Why my mother is forcing me heavily to marry?

ScorpAsc5

Since last 3 weeks, it's been a very difficult time between me and my mother.

She is been heavily forcing me to marry. As a background, Indian culture really is awful when it comes to a woman's age and their marital status.

I feel suffocating, society/culture/traditions/family values - its all smothering me at the same time. I do not feel like to live anymore basically because I am very upset and supreme unhappy and I am unable to find an escape route.

Why is she forcing me to marry?(arranged). I love my mother immensely and fighting with her is hurtful in words I can't describe. I wish she could understand my happiness is not based on having a husband with a forced alliance.

I am afraid, something awful is going to happen... I do not want to do this.

Please if this chart could speak, please let me know. Thank you.

Is Mother 4th house or the 10th house? I see Jupiter (myself) in 1st house under Capricorn and Moon in 7th house in its own sign so this shows I am pretty stiff about this matter. Please help.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Embedded cultural traditions are not easy to overcome.
Your mother is 10th, Venus, in the 1st house, concerned about you, approaching a conjunction with forceful pluto, ruler of the 11th of hopes, wishes, future.
She is close to the cusp of the 2nd, so is thinking about your financial security and future.
She is in the ambitious, traditional sign of Capricorn, she wants the best for you, following traditions. Capricorn does not consider love, it considers prestige.
She doesn't seem to mean to harm you, she is doing what she has learned during her lifetime.
You are moon in cancer, on north node, so in a strong position. Moon in cancer is also traditional, but it relies more on emotion and it is not ambitious. You as moon are in venus' house, so you do strongly consider her and are under her power.
You are also Jupiter, in Capricorn in your fall. The moon separates from an opposition, and you are conjunct the south node, showing the emotional turmoil you are going through, and also the karmic aspect of the situation.
Moon enters a protective grand trine with Neptune and mars. Mars is your father, as well as the end of the matter. So he will help you as you approach him. And you should be able to realise your dream, of making your own choice (moon trine mars ruler of your 11th).

Last edited:

ScorpAsc5

Embedded cultural traditions are not easy to overcome.
Your mother is 10th, Venus, in the 1st house, concerned about you, approaching a conjunction with forceful pluto, ruler of the 11th of hopes, wishes, future.
She is close to the cusp of the 2nd, so is thinking about your financial security and future.
She is in the ambitious, traditional sign of Capricorn, she wants the best for you, following traditions. Capricorn does not consider love, it considers prestige.
She doesn't seem to mean to harm you, she is doing what she has learned during her lifetime.
You are moon in cancer, on north node, so in a strong position. Moon in cancer is also traditional, but it relies more on emotion and it is not ambitious. You as moon are in venus' house, so you do strongly consider her and are under her power.
You are also Jupiter, in Capricorn in your fall. The moon separates from an opposition, and you are conjunct the south node, showing the emotional turmoil you are going through, and also the karmic aspect of the situation.
Moon enters a protective grand trine with Neptune and mars. Mars is your father, as well as the end of the matter. So he will help you as you approach him. And you should be able to realise your dream, of making your own choice (moon trine mars ruler of your 11th).

Thank you Elena for writing to me. You are correct with my mother's positive intentions for me and my future. She tries to do the best for me yet we are on this conflict. You are right, she does not mean to harm, just wants me to have a happy future. But I do not see any happiness in being forced to live with someone for whole life.

I do not object marriage but I am being forced to do it right away (in next 6-8 months). In addition, I am in love with someone already.

My father's dead since 2001. I already told her my choice but then she is not listening. I read your writeup and I wanted to hug my mother for trying to do the best for me, but I really do not feel comfortable in being arranged.

Thank you for responding!

ElenaJ

"My father's dead since 2001."

This helps explain her pushiness, she doesn't have him to help her out with her daughter, and she's trying to pick up the empty space.

Don't get too down over this, you should be able to win her over with time.
Finding yourself between her and your wishes is a heavy conflict to resolve.

Why doesn't she want the man you are in love with?

ScorpAsc5

"My father's dead since 2001."

This helps explain her pushiness, she doesn't have him to help her out with her daughter, and she's trying to pick up the empty space.

Don't get too down over this, you should be able to win her over with time.
Finding yourself between her and your wishes is a heavy conflict to resolve.

Why doesn't she want the man you are in love with?

It's been years (since 2011) she is forcing me on-off to marry but this time she is extremely serious. She has already started to look out a guy for me.

I hope I would be able to resolve this conflict, hence I asked this horary question.

Last edited: