Should I cancel my holiday

Milarien

Chart attached.

Mercury is L1; using 5th house for vacation because it's in the same country and just a short plane ride, not an overseas trip... so that's Mars in Scorpio in detriment... there's no aspect between them. So you'd think that would be a no I shouldn't. But I was going to see a friend, a very old friend, to catch up, and to catch up with some other friends, and things have become complicated, unwittingly. Now I have grave doubts about going.

thanks for any advice or help.
Mila

Attachments

• cancel holiday.jpg
    cancel holiday.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 48

blackbery

Hello there, I would use either the 4th or 9th House, not 5th. A trip would never fall under that house of leisure, hobbies, fun, children. That's my method so please ignore if you feel it doesn't apply here.

Mercury conjunct Jupiter & Saturn ---- the ruler of H9 indicate this is a mixed bag. You are weighing the options like you have posted here. Optimism/confidence blended with very caution based on fear. Why are you afraid of going at this time? With South NODE H7, could indicate a loss of a friend. However, North NODE conjunct AC indicating that you can go ahead with the trip, all systems go.

Whatever you decide, there is healing needed with Ckiron conjunct MC.

Good Luck.😃💐💐

Chart attached.

Mercury is L1; using 5th house for vacation because it's in the same country and just a short plane ride, not an overseas trip... so that's Mars in Scorpio in detriment... there's no aspect between them. So you'd think that would be a no I shouldn't. But I was going to see a friend, a very old friend, to catch up, and to catch up with some other friends, and things have become complicated, unwittingly. Now I have grave doubts about going.

Mila

Osamenor

Staff member
The 9th house covers any travel over too long a distance to make it a day trip. A short plane ride qualifies. If you have to take a plane at all, it's too far to go there, do what you went there for, and return home all in one day. So, reading the ninth house for this is correct.

A short distance trip--day trip distance--would be 3rd house, not 5th.

Milarien

Hi Blackberry and thank you. Yes, definitely weighing the options, and yes, there is healing needed. Spot on with that one.

Yes, I am afraid of losing a friend, so there's my hesitation... if I don't go I can potentially avoid that, but maybe I can't... maybe going and dealing with it is exactly what I need to do. Other than that it should be a marvellous break and a chance to look around a place I'm thinking of relocating to in the future. I really, really don't want to lose this friend though, but I didn't see that myself and you picked my biggest fear right out of it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

I'll go ahead and enjoy my holiday :)

Cheers

Hello there, I would use either the 4th or 9th House, not 5th. A trip would never fall under that house of leisure, hobbies, fun, children. That's my method so please ignore if you feel it doesn't apply here.

Mercury conjunct Jupiter & Saturn ---- the ruler of H9 indicate this is a mixed bag. You are weighing the options like you have posted here. Optimism/confidence blended with very caution based on fear. Why are you afraid of going at this time? With South NODE H7, could indicate a loss of a friend. However, North NODE conjunct AC indicating that you can go ahead with the trip, all systems go.

Good Luck.������

IleneK

Premium Member
Chart attached.

Mila
Based on if I understand your question correctly, which I many not, I think I would look more to what is going on between you and your friend to decide if you should cancel the holiday. Your friend/Venus is strong in this matter, Venus being in its exaltation. You/Merc have very modest strength by essential dignity, by face. We see your dismay towards your friend, since she/Venus is in the sign of your/Merc's detriment and fall.

I think what is uneasy between you and your friend may not be resolved since your significators are one sign apart. So not only do they not aspect, but they are described as disjunct; they do not regard each other, cannot see eye-to-eye.

If this question is about your friend and you, then think I might cancel a trip under these circumstances. If the "becom[ing] complicated" is not related to the friend, then my delineation may be incorrect.

Last edited:

Milarien

Actually, I'm going to see several friends, not just one, and for many reasons. These are all people that have been friends for 40 or more years. Catching up with one particular friend was important, but doesn't overide all the other people I want to catch up with, and in this case, I would assign that particular friend the 7th house, Jupiter in the 8th, given our past relationship (serious long term partner) and our current, rather complicated, but more than friends, relationship.

But thank you for your thoughts :)

Based on if I understand your question correctly, which I many not, I think I would look more to what is going on between you and your friend to decide if you should cancel the holiday. Your friend/Venus is strong in this matter, Venus being in its exaltation. You/Merc have very modest strength by essential dignity, by face. We see your dismay towards your friend, since she/Venus is in the sign of your/Merc's detriment and fall.

I think what is uneasy between you and your friend may not be resolved since your significators are one sign apart. So not only do they not aspect, but they are described as disjunct; they do not regard each other, cannot see eye-to-eye.

If this question is about your friend and you, then think I might cancel a trip under these circumstances. If the "becom[ing] complicated" is not related to the friend, then my delineation may be incorrect.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Actually, I'm going to see several friends, not just one, and for many reasons. These are all people that have been friends for 40 or more years. Catching up with one particular friend was important, but doesn't overide all the other people I want to catch up with, and in this case, I would assign that particular friend the 7th house, Jupiter in the 8th, given our past relationship (serious long term partner) and our current, rather complicated, but more than friends, relationship.

But thank you for your thoughts :)

You are welcome and thank you for clarifying. I wish you well in this matter.

Milarien

You are welcome and thank you for clarifying. I wish you well in this matter.

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer in the first place. I'm going on this holiday with a view to looking at a place I'm considering relocating to; to catch up with several old friends... and yes, our view are out of sync now, mostly religious views, but we're still friends... one person I'm seeing will probably not live long enough for me to ever see him again, so there's a lot of fear around that; and one person I might have to let go of as a friend. It's got really complicated... I don't want to say goodbye to someone who's been a father figure to me for so long, and there's a lot of worry about my ex and where that's going. Also a lot of joy around catching up with childhood friends that I haven't seen in person for a few years now, particularly as two of them are daughters of the person who will probably die very soon (he's 93).

As I said, the situation got complicated... I'm very grateful for anyone taking the time to give me some insight... and great to know that any plane trip involves the 9th :) For me, a trip within my own country isn't a big trip.

Warmest wishes

Milarien

My apologies, I forgot to actually answer your query. There is an element of fear. I'm catching up with a long lost friend, and that's scary, plus I've been housebound for the last 3 years, so going somewhere alone is really scary. It will be good for me, I know that, but also scary and it could precipitate a move which is also really scary.

Yours was the most apt question and perhaps that's why I *forgot*? to answer?

There is a great deal of fear involved... yes. But its good to see that there's such a positive indication. It could change a great deal about my life.

Thank you so much.

Good Luck.😃💐💐

Milarien

Actually my *friend* would be more accurately described by Jupiter L7.

tikana

I would cancel it

Here is why

1. mercury is in 8th house yes conj jupiter but it is 8th house
2. moon is opposing Sun - full moon .. i have never seen a successful full moon chart esp when moon is so weak

Now if we look at lord of 5th house - for fun it is Mars it is fall and in 12th house, you will hate the vacation if it does take place

Milarien

Well, thanks for your thoughts Tikana... alas, it's a little late to cancel now, so hopefully nothing disastrous will happen. :/

I would cancel it

Here is why

1. mercury is in 8th house yes conj jupiter but it is 8th house
2. moon is opposing Sun - full moon .. i have never seen a successful full moon chart esp when moon is so weak

Now if we look at lord of 5th house - for fun it is Mars it is fall and in 12th house, you will hate the vacation if it does take place

Milarien

Oh lordy, can't you find ANYTHING good in there hahahahahahaah - I don't think you can even buy armour here hahahahah... now I'm really worried actually... saturn in my natal 12th house - I'm my own worst enemy :/

Besides, shipping it would get it there after I came home LOL

ship it to where you will be staying :)

Last edited:

tikana

Oh lordy, can't you find ANYTHING good in there hahahahahahaah - I don't think you can even buy armour here hahahahah... now I'm really worried actually... saturn in my natal 12th house - I'm my own worst enemy :/

Besides, shipping it would get it there after I came home LOL

awww thats soo sad! lord of 5th house is in bad spot essentially and accidentally

Milarien

buy a chainmail and full armor and update please.

Well, Tikana, here's your update... the chainmail and armour never made it. The holiday is a total disaster, not just for me personally, the whole place has had flash flooding everywhere, I can't get to see my friends, there's no open road down to where they are. The hotel is a nightmare... it honestly couldn't be worse...

My special friend hadn't been particularly honest with me, and was still living with his partner, although they haven't spoken for 2 months and now she thinks he's cheated on her and thrown him out, although he hasn't, and I don't know how to get out of this mess. I can't get home, I can't get to my friends, the hotel has shut down it's restaurant because of covid... and it could probably be worse but I can't think how right now... I've attached an updated chart for you to see...

Never had a worse *holiday* in my life.

Attachments

• bad situation.jpg
    bad situation.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 32