this question is not because I am eagerly awaiting my doom but that I don't want to be caught unaware.

Glinda

Thanks, Glinda for replying and clearing the air about jupiter's transit. I am new to astrology. I read somewhere that jupiter's transit increases the likelihood of marriage and I said it here.

this is just one option between many …

Last edited: