Astrologers' Community

Astrologers' Community (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/index.php)
-   Natal Astrology (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify (https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116795)

obsidianmineral 04-14-2018 02:18 AM

Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
What have you observed when seeing people and comparing their personality traits to their charts? Do they identify as their Sun sign or as their ascendant, or maybe their Moon?

I am a Cancer ascendant and I really identify with the sign of Cancer. I identify with being sensitive, caring and empathetic, with loving my home and my family. My Moon is in Libra and I usually subconsciously tend to be like that sign in social situations. My Sun is in Aries, a sign seen as one of the strongest and maybe the most hot-headed sign. I do identify as well with the traits that describe it. However, I think it's more of what I want to become, rather than what I have been. Maybe I display more Aries signs than I believe with others, but I feel strongly drawn to the idea of becoming an Aries and also feel Aries energy deep down inside me. It's more of a part of my personality that is in my head, not really something that's shown. I naturally tend to adopt ideals that resonate with the sign. I don't think it is how I show myself to others because it's just how I take things and rationalize what is going on. Could it be because Mars, the ruler, is in the 4th? You know, as the time passes, I identify more and more with Aries and less with the other signs. It's what I want to be.

druex 04-14-2018 05:57 AM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by obsidianmineral (Post 878492)
What have you observed when seeing people and comparing their personality traits to their charts? Do they identify as their Sun sign or as their ascendant, or maybe their Moon?

I am a Cancer ascendant and I really identify with the sign of Cancer. I identify with being sensitive, caring and empathetic, with loving my home and my family. My Moon is in Libra and I usually subconsciously tend to be like that sign in social situations. My Sun is in Aries, a sign seen as one of the strongest and maybe the most hot-headed sign. I do identify as well with the traits that describe it. However, I think it's more of what I want to become, rather than what I have been. Maybe I display more Aries signs than I believe with others, but I feel strongly drawn to the idea of becoming an Aries and also feel Aries energy deep down inside me. It's more of a part of my personality that is in my head, not really something that's shown. I naturally tend to adopt ideals that resonate with the sign. I don't think it is how I show myself to others because it's just how I take things and rationalize what is going on. Could it be because Mars, the ruler, is in the 4th? You know, as the time passes, I identify more and more with Aries and less with the other signs. It's what I want to be.

Good question!

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who practices Astrology and people get suspicious when asked about their time of birth so if I don't have that piece of information I rarely pull up a chart. As for me, I'm a Leo with an Aquarius moon and Scorpio ascendant. Scorpio on the ascendant - I'm sensitive and guarded but you wouldn't really catch it unless you poke at me. My Aquarius moon probably explains my coldness or lack of emotional expression my close friends always remind me of. Majority of the time I'm not aware of my detachment. I think the tight conjunction with Saturn has more to do with that. On a good day, my emotions are strong but stable and on a bad day, my emotions feel very heavy and borderline depressive. The Leo energy in my chart is strong but seems hard to express. Imo the Scorpio asc and Moon-Saturn conjunction suppress to a certain degree. I'm definitely a fiery Leo but with more depth and seriousness.

Whoam1 04-14-2018 06:11 AM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
I'm a Saggitarius Sun with a Leo Moon. I should fit right in with my fellow sag suns because I also have an angular Jupiter and a Saggitarius AC. However I'm not elitist, im not organized, I don't preserve the status quo.These traits just being a few that I don't fit in with (I'm not exactly positive either). My Leo moon is very fake, I don't give off the warm fuzzy feeling as much once you get to know me (I don't look like it either) I can be firey but in more of a dethrone the king way (I don't want to be the ruler). Saggitarius is also about branding in a sense.They pick a tribe and they climb the ladder of that group. I don't really have a tribe, I wonder around really, while my aesthetic is important I do it for my own person not for other people (I would dress and act very similarly if there were no other people on this earth as the way I do now). I have an Exalted Mars in Capricorn and the secretive nature of that placement described me well, but not as much as my Pluto square (and contra-Parralel) my moon. Talk about throwing a wrench in every system and nassing people for fun. It makes me moody because it turns up the energy of my moon, Saturn also trines my moon so I bottle things up, and Jupiter semi-squares my moon I think adding tension to the mix. However Pluto-moon isn't exactly a sign I can identify as...

aquarius7000 04-15-2018 01:08 AM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by obsidianmineral (Post 878492)
What have you observed when seeing people and comparing their personality traits to their charts? Do they identify as their Sun sign or as their ascendant, or maybe their Moon?...

To be honest, I really don't understand the use of "or" in the question. I would think a native would identify with all of those. And, of course, astro-logically speaking, one would identify most with the planets that is the purest - least aspected and strongly placed sign and house wise.

On a different note, I am wary of people that say that they are not like their Moon or Sun, or whatever because they can't identify themselves with the sign of their Moon, etc. And, then, by and by, you see that they start mentioning that other planets aspect that Moon. So, obviously, the energy of that is modified through those aspects.

IleneK 04-15-2018 04:06 AM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
I think, at least developmentally, people are their Moon very early, like in the arms of the mother. I think they manifest their rising sign as they begin the engage the world a bit more independently. And I think most of us are able to "get" or be conscious of our rising sign; like it is usually pretty evident. Personally I think that we are able to "get" or become our Sun the latest of the three, perhaps because we develop our identity/ego the latest in life.
Sometimes I am still not sure that I fully get my Sun sign consciously :smile:, although in a way I suppose know it very well....

Just my 2 cents

katydid 04-15-2018 04:14 AM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
I have found that natives tend to identify with their Sun and Moon, specifically, in the areas of the house they are placed in. And it is in those areas, they would focus that sun or moon energy.

For example, someone with Moon in Gemini in the 8th might experience that differently than a native with Moon in Gemini in the 3rd.

Moon/Gemini in 3rd might be more talkative, social, open to meeting new people and be pro-active in their surroundings.

That same Moon in the 8th might be a bit more guarded, yet might be experimental sexually, perhaps bi-sexual or polyamorous, or in an open relationship?



So both natives would have Gemini type emotions, but they would be focused on the houses they were placed in, and/or ruled.

aquarius7000 04-15-2018 03:09 PM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IleneK (Post 878671)
I think, at least developmentally, people are their Moon very early, like in the arms of the mother. I think they manifest their rising sign as they begin the engage the world a bit more independently. And I think most of us are able to "get" or be conscious of our rising sign; like it is usually pretty evident. Personally I think that we are able to "get" or become our Sun the latest of the three, perhaps because we develop our identity/ego the latest in life.
Sometimes I am still not sure that I fully get my Sun sign consciously :smile:, although in a way I suppose know it very well....

That was well put.

I do think though that we identify ourselves with the Moon throughout our lives. Why? Because the Moon is a whole lot more than just the mother and emotions. It has everything to do with our internal dynamics - our fears, our comfort level, our mood, how we feel at any given moment. I have a Cap Moon and, despite being usually a rather gregarious person - given my Leo Asc. and a 7th house exalted Venus with Mercury close by, if I do not 'like' or feel comfortable in my immediate surroundings, or something is bothering me, I am the exact opposite and completely withdrawn. My Moon is also afflicted by Saturn, so that sort of doubles the effect.

What I am trying to say through my own personal example is that the Moon is as close as it gets astrologically and the 'planet' you will identify yourself with your whole life because even a child has fears and insecurities, which only increase as we grow up.

I also know that I have been highly independent (Aquarius Sun and Leo Asc.) from the beginning in most all respects. So, I do think that we relate to all of those, but in different ways. I do agree though that of course the ego-identity takes the longest to develop.

IleneK 04-15-2018 03:31 PM

Re: Ascendant and Sun sign and how you identify
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aquarius7000 (Post 878801)
That was well put.

I do think though that we identify ourselves with the Moon throughout our lives. Why? Because the Moon is a whole lot more than just the mother and emotions. It has everything to do with our internal dynamics - our fears, our comfort level, our mood, how we feel at any given moment. I have a Cap Moon and, despite being usually a rather gregarious person - given my Leo Asc. and a 7th house exalted Venus with Mercury close by, if I do not 'like' or feel comfortable in my immediate surroundings, or something is bothering me, I am the exact opposite and completely withdrawn. My Moon is also afflicted by Saturn, so that sort of doubles the effect.

What I am trying to say through my own personal example is that the Moon is as close as it gets astrologically and the 'planet' you will identify yourself with your whole life because even a child has fears and insecurities, which only increase as we grow up.

I also know that I have been highly independent (Aquarius Sun and Leo Asc.) from the beginning in most all respects. So, I do think that we relate to all of those, but in different ways. I do agree though that of course the ego-identity takes the longest to develop.

Also, well spoken.
I agree wholeheartedly that once we identify with Moon, we are always identified with Moon over the lifetime and its influence will present over that entire lifetime. And if I personally had to pick the most influential of the Sun, Moon, Asc over a lifetime, it would clearly be Moon. But that is not to say the other two are not very important; they and the whole chart all work synergistically.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.