Local space charts (azimuth, altitude), what software is best

Jiri

Hello,

I have a question specifically about local space charts (azimuth and altitude) - which software is best and most convenient to work with? I currently have Solar Fire and WinStar and the former does local space just in a quite limited way, the latter does it better but still isn't good enough to work with as it for example doesn't state altitude anywhere just has altitude graph which isn't good enough. Would need something which clearly states aspects of azimuth and altitude and would be possible to edit these aspects. I've also noticed that altitude for Part of Fortune has different values in both softwares...

Thanks for any help.

Cruiser1

horizon.png

local space charts (azimuth and altitude) - which software is best and most convenient to work with?
The "best" software can of course be measured in different ways. However, Astrolog is one program that can easily do local space, and display positions relative to the local horizon in azimuth and altitude coordinates. Astrolog can do graphical local space (such as seen above), as well as text mode local space charts which list azimuth and altitude numbers. Astrolog can also draw 2D or 3D aspect lines on the local space chart (which can be customized to be whatever aspect angles you want) as well as calculate when planets rise, culminate, and set. For extra detail, Astrolog's "chart spheres" show a 3D model of local space: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/screen/sphere.gif

I've also noticed that altitude for Part of Fortune has different values in both softwares.
The Part of Fortune may have different local space locations depending on how it's calculated. Some simply place the Part of Fortune at 0 degrees ecliptic latitude always, while others apply the same (Asc-Sun+Moon) formula used to calculate the Part of Fortune's zodiac position to determine its ecliptic latitude too. Astrolog supports both methods.